• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New STALKER 2 Screenshots

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's great, I thought MS had bought the studio or somit and was one of those games I'd have to admire from afar
No, it'll eventually come, unless the partnership agreement changed (which I doubt it'd). A big game like this needs PS to make a profit.

Here is a document screenshot that was leaked during the Apple vs. Epic court case that revealed Microsoft's timed-exclusivity agreement for STALKER 2.

bqMqM0n.jpg

That's great, I thought MS had bought the studio or somit and was one of those games I'd have to admire from afar

Very few 3rd party xbox exclusives stay that way forever, if at all.

It's a win win for everyone, they get an exclusive, while some time later, other platform owners get to play it, while game developer gets paid for exclusivity deals as well as sales are not hamstrung.

sachos

Its UE5 but do we know if its using Lumen and Nanite? Geometry density seems crazy, but im not too sure on the Lumen use, some spots look like classic raster with "glowy" spots were should be shadows or occlusion. Probably im wrong.

Last edited:
I want a remaster of the original trilogy looking as good as this. I've finished the first two Metro games, but I can't stand their linear gameplay. I want an open world environment with STALKER allows.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Other devs: Development during Covid is hard :messenger_pensive:

Stalker devs:

I am grateful that my country was able to facilitate them

I want a remaster of the original trilogy looking as good as this. I've finished the first two Metro games, but I can't stand their linear gameplay. I want an open world environment with STALKER allows.

Play Anomaly. There's nothing else like it. It's extremely polished and the graphics look serviceable enough which you can further improve to look decent, but the real star here is the gameplay. If there's a simple way to describe it.. i'd say it's advanced beyond current trends to a point where it feels light years ahead of anything out there. There's possibly never going to be anything like it because it doesn't appeal to a wide demographic due to its difficulty. Metro and other accessible shooters feel like children's toys in comparison, and the feeling of mastering Anomaly's gameplay is amazing.

Also, it's fucking free! Often updated by its passionate, dedicated modding community and it's played by everyone in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. community.

Last edited:

OCASM

Banned
It's not really accurate though. For example:
  1. #1 has extremely soft shadows originating from the left side. The body creates a shadow, but the head doesn't.
  2. #2 does not have any shadow at all.
  3. Then #3 also has an incorrect shadow originating from a different direction altogether, as if there's another light source (which isn't the case). It confirms that these are not ray-traced shadows at least.
Apart from the shadow, I feel the lack of ambient occlusion also makes it look worse than it currently is.

But I once again want to reiterate that these are minor issues and not really worth discussing in this detail.

62aCaxl.jpg
1) Shadows are softer the further away the caster is from the receiver. The head's shadow is simply softer than the the body's.
2) It does have a very soft shadow.
3) There isn't even a shadow there.

You might want to go outside on a cloudy day.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
1) Shadows are softer the further away the caster is from the receiver. The head's shadow is simply softer than the the body's.
2) It does have a very soft shadow.
3) There isn't even a shadow there.

You might want to go outside on a cloudy day.
Exactly!
man-taking-a-photo-on-an-ipad-of-the-dugald-stewart-monument-and-view-ERD8NY.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yes, that's a videogame.

Hope it doesn't put my PC on fire, holy shit does it look amazing.

Top Bottom