• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TLoU MP Maps Free on PS3 and PS4

They teased the 2 maps when Remastered released:

14523617317_657a2788de_z.jpg

14709772162_775fae4d7e_z.jpg

The beach one looks like it'll be a lot of fun. Can't wait.

it's nice to see new maps but it sounds like the only reason they're free is because of some matchmaking issues? so, if the game was running sooth out of the gate they would cost money?

I think the better excuse would be that they listened to the community and decided to keep the player-base together.

MavFan619

Banned
I bugged ND twice on twitter to keep the maps free, taking all credit :p Good move I've killed enough people with free guns to not be bothered by the dlc weapons as much but the maps being free the right thing to do.

GQman2121

Banned
Great decision. Release maps for free to keep people playing and continue making vanity items that cost money. That's the right way to do things. I look forward to checking out the new maps.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
it's nice to see new maps but it sounds like the only reason they're free is because of some matchmaking issues? so, if the game was running sooth out of the gate they would cost money?

I think the better excuse would be that they listened to the community and decided to keep the player-base together.
My guess is they couldn't say that since the other maps on PS3 are still paid.

cakefoo

The next 2 maps being free serves as an apology for the matchmaking issue(s). They have no plans to release future maps for free. Reading is cool.

Oscar

Beach map looks interesting, definitely a huge change of scenery from the rest.

Hopefully its decent, and not a campfest like Lakeside.

AlphaK

This should be standard across all MP games.

Maps should be free. Make money off of weapon skins, cosmetic items, emblems, xp booster packs, etc.

Reule

Just posting what I wrote from the other thread. Great news.

That's great. Hopefully any future maps after will be free too. Sort of hope there aren't trophies tied to the new maps. Not planning on ever going back to the PS3 version to play on there.

I will buy a hat bundle in appreciation for this gesture. :p

hesido

If the maps will be a universal patch download (everyone automatically receiving it), I might translate this as: We haven't fixed matchmaking completely and we don't want to screw it up further by segmenting the userbase by adding new variables to the somewhat broken matchmaking libraries.

Yes, it's a good-will gesture indeed, but maybe there's more to it than just that!

I've had it explained to me multiple times but I still don't understand it.

I don't understand it, and I don't like it. Even in urban dictionary, it's definitions are ALL over the place, from one end on the negative spectrum to the highest positive. And it throws my non-native English so badly each time I read it, it doesn't flow well in my linguistic center of mah brain. Damn "based", seriously.

Smidget

Are there more new weapons for purchase? I see for $0.99 each but no bundle for next Tuesday?

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Burst Rifle
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Weapons|Released Aug 26, 2014

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Fully-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Scoped Semi-Auto Rifle

The Last Of Us™ - Variable Rifle

EL CUCO

Are there more new weapons for purchase? I see for $0.99 each but no bundle for next Tuesday?

Sigh. This is going to force me to start playing another game :(

Korten

Banned

... Are they seriously selling scoped weapons for the ones we already own. FFS, just give to us, we already bought your damn game.

catmario

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love free maps!

Top Bottom