• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros U Patch Coming - Pro Controller Support Added

I'm fine playing it on the gamepad to be honest. I never minded using the Wiimote either, but one too many accidental spinjumps pushed me over the edge. I couldn't imagine using the pro controller for this game though. Wouldn't your thumbs be too close together accessing the d-pad and buttons?

Rvaisse

That´s cool!

With the new Gamepad battery, wiimote craddle, and white premium set release in japan,
and now this nice update for Pro controller support.
Nintendo is starting the engine... ( yes.. Restarting ).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
NICE!!! NSMBU hurt my hands with the GamePad for some reason. Something about how tightly I clutch it during high-stress always-holding-a-button play always put some sort of horizontal pressure on my right-hand fingers beneath the pad, I got a pretty bad ache throughout my hand. Cause the back of the pad is flat, and doesn't have proper wrap-around grip. Had to stop from time to time. It'll be pretty dag excellent to be able to use dat sexy protroller for Luigi.

Though I second concerns about the lack of motion. The bits where you need it really benefit from it being on an axis completely removed from your fingers. If I have to run around while also hitting shoulder buttons or something to move a platform around I think my brain might melt. We'll see!

vid

I'm still waiting for the ability to use a Wiimote + Nunchuk combination. That was the single best way to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii in my experience, and having it removed from NSMBU was crippling to me for quite some time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm still waiting for the ability to use a Wiimote + Nunchuk combination. That was the single best way to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii in my experience, and having it removed from NSMBU was crippling to me for quite some time.

Mario without a d-pad?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luigison

Time to buy a Pro I guess, but how do we tilt platforms? Will they have a special configuration using the shoulders or triggers?

You'll place those blocks and you'll like it!

Please understand.

How soon will this happen? I have a trip to visit family in a few weeks and this would be welcome news.

Parallacs

Hold a wiimote in your mouth while playing and tilt your head!

Haha, I have no idea why I laughed so hard at this.

It is probably a good thing the pro controller doesn't have motion. Battery life and weight would probably be affected. Besides, sometimes I just feel like being a toolbox and not moving when I'm playing.

daxgame

well, wtf. Not live in Europe? Or I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I launched NSMBU but it didn't download anything, I don't own NSLU yet

edit: daamn that post was made 2 days ago :( sorry, maybe there was another thread...

I really want to get a WiiU but i don't understand all the accessories. They have a Gamepad, a WiiMote +, and Pro Controller.

Some stuff sorts with certain games and not with other? Confused

Top Bottom