• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New "Xbox Live Rewards" program going online today

shandy706

Hmmm...it says rewards credited 10/8/14 - 5000

It says 0 on the rewards page. I take it that means that $5 was sent to my account?

Cool :)

I bought the most expensive edition of Horizon 2...so I'm guessing that's where the 5000 points came from?

I have no idea..lol.

Hmmm...Looking at my "transactions" on Xbox.com, I don't show a $5 credit yet this month (since buying FH2). Not sure what is up.

Wizman23

Banned
Anyone else having problems with not getting credit for purchases? I have bought (all digital) Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive deluxe edition, and the MCC and my punchcard is empty :(

Anyone else having problems with not getting credit for purchases? I have bought (all digital) Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive deluxe edition, and the MCC and my punchcard is empty :(

Where did you buy them, there are a bunch of different promotions going on. I bought all 3 games from within the xb1 and I got the 3 punches and the 20,000 reward credits right away. If you bought them online at the xbox.com store they were giving $10 gift cards I believe.

I got my $20 from the punchcard promotion already but I haven't received a cash back bonus from any games since the end of August when I prepurchased Destiny. I'm expecting quite a bit too. I wonder when they add them. Maybe every two months?

H3xum

The program is a joke. I have purchased 3 games in the last few weeks digitally and only have 1 punch. All of them were full price (destiny, mordor, halo).

I questioned it on the forums and the official response was "wait until the promotion is over and then contact us again"

No.

The program is a joke. I have purchased 3 games in the last few weeks digitally and only have 1 punch. All of them were full price (destiny, mordor, halo).

I questioned it on the forums and the official response was "wait until the promotion is over and then contact us again"

No.

Maybe call customer service?

Sydle

I'm trying to figure out why my humble 1250 points/credits are still "pending". I thought the minimum deposit was 1000.

Minimum is 5000. (corrected, can deposit 1000 with a request)

Will purchases before signing up for this program count?

No, you have to be enrolled.

When did you make these purchases? It can take several days before showing up.

Are you enrolled?

Is your account in a participating country and the purchases in that country's store?

Are you making purchases directly from the Xbox Store, or are you using redeemed codes for the game or points?

shandy706

Are you making purchases directly from the Xbox Store, or are you using redeemed codes for the game or points?

Wait.

Does this matter??

My $90+ purchase was from my built up credit...not a 100% off a credit card purchase. Do we get penelaized for that?!

Been a rewards member since 2010

Syrus

Banned
Wait.

Does this matter??

My $90+ purchase was from my built up credit...not a 100% off a credit card purchase. Do we get penelaized for that?!

I bought the three games with pure gamestop giveaway money and I got my punchcard 20$. It doesn't matter what you use to buy

sangreal

I'm sure this has been answered but what does 5,000 points equate to in U.S. dollars?

$5

This program is so convoluted. I still dont know the difference between credits and microsoft points per my statement.

Additionally, my entire library is digital yet i only have 3600 pending. That's $3.60 for $500+ purchases? Gee, thanks

1000 credits = $1; there is no more Microsoft Points

They only started giving credit for Xbox One recently. I feel your pain on that

Ferny

This program is so convoluted. I still dont know the difference between credits and microsoft points per my statement.

Additionally, my entire library is digital yet i only have 3600 pending. That's $3.60 for $500+ purchases? Gee, thanks

Better than $0.00 for $500+ I'd think.

Wizman23

Banned

Are you enrolled?

Is your account in a participating country and the purchases in that country's store?

I bought them all after the promotion started. I am enrolled and bought every one of them off of the XB1 console. I'm in the US

Sydle

Wait.

Does this matter??

I don't think that matters. I earned all three punches buying FH2, Sunset, and Fantasia, where I used $30 in Xbox Rewards credit on Sunset.

It's been suggested that redeemed codes don't count. Was asking just trying to figure it out by identifying how people are getting their games.

I bought them all after the promotion started. I am enrolled and bought every one of them off of the XB1 console. I'm in the US

Sorry to hear that. I would contact Customer Service.

Could you report back and let us know what they say? I think it's safe to say we're all trying to figure out exactly what makes purchases eligible for this program.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

Are you enrolled?

Does this matter? My rewards account is Canadian but I switch to the US store on my Xbox to buy games because I have a credit card with US funds and I don't pay tax. Is this why my purchases aren't showing up on my punch card?

Sydle

Does this matter? My rewards account is Canadian but I switch to the US store on my Xbox to buy games because I have a credit card with US funds and I don't pay tax. Is this why my purchases aren't showing up on my punch card?

