• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 'X' trailer [Monolithsoft] shows uncut gameplay

Exentryk

Sooo good! No date or name though.

Battle system is based on Xenoblade, but more polished - Takahashi.

Full Direct (X starts around 35 mins) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQg43n2OaM

ibySlyJXp89qqB.bmp

icqC3pUSOwYLQ.bmp

imuzA4PRq3krx.bmp

i9OQjTnW3L3GR.bmp

ibfEOjLVkPX58w.bmp

isl4UhrMGdI1d.bmp

iboXT5qvEb4lFJ.bmp

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
tissues on standby

Edit: Finally able to watch this properly after being stuck with just a phone since last night. 12 hours is a long time to keep a hard on. And yes, tissues were needed!

Combat looks amazing. Flashy animation was the only thing lacking from Xenoblade's combat and it looks to be here in bucket loads. Switching to Gears ( I'm never gonna not call them that ) mid combat is pretty sweet too and totally seamless.

Player portraits look like shit. Hopefully it is just placeholder art or really shitty Youtube compression. Whatever the deal is I hope they don't look like that at release.

On the whole, one step closer to the Wii U sale Ninty. Give me a release date dammit

I was just a bit bummed that it seemed to be a bit overly complex compared to the streamlined Xenoblade combat.

HUGE SUCCESSFUL. Wtf does that mean.

Yondy604

Banned
X looked "good" but not amazing, It sucks it's on the WII-U, it hurts it no doubt.

The mech battles was amazing tho, but the melee combat was bad, it was so choppy.

Yondy604

Banned
X looked "good" but not amazing, It sucks it's on the WII-U, it hurts it no doubt.

The mech battles was amazing tho, but the melee combat was bad, it was so choppy.

espher

Horrible UI, super chaotic, huge succeded, I didn't like what I saw. :(

Bayo 2 however :Q_

Yeah, didn't like the UI, but iirc the early Monado shots had me kind of 'eh' as well... and I was fine w/ the end product.

Mechanics look fine to me though.

VariantX

Looks good, but theres no way in hell people are going to understand what the hell is going on if they haven't touched xenoblade before.

Cmagus

Don't like the look of this at all it looks like its taken a huge downgrade. The combat reminded me very much of PSO.

Asd202

Player 2,3,4. Hmmm. Some kind of online confrimed? I'm starting to worry this game will not feature a big single player story like past Takahashi games.

Smellycat

It was ok. They should have released a trailer instead. And worked behind the scenes to polish the gameplay.

And get rid of those numbers

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, X is gonna be one hell of a timesink this year. After I re-play Fusion for the 101st time, of course.

Effect

The gameplay footage looked great.

- At least two different weapons you can equip and use in combat.
- Jump in and out of the mechs at any time. Out of combat and in the middle of combat.

RedSwirl

For some reason I feel like this is the JRPG we should've gotten in like 2007 or 2008 -- looks like Final Fantasy XII-style gameplay on HD hardware. It still looks great in 2014 though.

I am disappointed. No I have been crushed. My heart......:(

Looks boring, animations are meh, did anyone see that guy run comically fast, battle system is from Xenoblade which I was not a fan of and there are some QTE's as well. The UI also looks like a mess. I though they would improve stuff like that from Xenoblade.

Hype deflated. I feel so defeated.......

Riposte

I found combat in Xenoblade to be kind of interesting. I hope this is pretty exciting. I liked how he just jumped into a mech in the middle of battle. Pretty amusing.

Is the game officially called "X"?

braves01

Banned
"It's just ____ with mechs" is the new thing to say I see.

That said, it does look just like Xenoblade with mechs, and as with Titanfall, that's not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself.

Looking dangerously close to a monster hunter clone mixed with Xenoblades UI there nintendo.

Howsa about you confirm the epic 80+ hour single player story mode so I can stop worrying? Please?

Top Bottom