• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tales of Graces f English Screenshots

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The battle system carries the game definitely.

I played the import version, and even though I skipped nearly every cutscene, I still managed to enjoy the game. I looked forward to every fight in the game, even the regular enemies walking around the world map. I continued playing simply because of the fun boss battles down the road. The skits I looked up are absolutely hilarious as well, it's a good game to play through if you just wan to have a good time.

I can say win 100% honesty that you would look back fondly on Graces if you enjoy the battle system.

One thing I wish the US NB did more is release the game in its native state and include a booklet. In KR the game was in JP but it translate the entire game's story segments into Korean. Plus it did some extras and stuff. It really helps a lot and doesn't waste money. Too bad the US has strict rules...

No. Every critic thinks Bioware is some godsend for narrative directors. They're good but not extraordinarily great. I still think Dark Souls has the best narrative and storytelling this generation period.

Poorly worded on my part. I meant every critic appears to praise DA2 for its writing, and I was attempting to state that the "high" standards the critics, oh so, praise is absolute rubbish.

Ties

Banned
One thing I wish the US NB did more is release the game in its native state and include a booklet. In KR the game was in JP but it translate the entire game's story segments into Korean. Plus it did some extras and stuff. It really helps a lot and doesn't waste money. Too bad the US has strict rules...
That sounds like a pretty cool way to please the devout Tales fans in the west.

I remember playing through Hearts with the entire translation script and GFAQS material guide by my side. It was enjoyable for me, and if Namco just releases a translation script with a fully translated menu I would be perfectly content. But alas, it's a pipedream right now. I do wonder if Namco can get away with it if they go the digital only route with Tales? Dying for a full translation of Destiny Remake.

kayos90

That sounds like a pretty cool way to please the devout Tales fans in the west.

I remember playing through Hearts with the entire translation script and GFAQS material guide by my side. It was enjoyable for me, and if Namco just releases a translation script with a fully translated menu I would be perfectly content. But alas, it's a pipedream right now. I do wonder if Namco can get away with it if they go the digital only route with Tales? Dying for a full translation of Destiny Remake.

I think Sony has a rule where the audio and the dialogue has to be native for the US.

vall03

I've heard some people say that the Asian version would have dual-audio, don't know if its true though. We'll see next month...

kayos90

I've heard some people say that the Asian version would have dual-audio, don't know if its true though. We'll see next month...

I don't think there will be another Asian version Re-release.

EDIT: Just checked on Play Asia. i stand corrected.

kayos90

They still could do duo audio (Pretty sure all disgaea games are like that). But I guess licensing the VA and what not requires actual work.

I'm pretty sure someone will get at me for this but i don't think sony wants to invest the time and money for dual audio. Plus they don't want to take time to burn extra data that's sort of extra.

EDIT: wow that last bit sounded redundant and stupid.

Toki767

I'm pretty sure someone will get at me for this but i don't think sony wants to invest the time and money for dual audio. Plus they don't want to take time to burn extra data that's sort of extra.

EDIT: wow that last bit sounded redundant and stupid.

That would be Namco's call, but yeah. They're spending little money as is.

Ties

Banned
If Namco was the kid running for student body, he would be the one who no one knew was running because he forgot to hang up posters on the bulletin board.

Graces F has a relatively generic story, but I wouldn't necessarily call it bad. It's there, inoffensive and occasionally entertaining. Never goes into the "crazy metaphor/random symbolism that makes no sense" zone much either, which is a plus.

kayos90

Best Tales themes were Vesperia and Abyss. Justice and the Meaning of Birth was real nice. Also, here are some OT ideas.

About f-ing Time
MAMORU!!!
It’s not Xillia...
It’s not Vesperia PS3
Asbel = Suzaku?
Mamoru the Tales Series
ENTHUSIASM

Aeana

Best Tales themes were Vesperia and Abyss. Justice and the Meaning of Birth was real nice. Also, here are some OT ideas.

About f-ing Time
MAMORU!!!
It’s not Xillia...
It’s not Vesperia PS3
Asbel = Suzaku?
Mamoru the Tales Series
ENTHUSIASM

I agree with an earlier post that said it might not be a very good idea to mock the game in the OT, because people are already skeptical about it as it is.

kayos90

I agree with an earlier post that said it might not be a very good idea to mock the game in the OT, because people are already skeptical about it as it is.

Hmm.... I have no good ideas then. Rofl. Hopefully Schala comes up with something good then. Unless yall have something serious and good.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We're just having fun with it.

kayos90 said:
Hopefully Schala comes up with something good then. Unless yall have something serious and good.
Nahhhh, most of mine are probably going to be jokes. Let's take some suggestions from the audience. I think coming up with thread names and deciding on one is fun.

About f-ing Time
It’s not Xillia...
It’s not Vesperia PS3

I would really hate those three. I hope whomever does the OT doesn't use these. They are negative or nagging and it really is just irritating me because I am perfectly happy we're getting Graces f, at any time, considering I didn't think we would. I know you're all kidding -- I mean, I think you are -- but it's irritating seeing these three themes in, like, every Tales (or even non-Tales) thread I walk into.

kayos90

I would really hate those three. I hope whomever does the OT doesn't use these. They are negative or nagging and it really is just irritating me because I am perfectly happy we're getting Graces f, at any time, considering I didn't think we would.

Schala and I are working on the OT. We won't use these. We'll choose a more serious one. Any ideas?

Schala and I are working on the OT. We won't use these. We'll choose a more serious one. Any ideas?

My creative juices are dry at the moment. Haha, so I guess this makes me a finnneee one to talk *sarcasm*. I understand the point of ENTHUSIASM and thought that was okay. Hmm, let me think about it. :)

Verelios

I think an OT title poking fun at it is fine. Tales games are pretty light hearted anyway, and the combat is mostly the main drawing point of the series.

That said, I'd want to shoehorn something about free-run in there.

kayos90

I think an OT title poking fun at it is fine. Tales games are pretty light hearted anyway, and the combat is mostly the main drawing point of the series.

That said, I'd want to shoehorn something about free-run in there.

The problem is that we want this game to do good. In order to do that we should try and poke fun as least as possible. At least, that's the general consensus.

kayos90

Here are some more ideas.

Bringing Back the J in JRPG
Protect the Future!
Better Combat than XIII-2
Once More... With Feeling
White Wishes Come True
Best Combat Ever Period

I like some of yalls. Pretty sweet!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Graces f |OT| ENTHUSIASM for one of the best RPG battle systems ever

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno but maybe we should make the OT title direct and concise (like mentioning that it has one of the best battle systems). The game is vague enough already.

kayos90

I dunno but maybe we should make the OT title direct and concise (like mentioning that it has one of the best battle systems). The game is vague enough already.

|OT| Combat So Good It Hurts
|OT| Back Off, the Better Battle System is Here

Idk... I'm running out of ideas....

Ravage

ok how about

Tales of Graces f |OT| Perhaps The Best Combat To Ever Grace RPGs

:p

ULTROS!

Top Bottom