• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata screens

Jonnyram

Sorry, she was begging for it. I couldn't help myself.

trustybellzn2.jpg

icecream

Public Health Threat
GhaleonEB said:
Holy shit at the second batch - the art style is GORGEOUS. Want.

Tell me it's coming to the US this year?
With all luck, summer, following the Japanese release.

EDIT: Now that's a cover :p

Damn, look at those next-gen baguettes!

I have a feeling this is gonna be a good one. It releases in June in JPN right?
Thanks for the truckload of screens Blim.

unomas

Banned
graphically it looks great, next gen is definitely here with this and other great looking titles. However, I'm still not buying it when it comes out. This game might end up like Viva in the states.

Flo_Evans

Gigglepoo said:
It should be "any way." :D

There is no easy way to play X360 games from Japan on an American system. However, this is coming to America at some point in the not so distant future. It's more fun to play in English anyway, right?

To be honest I can already tell the plot from the screens, there is a boy, a girl, and an old professor. Just a guess but they are probably going to have to save the world from some evil force or possibly even a meteor.

edit: and yeah look at that cover. Powerfull crystals with ancient magic sealed inside. US cover will probably blow :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Flo_Evans said:
To be honest I can already tell the plot from the screens, there is a boy, a girl, and an old professor. Just a guess but they are probably going to have to save the world from some evil force or possibly even a meteor.

The 17 of October of 1849, Frederic Chopin, a well-known composer of piano, died by disease to the early age of 39 years. Three hours before it happened this tragedy, in the world that proposes Namco-Bandai to us in its new RPG for Xbox 360, it is related that, while Chopin was in the hospital, it saw something that seemed a dream.
TrustyBell

In the dream, as much the landscape as the people seemed removed from a story. In that world there was people with incurables diseases, but, also, with magical powers. It is there where Chopin is with Polka, a girl with incredible powers who resides with her mother in the village of Tenuto.Because of a disease, the death of Polka is close and people do not want nor to touch it because they think that they will become infected. Therefore, Polka does not enjoy too much popularity. Trusty Bell: Chopin Yume is not the history of Chopin, Polka and Allegretto. This last one is a boy of 16 years who robs to eat and lives only for a reason: to help Polka.
http://www.trustybell.net/?page_id=4

SPEA

damnnn. not personally into jrpgs but every time i see this game it just wows me. so damn nice looking

Flo_Evans

Blimblim said:
The 17 of October of 1849, Frederic Chopin, a well-known composer of piano, died by disease to the early age of 39 years. Three hours before it happened this tragedy, in the world that proposes Namco-Bandai to us in its new RPG for Xbox 360, it is related that, while Chopin was in the hospital, it saw something that seemed a dream.
TrustyBell

In the dream, as much the landscape as the people seemed removed from a story. In that world there was people with incurables diseases, but, also, with magical powers. It is there where Chopin is with Polka, a girl with incredible powers who resides with her mother in the village of Tenuto.Because of a disease, the death of Polka is close and people do not want nor to touch it because they think that they will become infected. Therefore, Polka does not enjoy too much popularity. Trusty Bell: Chopin Yume is not the history of Chopin, Polka and Allegretto. This last one is a boy of 16 years who robs to eat and lives only for a reason: to help Polka.

jeez don't let the english teachers see this!

That actually sounds awsome! I think I will wait for the english.

but if I am reading this garble right:

The game still does not have date of launching in Japan, but we hope that, if does not have thought to publish it, it does not include regional code at least so that it can be mattered.

they are trying to get the namco not to region code it?

I honestly think this has the best anime graphics ever conceived on any console. Amazing.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Playing this at TGS, it was certainly one of the most fun titles to grace my fingertips but it was, quite conversely, one of the ugliest (from a technical standpoint). The aesthetic art and character design magnifies the game's demeanor and sets the mood for what's to come.

Art aside, the game looked horrible (once again, technically) compared to its brethren....like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. And its certainly no Okami when discussing the game's artistic decisions, but it is definitely pleasing to the eye.

However, from a gameplay perspective, the combat is very well developed and exciting to play. I had a blast playing it and could understand the line it entailed.

EDIT: What I was meaning to finally say was that these shots prove otherwise; the game really looks amazing on both fronts: techincally and artistically.

whaaaat the fuuuck? This game looked absolutely breathetaking from the moment I saw the trailer last TGS...

edit: That blond-haired girl is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

Ganondorfo

I just watched the trailer, and I know one thing for sure, I noticed baten kaitos kinda music, so motoi sakuraba is the composer for this game, that's another ost I will be getting then.