Maybe?

Their current T&C's for the 1st Purchase Reward has a couple interesting lines...

Available only to participants making their first cash Xbox Store purchase since joining Xbox Live. This is defined as the purchase of an Xbox Store item using local currency.

Makes me think they're checking the currency used to purchase and the country you have for the account.

Are you going to contact customer service? Would be interested in what you could report back.

MANGOD

Banned
Was there an offer recently through this where if you referred a friend who got an xbox one you would both get points? Or am i dreaming

Yes. It was mentioned over in the InternationalGAF thread that Rewards are based on your Xbox account and will only pay out for purchases made from your region's store.

I got my $20 from the punchcard promotion already but I haven't received a cash back bonus from any games since the end of August when I prepurchased Destiny. I'm expecting quite a bit too. I wonder when they add them. Maybe every two months?

I got my $20 and no additional rewards as well. I was thinking that the $20 was instead of rather than in addition to. I hope you're right. But I did receive a reward payout on October 8 that covered my September purchases.

Was there an offer recently through this where if you referred a friend who got an xbox one you would both get points? Or am i dreaming

that was a thing. I dont remember the exact date, but it was ending a couple or few days before sunset overdrive is released, so it might be over now. Sucks, cus a couple of my friends are getting the SO bundle. Could have really benefited from that promo

ekim

I don't see a discount on the missions page?
This one:
untitled9puxb.png

Ade

Ah right yes, the rebate.

Nope its on everything (except ingame currency and Win8/WP8 apps and subscriptions).

It just takes them for sodding ever to process it, and then when they do it shows up mysteriously back dated. It also tends not to work if you region hop.

ekim

Ah right yes, the rebate.

Nope its on everything (except ingame currency and Win8/WP8 apps and subscriptions).

It just takes them for sodding ever to process it, and then when they do it shows up mysteriously back dated. It also tends not to work if you region hop.

So the rebate will never show up on the store before buying something? I recently bought Alien:Isolation (without changing region) and paid the full price...

Ade

So the rebate will never show up on the store before buying something? I recently bought Alien:Isolation (without changing region) and paid the full price...

Its a rebate, not a discount. It'll never show up on the store.

You spend X to buy something from the store, around 6 weeks later(!) you'll get whatever percentage (based on your level) credited back to your Xbox Live account.

ie, have 5* VIP and Gold, you'll get 10% back. So buy a game for $60, get $6 credited to your MS Bucks wallet some time the next month.

I have all those and I'm on the same boat.

And not only punchcards, my vip status and my rebates doesn't reflect my purchases either.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member

same here and its been 1 week already and no $20 :(

ekim

Its a rebate, not a discount. It'll never show up on the store.

You spend X to buy something from the store, around 6 weeks later(!) you'll get whatever percentage (based on your level) credited back to your Xbox Live account.

ie, have 5* VIP and Gold, you'll get 10% back. So buy a game for $60, get $6 credited to your MS Bucks wallet some time the next month.

I see. So the money in my wallet - where can I see how much it is? And can I use it to partly pay off something and pay the rest from my CC/PayPal?

Ade

I see. So the money in my wallet - where can I see how much it is? And can I use it to partly pay off something and pay the rest from my CC/PayPal?

Yup, it *should* be in your wallet, can take easily 6 weeks to turn up though.

Your wallet should show up as a payment option on your account when you go to buy something, or under billing in the settings page on an Xbox One. You can also see it here: https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub

You can use it to pay part of something with your CC/PayPal funding the rest, yes.

hawk2025

I struggled with where to post this, but this seems like a good a place as any:

I really can't understand what's going on with this Rewards system. I bought SO and MCC from the Microsoft store, and have yet to see any credit to my Rewards account. I also didn't get the $10 giftcard, or even an email recognizing an issue. There is no support chat for the Microsoft store that's not a phone number, and the phone number has no idea what's going on with the Rewards system.

It's a goddamn mess. I should have just bought the games at Amazon like I always do instead of dealing with this.

Ade

So, to reaffirm my above point.

As of today, the 8th of November. The site now says.

31/10/14 - MyVIP Star Level 5 - 27,000 Credits

That's the backdated appearance of my VIP rebate as of the end of October. To make matters more confusing. That's for spending some in September as far as I can work out.

madmackem

Wow so this is bound by currency conversion, so if your in the uk you get about half the value a person in the use gets plus the added bonus of games being even more so you get less back and games cost more. Got £13 back for over 22k points.

Top Bottom