• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata screens

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Chris Michael said:
I honestly think this has the best anime graphics ever conceived on any console. Amazing.

whaaaat the fuuuck? This game looked absolutely breathetaking from the moment I saw the trailer last TGS...

edit: That blond-haired girl is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

The trailer looked amazing; with its close-ups of the characters and animations, it certainly looked brilliant.

Playing the game was a different story. Did you play it? The game's art was the only aspect holding it above the water, so to speak. Techincally, the game didn't look very appealing -- at least not to my eyes.

As I stated, these pictures seem to prove otherwise, as I see a noticeable improvement over what I saw at TGS

joshschw

I am trying to upload it now, on SendSpace, it may have stalled though since no bar ever popped up. I fixed the audio, almost perfect now.

Neomoto

Looks completely awesome. Too bad some of the battle screens don't look too hot, but then again I haven't seen those locaties in footage. This game interest me far more than everything else coming for x360 as of now, I hope more of this kind of games will be on the platform (because imo it needs them more than games like Halo3 in the broader picture).

DSN2K

someone finally delivered what fable promised.
1099_0030.jpg

field to run through. :lol :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
anotherworld said:
this shot reminds of the old PC games like Kings Quest

Yeah, that shot is amazing looking. The art in this game is truly amazing. Its aesthetic values truly come to life to a degree I've never witnessed.

kevm3

The battle scene graphics are disappointing, but the world graphics look great.

The world graphics look even better in motion. I wonder if I still have that huge video of it somewhere.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
DarknessTear said:
Haha, it shows the guy in the victory screen instead of the girl like in the new trailer so there's a girl voice instead of his voice. :p
Haha, I just watched the beginning to check the audio sync. Funny they changed it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I don't like the character design much but the environments and the cel shading both look fantastic. Hopefully this one makes it to European shores.

bloke

June 14th! Xbox360 is pretty much dead in Japan till then, unless they have some secret releases in May.
dirtmonkey37 said:
As I stated, these pictures seem to prove otherwise, as I see a noticeable improvement over what I saw at TGS
Hm, I don't think it improved that much, TB seem to be very low-poly for nextgen game but they've hidden that fact very well with splendid art direction and good textures work. Still looks as nice as ever of course.

Yeah, this game is definitely easy on the eyes..the backrounds look pretty enough to be inanimate drawings (like old rpgs and Lucasarts point and click adventure games)

1099_0006.jpg

I want a new Monkey Island that looks like this. :lol

Fady K

ethelred said:
I've long said that the instant either this game or Blue Dragon hits the US, that's when I'm getting my 360.

Seeing these new awesome screens makes me wish that day would come a bit faster.

Same here, this RPG looks fantastic.

abacab driver said:
Yeah, this game is definitely easy on the eyes..the backrounds look pretty enough to be inanimate drawings (like old rpgs and Lucasarts point and click adventure games)

1099_0006.jpg

Woah :0 That would be AMAZING. I got the same feeling after looking at that pic too :D Reminded me of the swamp areas of the previous Monkey Island games.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
abacab driver said:

1099_0006.jpg

Holy Cow!

That looks amazing! Man, this is one of the most beautiful games I've seen (aesthetically).

Jonnyram

Final boxart seems to be out:

TVG-X36-0046.jpg

This will be only the second 360 game in my collection that doesn't have the Xbox Live logo on it. Project Sylpheed is the first... also no "Only on 360" logo. Apart from that, my previous guess was pretty close :)

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
This will be only the second 360 game in my collection that doesn't have the Xbox Live logo on it. Project Sylpheed is the first... also no "Only on 360" logo. Apart from that, my previous guess was pretty close :)

There seems to be talk on 2ch about an interview in Famitsu Xbox360, where the developers mentioned that initially the project was code named "Radiata 2" and that they do have multiplatform plans because of business reasons.

Also the Japan preorder bonus for Trusty Bell is going to be a Special Soundtrack DVD.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Why Radiata 2?

Interesting but obvious choice on the multiplatform, if true. So the online logo either means time exclusive, or we can go crazy again and just disregard it forever.

Datrio

So this is the game about Chopin's last days on his deathbed, eh?

I can't imagine something like this could turn out to actually be a good game.

But judging from the screenshots... Prove me wrong, Namco!

b33f

icecream said:
Why Radiata 2?

Interesting but obvious choice on the multiplatform, if true. So the online logo either means time exclusive, or we can go crazy again and just disregard it forever.

Ice-Cream, do you think this game will sell well? :)

btw, I like Chopin's Ballade No.3 In A Flat too :D

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I think it will do well in Japan. I don't think it will surpass Blue Dragon's numbers, which I believe are nearing 140K, but I do believe it will do as good as DOA4 in the long run.

duckroll said:
There seems to be talk on 2ch about an interview in Famitsu Xbox360, where the developers mentioned that initially the project was code named "Radiata 2" and that they do have multiplatform plans because of business reasons.

Did they mean multiplatform plans for Trusty Bell or future titles?

bloke

duckroll said:
Actually that was made up by Sony bots in Trusty Bell 2ch thread.

Top Bottom