• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Team Meat game officially announced: Mew-Genics

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
After playing Binding of Isaac, I am really looking forward to what these guys put out. i went into that game with little expectations (hated the crazy difficulty in SMB) but the Binding of Isaac really suprised me, one of the best games I've played all year.

mew-frengers.jpg

Masterpiece.

If its Team Meat am hoping its not flash. Issac is ridiculous and gets too much of a pass for running like shit. If it came from a larger developer it'd be called out on it.

Look forward to it anyways.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Kind of disappointed that it's cats. The internet and it's cat obsession is the worst. That said, I'll buy anything Team Meat makes. Meat Boy was amazing.

The internet's obsession with cats is not a cause but a symptom of cats' eternal appeal. The same appeal that has made them the subject of this game.

Tyrax

I loved competing for leaderboard ranking between my friends on the 360. I hope the randomly generated part doesn't inbalance the scoring system.

Atomski

I loved competing for leaderboard ranking between my friends on the 360. I hope the randomly generated part doesn't inbalance the scoring system.

I wouldnt be to worried about that.. as I doubt they will release another game on 360 after all the trash talking they did with the poor placement of SMB.

:p

I wouldnt be to worried about that.. as I doubt they will release another game on 360 after all the trash talking they did with the poor placement of SMB.

:p

Nah, they would. Edmund has said as such. They just understand how "business" works now. Know to get things in writing.

Though I doubt XBLA would happen for this game, since it seems like a small project still (only started a month ago).

Super Meat Boy is one of my favorite platformers regardless of year or platform, and Binding of Isaac was pretty awesome as well, so I'm definitely in. Can't wait to read / see more!

ArynCrinn

Banned
Where's the "vertex-based game" Tommy was on about, which was supposed to be Team Meat's next big thing?

Anyway, pretty excited for Mew-Genics, but I really need to see and hear more about it. SMB iOS/PC however, I'm not holding out hope for a legacy rooted in precision skill to miraculously get the iOS re-imagining and tickle the same fancy, if you know what I mean.

Nabs

Where's the "vertex-based game" Tommy was on about, which was supposed to be Team Meat's next big thing?

Anyway, pretty excited for Mew-Genics, but I really need to see and hear more about it. SMB iOS/PC however, I'm not holding out hope for a legacy rooted in precision skill to miraculously get the iOS re-imagining and tickle the same fancy, if you know what I mean.

I think he reworked the engine so it scales graphically (vector-based, not vertex).

ArynCrinn

Banned
I think he reworked the engine so it scales graphically (vector-based, not vertex).

You're right, no idea how I got that confused. But do we assume that they put whatever game they were working on aside in favor of Mew-Genics, or was it Mew-Genics all along?

Atomski

Nah, they would. Edmund has said as such. They just understand how "business" works now. Know to get things in writing.

Though I doubt XBLA would happen for this game, since it seems like a small project still (only started a month ago).

They must have changed their tone. Seemed like every podcast they were on they bitched about MS, even like half a year after release.

They must have changed their tone. Seemed like every podcast they were on they bitched about MS, even like half a year after release.

It's been years, the people who fucked them don't even work for MS anymore. And they always had good things to say about their producer at MS. The guy who was fighting for their game when MS suits were like "ehhh 2D is out this year, 3D is in! Let's throw money at promoting Hydrophobia!"

A game where you create cats ala Frankenstein is nice, but is it a puzzle game? A roguelike? A RTS?

All we know is it has simulation elements.

You're right, no idea how I got that confused. But do we assume that they put whatever game they were working on aside in favor of Mew-Genics, or was it Mew-Genics all along?

Game #2 is a different thing, Mew-Genics didn't exist until two months ago.

xJavonta

Banned
Team Meat=insta-buy. SMB is honestly the greatest platformer I've played. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Mario games anymore. They're tired to me.

Also, TBOI (The Binding of Isaac) was NOT a Team Meat game. Wish everyone would stop saying it is. Tommy was not involved in it's development, only Edmund and Florian Himsl

Team Meat=insta-buy. SMB is honestly the greatest platformer I've played. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Mario games anymore. They're tired to me.

Also, TBOI (The Binding of Isaac) was NOT a Team Meat game. Wish everyone would stop saying it is. Tommy was not involved in it's development, only Edmund and Florian Himsl

Tommy did actually did help some, it would have ran even worse without him, but yeah, Florian was the programmer and that is why it was in Flash AS2 instead of something decent.

Shepard

Did you think Isaac was a poor execution of what it was going for, or was it just that what it was going for was not something you were interested in?

Sorry for the late response, but Poor execution, mostly. Poor controls, shooting wasn't satisfying enough, I think the whole game was built around the story novelty (weird story, weird bosses/enemies, weird locations) and the "game" aspect was left behind.

Top Bottom