Jonnyram

Defuser said:
Me too except she was begging for a PS3 logo instead :D IMO is looks better
Hey a man can dream right?
Yeah a man can dream... look at Chopin. He died in his dream. Sweet dreams :)
Oh, and stop trolling.

JCBossman

Banned
I am DEFINATELY getting this thing, this is why I bought an HDTV for, this is ABSOLUTELY stunning.Not sure if I'm even going to like the game, but I could (almost) care less. I just hope they do a good job of western loacalization, and since MUSIC is the theme, the score must be incredible.

This game has awesome character designs, background art, and cellshading.
This is how cell shading should be done. Not the cheap low detail crap from zelda.
I hope the next zelda looks similar to this.

Acosta

*jawdrops*

Not the cheap low detail crap from zelda.

Cheap? low detail? Taking on count it was one of the most advanced Cel Shaded games from the last generation, I would say "no way". Did you even play it or just looked the screens and decided it was crap?

goldenpp72

isnt namco usually horrible about translating their rpgs? I fear for a game that looks like this :/

Looks amazing though.

madhtr

goldenpp72 said:
isnt namco usually horrible about translating their rpgs? I fear for a game that looks like this :/

Looks amazing though.
I liked their Xenosaga Ep. 3 translation, and that was also a really quick release, so I'm hoping that it will be the same case here.

u_neek said:
OMG, the game is so pretty and reminds me of a mix between Tales and Star Ocean for some reason.
Well, its Tri-Crescendo, all 3 of them (Tales Studio, Tri-Ace, Tri-Crescendo) were Wolfteam members.

Blimblim said:
Enchant Arm was released in Europe, so there is hope for this one :)
Its Namco....going by their other RPGs (Xenosaga, Tales, Baten Kaitos...), we'd need Microsoft to bring this one.

Damn that looks neat. It's just way fun to look at. :D

Ya know, I really wish more next-gen studios were taking the cel shading route, or at least more alternative art styles. The rendering capability they have now can do wonders for stylized aesthetics like this.

Feindflug

Best cel-shading evar! Looks freakin' amazing - Please Namco release this in Europe.

BTW the TGS vid is so awesome - thanks Blim for the pics/trailer. :)

I'm impressed with the music, it's Sakuraba goodness!

Well and then there's the pianist guy. He did a good job too I guess! But I don't think his music is original is it? They be Chopin songs right-o?

Sorry, haven't heard much Chopin. ;o

Trusty Bell looks beautiful. I remember looking at the shots from TGS and thinking the backgrounds were pre-rendered like in Baten Kaitos. I mean, the art direction is amazing.

syllogism

The characters and some of the environments are beautiful, but technically hardly worth all these hyperboles. Blue Dragon and perhaps even Enchant Arms surpass it in that regard.

syllogism said:
The characters and some of the environments are beautiful, but technically hardly worth all these hyperboles. Blue Dragon and perhaps even Enchant Arms surpass it in that regard.
*yawn, so what. The game looks better visually regardless of having a "less impressive" spec sheet.

syllogism

MickeyKnox said:
*yawn, so what. The game looks better visually regardless of having a "less impressive" spec sheet.

Parts of it, sure, but those battle screens especially look awful. I'm surprised if anyone thinks this looks better than Blue Dragon, though.

syllogism said:
Parts of it, sure, but those battle screens especially look awful. I'm surprised if anyone thinks this looks better than Blue Dragon, though.

I generally agree with you, in that technically it's not up there with Blue Dragon, but I think what's really impressing most of us is the visual style and art direction, it's simply breathtaking.

jimbo

Banned
This game is absolutely amazing. Day 1 pre-order. When is this game coming out in Japan? Thanks to the boost the 360 has gotten ever since BD, this game should see respectable sales over there. The 360 needs it too.

Dunpeal

Banned
Blimblim said:
Sooner than later in the US, later, much later, in Europe.

Well i don't care, as long as it's region free, its just that i would think it would be a good idea for this year no? somwhere around the summer? Did MS ever said anything about that?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
jimbo said:
This game is absolutely amazing. Day 1 pre-order. When is this game coming out in Japan? Thanks to the boost the 360 has gotten ever since BD, this game should see respectable sales over there. The 360 needs it too.
June 14 in Japan.

maybe its the art direction...i don't know....but for some reason, I get a "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics" vibe from this!....which is all kinds of wonderful :D

Gftc.jpg

EDIT: now I got the damn theme song stuck in my head!

-Hey, come along and join the fun! It's the time for fairy tales.
Magical kingdoms in the sun. Come along, come along.

-Meet friendly elves and witches too, in the world of fairy tales.
Enchanted castles wait for you. Come along, come along.

-To where life is a fantasy, and every story ends so happily.

-This is the place where dreams come true.
A world of fairy tales for you.

Top Bottom