• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. U trailer

Here's a new video from NWR, I think it's all or mostly footage from levels we've seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWan9JRCoc8&t=1m40s

BUT, at 1:40, you can see the player with the GamePad be a total dick with the platforms. It's pretty funny, and looks like it'll create some fun gameplay depending on how he chooses to leverage his ability.
Personally, this is why I'm excited about NSMBU. Not because I want to help friends via GamePad, but rather, I want to kill them. I think it would be a blast to do "Iron Man" runs where everyone starts a new game, and you see how far 4 players can make it before the GamePad player gives them the Game Over screen.

Seik

Banned
Here's a new video from NWR, I think it's all or mostly footage from levels we've seen before.

BUT, at 1:40, you can see the player with the GamePad be a total dick with the platforms. It's pretty funny, and looks like it'll create some fun gameplay depending on how he chooses to leverage his ability.

That guy on the Gamepad is on pure cocaine.

Personally, this is why I'm excited about NSMBU. Not because I want to help friends via GamePad, but rather, I want to kill them. I think it would be a blast to do "Iron Man" runs where everyone starts a new game, and you see how far 4 players can make it before the GamePad player gives them the Game Over screen.

Easy shot, I'd just put a block at each part I know my friends will have no choice but to jump right above their heads and BOOM, massive trash talk ensue.

ASIS

I'm pretty sure I hadto waggle in NSMB Wii and DKCR for actions that was easily done with a snes controller.
I'm pretty sure you can also do that with wiimote and nun buck controllers. Also I don't remember any waggle in games like metroid prime or xenoblade.

zroid

Banned
Easy shot, I'd just put a block at each part I know my friends will have no choice but to jump right above their heads and BOOM, massive trash talk ensue.

A lot of folks are ranting about the GamePad player getting the lesser experience, but I personally can't wait to have a go at it.

I love that the Moon 3-Ups are back.

Surprisingly, Boost Mode looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I think a lot of viewers simply believed that the GamePad user didn't know how to play. The music is also still a bummer.

Also I don't remember any waggle in games like metroid prime or xenoblade.

Actually...

metroidprime3corruption_00b.jpg

But it's fine. I liked it :p

ASIS

If Gandrayda jumps on you you have to waggle her off (okay that didn't come out right), there we go, you can't escape this time from a single rarely encountered situation!

That sounded hot.

But honestly, button mash would be no better in that situation. IMO at least.

If Gandrayda jumps on you you have to waggle her off (okay that didn't come out right), there we go, you can't escape this time from a single rarely encountered situation!

It doesn't matter. Even actual motion control and pointer usage like in MP3 are all equally considered bad waggle! Didn't you get the memo?

That sounded hot.

But honestly, button mash would be no better in that situation. IMO at least.
and I would agree.

It doesn't matter. Even actual motion control and pointer usage like in MP3 are all equally considered bad waggle! Didn't you get the memo?

I got the memo and chose to ignore it like a real renegade, it went up in flames on my household fire, the hate makes it burn that much brighter.

radcliff

While I am glad they made a new main theme, I am disappointed they kept the same castle theme. Even though I like the castle theme itself, I would have liked something new. Maybe it is just a placeholder for the demos?

Drago

While I am glad they made a new main theme, I am disappointed they kept the same castle theme. Maybe it is just a placeholder for the demos?
I hope so. It is literally the exact same as the Wii theme, so it probably isn't final.

Then again, NSMB2 reused everything...

A lot of folks are ranting about the GamePad player getting the lesser experience, but I personally can't wait to have a go at it.

I played it at Eurogamer the other day, first as a standard player with a Wiimote and second as the GamePad player and honestly I enjoyed both just as much as each other. It was fun working as a team (with a complete stranger too) placing blocks to save him or help him reach higher platforms, as well as stun enemies.

At one point I tapped a koopa and the shell bounced into the air and the player playing as Mario ran into it, caught it and then threw it to hit an goomba in front of him. None of that was planned; it just happened. Was really cool.

So I have no doubts about it. I wouldn't feel left out or whatever if I was playing as the GamePad user.

watershed

Banned
Speed running with a 2nd player placing blocks looks amazing. Watching the mayhem looks like it actually adds something fresh to 2d mario.

Top Bottom