• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Timeshift screens

Im hoping they put out a demo on marketplace, I kinda was interested in this game when it was first shown, but now my interest is pretty much dead.

mr_nothin

Banned
+hype
Awesome trailer.

Looks like they're using the FEAR engine...
I hope the AI is an improvement upon the already GREAT FEAR AI

Socreges

Banned
OatmealMu said:
The rain has really sharp knees. Pass.
:lol

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing the rain. I'm not interested enough in videogame discussion to criticize videogame rain.

But living in Vancouver, B.C., I have a fairly good idea of what rain looks like.

It's like, if someone drew a cat and called it a monkey, and someone applauded, wouldn't you laugh at that person?

Salazar

That trailer was surprisingly cool. I remember this game being on the EB 'Coming Soon - Pre-Order Now' rack about six months (or more) ago. I thought it was going to be one of the first games I got for 360.

Ryuuga

Banned
The rain doesn't look very natural in the environment. It looks more like a substance in reference to KY jelly perhaps.

Anyway, I do like how the game is shaping up. Not too sure how this game will stand out among other shooters for whenever a release date is decided upon. I'm sort of hoping that they'll make the environments more lively, interactive and most importantly destructive. That's pretty much what I expect from most upcoming FPS' if they drop you down into a vast environment as opposed to claustrophobic corridors.

mckmas8808 said:
TimeShift_071.jpg
Actually the rain looks pretty crappy. Is it just some shader or something?
Aside from that, how is this game gonna be different from all the other generic FPS?

Salazar

FPS is a genre. Games that you call FPS are of necessity 'generic' to some degree.
Developers have finite reserves of inventiveness and time, especially on games such as Timeshift which are not utterly top-shelf top-priority considerations. In its first incarnation, this game would probably have sunk without a trace and deserved to do so. It's been rebuilt - it stands out a darned sight more than it did - I think it deserves a break. If it's representative of the down-the-line FPS propositions we're going to get this generation, I really don't mind.

I thought Australia was the driest inhabited continent on earth, but the actual driest continent on earth is antarctica?

rs7k

I read an interview with the developer, and it seems like they really turned things around. That game used to be a laughingstock not too long ago. Let's hope it's as gritty as it looks.

before the game was on PC. They released a demo, it was ok imo. Dunno if it ever came out.

Saw it on xplay, it looks pretty good in motion

Top Bottom