• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Winning Eleven (PES) Wii movie and website

ksamedi

After playing PES a lot on my PS3 I must admit that I can't wait to try this out. It looks interesting but I'm a little worried about the multiplayer aspect. I can't see how this is going to be played with 4 players with all the arrows and the 2 player game could be ruined because the arrows give away what you intend to do. Anyway, enjoy the new movie.

http://www.konami.jp/we/wepm2008/

duckroll

Graphics are pretty good (especially compared to the subpar next-gen versions so far) and the control scheme does look interesting. I hope it works out and is well implemented, because it'll either be very fun or really hard to play properly.

ksamedi said:
After playing PES a lot on my PS3 I must admit that I can't wait to try this out. It looks interesting but I'm a little worried about the multiplayer aspect. I can't see how this is going to be played with 4 players with all the arrows and the 2 player game could be ruined because the arrows give away what you intend to do. Anyway, enjoy the new movie.

http://www.konami.jp/we/wepm2008/

I think the arrows are meant for first time players of the Franchise and there definitely will be an option to turn it off.

I'm actually quite happy to see this from konami, it seems they do have a team capable of working on the wii.

Game play and graphics looks very very good

ksamedi

norinrad21 said:
I think the arrows are meant for first time players of the Franchise and there definitely will be an option to turn it off.

I'm actually quite happy to see this from konami, it seems they do have a team capable of working on the wii.

Game play and graphics looks very very good

But if you turn of the arrows and stuff youwon't be able to see where you are passing anymore.

Doesn't look too different from what we have seen months before. Gfx seems to have been tweaked a bit.

I think this will be a strictly 1o1 affair locally. Seeing the other guys arrows/pointer isn't really bad since you can order your teammates to do "dummy" runs and thus confuse the other player.

Will be interestingto see how this turns out. I do think that this will a bit too intimidationg for the casual PES fan but hardcore guys may have a field trip. Online will be frustrating for a lot of people seeing the possibilities.

fresquito

Once again, this game looks ace. This video just confirms what the first video showed. Now only hands on can excite me more.

No wonder this is my second mpost anticipated game of the year. Just second to Brawl.

Bossman

I have no problem with the arrows because playing without them would be pretty confusing. Even if you see your opponent's arrows, it won't help you much because you don't always have enough time to react to their moves.

M3d10n

If this works out Konami will be, again, revolutionizing the soccer genre. I can't believe no big developer never attempted this on the PC, where pointing devices are readily available.

RJT

ksamedi said:
But if you turn of the arrows and stuff youwon't be able to see where you are passing anymore.
You don't need the arrows for that, only a target to show where you're pointing. The opponent wouldn't know if/when you pressed the button.

Can't wait for this. I love the concept!

RJT

M3d10n said:
If this works out Konami will be, again, revolutionizing the soccer genre. I can't believe no big developer never attempted this on the PC, where pointing devices are readily available.
I imagine it's because of the lack of a second mouse. Local multiplayer is essential for a football game, at least for me.

ksamedi said:
This one is played with the pointer. The analog is used to control a second player at the same time.

I know but am also assuming Konami will include an option for those of us who would rather play with the classic controller.

ksamedi

norinrad21 said:
I know but am also assuming Konami will include an option for those of us who would rather play with the classic controller.

Somehow I doubt that. This game is built around the pointer.

Keio

For a Finer World
It will be a shock to many casuals when they think they are picking up a basic PES game but end up confronted by a game where they actually have to think more about how a team plays than just controlling one player at a time.

Although it was a shock to many when they picked up this years PES 2008 and the series actually took a step back... :(

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So we're going to see eleven pages of people commending dev's for actually putting effort into Wii games now right?

Bossman

Keio said:
It will be a shock to many casuals when they think they are picking up a basic PES game but end up confronted by a game where they actually have to think more about how a team plays than just controlling one player at a time.

Although it was a shock to many when they picked up this years PES 2008 and the series actually took a step back... :(

I think most casual players are going to pick FIFA.

I love the idea , i will give it a rent for sure.

This is how you play soccer, as a team, passing, looking for others, cutting.... not ballhogging.

shinsnake

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
So we're going to see eleven pages of people commending dev's for actually putting effort into Wii games now right?

I'm guessing this will generate two pages or less of discussion. Thread needs more car vault.

Hope they pull it off. Not just for this game(but alot) but also to show other developers why it can be good to think outside the box alittle.

norinrad21 said:
Yes you can, works perfectly in EA's shitty FIFA games
You don't point to pass in Fifa 08 Wii.

M3d10n said:
Controlling your player's movement via keyboard would be a pain in the ass imo.

Starchasing said:
does this have online???
According to Bo they're testing it already, so yes.

Bo130 said:
[WII] {upcoming} Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - 205 connections
[WII] {upcoming} Mario Kart Wii - 136 connections

dojobanjo

marc^o^ said:
I can't see the video :-(

Why japanese websites always have restrictions to prevent us from downloading their videos ? I can see the video but it works so badly, I can only see some pictures and no animation.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
dojobanjo said:
Why japanese websites always have restrictions to prevent us from downloading their videos ? I can see the video but it works so badly, I can only see some pictures and no animation.
It didn't worked with VLC for me but did fine with windows media player.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't usually play soccer games, but I can see myself getting into this.

Although I can't say the same about my friends that are longtime fans of WE... This will be interesting to discover.

Looks really interesting - I'll probably give it a go - good to see someone actually trying some interesting mechanics using the wiimote instead of the usual waggle stuff.

That looked pretty cool actually, totally want to try it out. Dunno if it could displace PES on PS3, but it looks pretty good for a Wii game as well.

Top Bottom