• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TOS makes some Vita apps and games unusable (PSN login problems).

RpgN

Maybe it's maintenance?

Hopefully.

Change your password, login with your new info and you should be able to accept it without any issues. That's what worked for me.

On the vita right? I changed the password, went to paint park, still the same error. I changed it back to how it was and it's still the same. Only difference is that it went straight to TOS without having to confirm log-in details the first time.

:(

It looks like I might have to call their helpline tomorrow?

Timurse

Banned
Gladly I had seen this thread BEFORE updating my Vita so that I was prepared ;) Thanks, GAF (you saved my nerve-cells).

killatopak

Anybody reads these TOSs?

I'll try to read it. Hopefully the Vita is still supported once I'm done.

Bye guys wish me luck.

RpgN

Here's some update,

I called Sony 3 times. First time, one person said to restore my vita to factory settings. I did that, no luck. Second time they asked more questions about the problem and told me to send pictures of the error codes through email because it's a problem they haven't dealt with before. I sent email and called back like they said, a third person tells me the previous person that helped me will look at the problem and he will send me a reply through email today.

Sigh...they're really nice people to talk to and they have been trying. I seem to be in a shitty situation that hardly anyone seems to have once they accept TOS. Not me.

What's odd is that sometimes it lets me online for a second and then kicks me out again very rarely. I also have no problem signing on this account through my PS3. I accepted the TOS, activated and deactivated the account on the vita and restored settings and factory settings.

This shit is infuriating. I can't go to my friends list, check messages or play online matches/check rankings. But I can sign on PSN on the vita through settings only and I can access the store as well.

I hate doing the restore settings and losing all my data on the system...

I doubt Sony will truly be able to help. I seem to be fucked until Sony does something about it through a firmware update?

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was wondering why I could go to the store on my Vita but not submit scores for The Pinball Arcade.

I was able to accept the TOS by logging in to my account via https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/. I did this via my PC (had to whitelist the site for NoScript) and the TOS was the first thing that popped up after I logged in. Pinball scores are now saving properly.

Gattsu25

Banned
I ran into this problem, as well.

Does NOT fill me with confidence about the PS4

I couldn't sign into PSN on vita
I could sign into PSN on PS3 without issue

Only signing into PSN on PC prompted me with the new TOS and allowed my vita to begin working, again

Gattsu25

Banned
Inception via ign.com:
The issue is based on an update to the PSN Terms of Service (ToS,) which was updated recently as the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) is modified to usher in new features for the upcoming PlayStation 4 (including the Friends List cap increase, which is also being granted to Vita users in addition to PS4 owners.) To use these features, users will need to accept the newly drafted Terms of Service. Unfortunately, a bug in the way this Accept Request link was rolled out to PlayStation Vita is not working properly at this time, and instead, users will see an endless PSN login loop that looks like it is signing in on your PSN ID, but keeps circling back to the login screen.

A NeoGAF thread posted by Nampad about the issue has uncovered several simple solutions to the problem.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/10/system-update-bug-locking-vita-out-of-psn

Shikoro

Here's some update,

I called Sony 3 times. First time, one person said to restore my vita to factory settings. I did that, no luck. Second time they asked more questions about the problem and told me to send pictures of the error codes through email because it's a problem they haven't dealt with before. I sent email and called back like they said, a third person tells me the previous person that helped me will look at the problem and he will send me a reply through email today.

Sigh...they're really nice people to talk to and they have been trying. I seem to be in a shitty situation that hardly anyone seems to have once they accept TOS. Not me.

What's odd is that sometimes it lets me online for a second and then kicks me out again very rarely. I also have no problem signing on this account through my PS3. I accepted the TOS, activated and deactivated the account on the vita and restored settings and factory settings.

This shit is infuriating. I can't go to my friends list, check messages or play online matches/check rankings. But I can sign on PSN on the vita through settings only and I can access the store as well.

I hate doing the restore settings and losing all my data on the system...

I doubt Sony will truly be able to help. I seem to be fucked until Sony does something about it through a firmware update?
Hmm, did it let you accept the TOS in the end and now you're having these issues or?

Have you tried doing something stupid like deleting your access point and opening the friends app (for example) and making it find your access point and connect? Or logging into another account to see if the issue still persists and then going back to your main one? Being forced to redownload stuff after fixing the error is better than not being able to do anything.

Duster

Thanks for this thread.

What a crap way of handling things, there's no way of knowing what is going on from the Vita alone.
Is there technical reason why they can't they just let you accept the new ToS on the Vita itself?

Thanks for this thread.

What a crap way of handling things, there's no way of knowing what is going on from the Vita alone.
Is there technical reason why they can't they just let you accept the new ToS on the Vita itself?

It's likely a glitch. On ps3, usually they will have a pop up when you try to sign in which will prompt the TOU to be agreed to, then it will sign you in. It seems that the prompt isn't loading properly on Vita.

RpgN

Hmm, did it let you accept the TOS in the end and now you're having these issues or?

Have you tried doing something stupid like deleting your access point and opening the friends app (for example) and making it find your access point and connect? Or logging into another account to see if the issue still persists and then going back to your main one? Being forced to redownload stuff after fixing the error is better than not being able to do anything.

Not on the vita.

The first thing I did was accept the terms on a pc, but it didn't fix the problem like with others. So yeah, I accepted the terms and still have these issues.

I haven't tried those ideas, I'll give them a try. Thank you for your suggestions :(

Yopis

Crazy this happened. Updated the other day after accepting new TOS on sen website all is well. Trying from Vita though never worked.

RpgN

When I accepted the terms on the PC, I also did it with all my other accounts. What was odd, was that the Japanese account didn't have any terms to agree to. Now I've switched accounts on the vita and the Japanese account works fine. I might as well try some demos while I'm there.

Next I'll try another account, this one is from EU but it's used as a PS3 account. This might cause problems just like my vita account.

EDIT

And the DL speed is shitty with those demos on the Japanese account.

RpgN

Another update.

Changing accounts didn't fix the problem.

HOWEVER,

I decided to keep connecting through different games and apps. And then Uncharted Fight for Fortune gave some results after trying for the billionth time. The terms and services came up finally and I accepted it the first time. I thought this would solve everything. But the problem was still here. I tried connecting to Uncharted and accepted the terms a second time. This time, I get a different message every single time when I'm trying to connect online: Could not connect to the server or device. (NW-2465-7).

I searched on google and seen that some people configured their router manually, I tried doing the same and it didn't work.

Somebody help :(

EDIT:

The account is fixed, somehow it fixed itself after changing the password and email address. I noticed after a couple of hours.

Top Bottom