• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New study claims ramen is displacing tobacco as most popular US prison currency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tip for the bagged ramen:

1. Put the brick in a zip lock bag
2. Open the seasoning packet and dump it in the zip lock
3. Zip it and smash it til the noodles are in little pieces and shake to spread the seasoning
4. Eat for a light crunchy, salty snack!
I used to do that as a kid. What was I thinking...

dyergram

3. Zip it and smash it til the noodles are in little pieces and shake to spread the seasoning
Had some ramen the other day that had this listed as one of the recommended way to eat them. I didn't follow the advice because I'm not a fucking monster.

I have done this, and never repeat it again, the uncooked noodles sent me to the bathroom all day..

Grazzt

I've seen some special ramen designed to be eaten like this. But I wouldn't recommend to try it on normal instant ramen.

jiggle

Only eat the precooked ones raw
Some are tasty even without the msg pack

Mama_instant_noodle_block.jpg

Eyeh4wk

You remind me of this gem:
d9qNa.png

Nephtis

I've a friend that went to jail

He also spoke of ramen being a more important currency than tobacco. I thought he was just BSing.

My cousin told me how they made nacho ramen in prison. Shit looked mad good.

How do you do this? Please I have been drinking and need disgusting food to satisfy my appetite.

My aunt used to crunch it up in the package AND drain off the liquid before serving it. I've never seen it served in a worse way, EVER.

I'm still fucking mad about it.

I mean with a little soy and oil this is literally what the Maruchan Yakisoba is.

hoserx

I eat raw ramen all the time when I'm backpacking. Sometimes you just don't feel like getting the stove out and boiling a cup of water. It's pretty good, and I can eat it while I hike.

Why waste a zip-lock bag? Shit comes already bagged.

Most of America doesn't care. Prisons are mostly African Americans, if they starve no water off their back. Racism is getting worse in the USA it seems.

Prisons are roughly one third black demographically speaking. Race plays a factor sure, but it's more America's hard liner stance on crime. We have very little sympathy for people who commit crimes and want maximum penalization when a smarter approach has been proven to be rehabilitation.

johnsmith

remember me

eP6En.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom