• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splatoon map, Camp Triggerfish, releasing Friday

Exile20

The map we have all been waiting for is releasing soon.

tumblr_nryqprMnB41u3akyno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nryqprMnB41u3akyno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nryqprMnB41u3akyno4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nryqprMnB41u3akyno3_1280.jpg

Pack your knapsack because we’re going to camp. Camp Triggerfish, that is!
When the Inklings aren’t busy making s’mores or boondoggle key chains, they enjoy the majestic scenery afforded by camping the best way they know how – Turf War! Battles here play out across a series of bridges, which you’ll have to cross to reach your opponents’ turf.
Each team base at Camp Triggerfish is outfitted with a set of floodgates. When the gates are down, it’s easier for the other team to come and go as they please. In Turf War, the gates lower with one minute left on the clock, leading the way for late-game assaults. In Ranked Battle, they stay down so players can come and go as they please. Watch out in Tower Control! The tower’s path is almost always over water and you’ll need to show off your best squid skills to avoid getting dunked.
Starting tomorrow at 7 PM PT, Camp Triggerfish will be added to the stage rotation. Maybe after we’re done battling we can gather round the fire and sing some jaunty campfire tunes!

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/124883027053/pack-your-knapsack-because-were-going-to-camp

weekev

Banned
God dammit my internet is down and I need to wait till Tuesday for an engineer. Really hope its still on the rotation constantly by then.

hatchx

Banned
Sweet, does that round off all of the known maps then?

The new promos said there'd be new maps in the big August update. I wonder if we are in for a surprise? (hoping for Delfino Plaza or some kind of Mario Sunshine throwback)

That's my secret cap, im always triggered.

Looks like a fun map, do we have a shot of the same area with floodgates up and down? that's a pretty interesting change to the map that i dont think we've seen before.

AdanVC

Enough that a 3 map rotation should soon be doable.

Uhhh hoping that with the big upcoming august update, they add 3 maps on the rotation instead of 2. Sometimes I play the same map more than 10 consecutive times like, wtf?? I don't mind playing the same map over and over again but still omg.

Gnilres

I've had Splatoon for a week now and I'm kinda glad I bought it later. There's a lot of content in this game and more keeps coming.

mp1990

Banned
Map looks awesome ! Seems I'll go back to Splatoon tomorrow then, i stopped playing it after the Cat vs Dog Splatfest to give more attention to some new games/games on my backlog, but this map looks really great and I already miss the game.

RagnarokX

No, there were like 3 "?" and more coming in August.

They showed that Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, Walleye Warehouse, Blackbelly Skatepark, and Arowana Mall were at launch. Then they showed Camp Triggerfish, Bluefin Depot, and Kelp Dome followed by 5 question marks. That makes Moray Towers and Port Mackeral 2 of the 5. What I mean is that Camp Triggerfish was the first of the maps we knew about but it's the last to be distributed of those maps, and we had 2 maps we had no idea about come out before it as well.

Nydius

Looks sweet. Looks like I'll finally get to finish my Inking Merit Badge for my Starfish Rank in Squid Scouts.

woopWOOP

I like the little tents in the background.
Really drives home it's just a pastime and they all roast marshmellows* together after a fun day of turf wars :]

*or squid....

Neoxon

Why this week? I'll be balls-deep in the SFV beta.

That being said, I guess this is the last of the stages that are already on the disc. So I'm assuming that from here on out, all future stage additions after Camp Triggerfish will have to actually be patched in rather than just unlocked.

Pokemaniac

The fact that they're exhausting the on disc maps now suggests that the August update is probably coming sooner rather than later. They've kept a pretty good pace for new maps so far.

Both of the previous ranked battle modes unlocked on the first of the month US. I would guess the Rainmaker mode does as well. That would be next Saturday.

I wonder how the four remaining maps will be distributed. So far a new map or mode comes roughly a week after the last. They could do that here for the rest of August. But I feel they may shorten the time between.

Yes! I love the sound of the bridge mechanic. It's the only map so far where anything changes over time, or did I miss anything?

Also great to have a more rural setting after all the urban ones. Nice!

Edit: Btw. not sure if this is the right place, but what's with the Octoling post? What are they hinting at?

We’ve received a sketch from one of our researchers. Looks like an Octoling… Hey! We’ve seen this before. Looks like a false alarm. Wait a minute. Something’s different here… Whoa! WHOOOOA!

Edit 2: Nevermind. I guess it's just the lack of googles...

Top Bottom