• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

His visaion, hs faul. tD

dontget ttro rrun fof awitjhou t fallout

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today, snap is brkne. Ffac.t. M@aby e (an dpbrobly )() fix fo alaunch
today live conetx andpaty is borknaen. Fac and m..aby e fix bgoror launch.
today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$
not pelfoe who kno se what srong and want to haplep gamrs

CU afte !launh.

Thank you based CBOAT.

And yet some of the best looking games are on PS3. Consequently, Xbone will eventually outshine PS4 in visuals, albeit at a slightly lower resolution.

o_O what are you talking about lol. The best looking games are on PS3 because Sony has Naughty Dog and SSM. Microsoft will never have studios like them, and Xbone is the weaker of the two consoles, therefore your post makes no sense

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Dude, You sign an NDA, then you stick to it. Otherwise, Don't sign any at all. As simple as that.

As a journalist, You will be given the right to see hardware/software which is currently 'in development'. You are given many rights under that contract. You'll be able to talk about the features of the said software but you're not allowed to point to any problems to it unless you're allowed to according to the NDA. because it's "IN DEVELOPMENT" and the consumer will never see that alpha version of the software and/or hardware. Development =/= final build intended for consumer use.

MS and Sony and other publishers as well are allowing the journalists to do their jobs as per the NDA contract. If a journalist is gone rogue, His actions will not hurt himself only. It will hurt the company, the hard working people who spent hours and maybe took an overtime shift to deliver the product and it will hurt the families of the people who were associated with that company and eventually your economy will be hurt as well.

Not a single company on earth would tolerate childish behavior from childish journalists.

Signing NDA's does not really give journalists any right in the end, it is less than a zero sum game unless the only thing you as a journalists care about is ad revenue. It is one more case of throwing yourself to the mercy of the publisher in question which will benevolently tolerate some not too stellar scores maybe, but knows that nobody will go too harshly on previews and hands-on if they do not outright fuel hype for those titles, drive pre-orders up, and then right when the game is shipping in stores are allowed to post maybe negative reviews.

x-Lundz-x

QUICK ROUGH TRANSLATION

Thanks amirox. Downright sad, MS could have built the best gaming box AND media box but they chose to force Kinect down everyone's throats and ruined everything. They had to sacrifice power because of Kinect and still can't get it working, but maybe they can.....eventually.

MS fucked up this console so hard.

Oh, since this lovely gif was made in the other topic ->

Ass+saurus+in+Jurassic+park_6494b6_3846645.gif

THE BUTTOCKS HAS ARRIVED. ASS STORM INCOMING.

Thanks Lovely Salsa for the GIF!

Okay. wtf with that gif, Amir0x LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUICK ROUGH TRANSLATION

Today, Snap is broke. Fact. Maybe (and probably) fix for launch. Today connectivity and party is broken. Fact. And Maybe fix before launch.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be grim in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.
IT'S NOT WORKING. BUT MAYBE FIX BEFORE LAUNCH.

Is cboat sad that game consoles are becoming more than game machines? He seems to miss the days when he blows air on his N64 cartridges to make them work.

Companies look for profit and executives wants money? Is this some che guivera of the gaming industry?

This is ridiculous. :lol

His visaion, hs faul. tD

dontget ttro rrun fof awitjhou t fallout

this isuzses e comes from fascts. ifu wont wantt2 hera what present, cnyt help yu.

f0cus your irea t the people waho made these dcsion w regarrdi!1n harwdawar. whe nmesentger is rigeght uo get mad, but I warn becau zei don't like wht ive sen over last 20 mons.

PLAN nevr not 4 gamers. xbo or ps or wiu. al of us . when direc+ve are aps fest rfisrst, pwoetr s2nond, ths not 34 gamers. whdn questins buot drm/online poicliy are flaote intenraly and disregard 3d

bcuz monetiztn is job one 4e xcs, ths not for game34rs. when u are lid to direct l yy buot featusre, tha n7t for gaemrs. eprderi00d.

today, snap is brkne. Ffac.t. M@aby e (an dpbrobly )() fix fo alaunch
today live conetx andpaty is borknaen. Fac and m..aby e fix bgoror launch.
today

esrm is prbl and tols wil help dwon road. hw wil always be gipm in compsaarson. this w can nev changewtiout new hw. Faact. get mad at whoa ywou shdoul beg etin mad at.

no forusm
no poster$
not pelfoe who kno se what srong and want to haplep gamrs

CU afte !launh.
Hello!

I don't normally get involved with this stuff, but I saw this video and found it somewhat interesting...so I thought I'd share.

And I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it, but it kind of fits since it talks a lot about XBL and PSN (and how they're a big part of all of the problems happening right now). If it belong somewhere else (or more importantly, if it's already been discussed), please remove.

Has anyone seen this and have a comment?

Totally bullshit. He gets even known, published facts that aren't even rumors wrong.

Loudninja

I dont think people realize how little time is left for them to fixed some big issues.

Also wasn't these same issues mention months ago?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Oh, since this lovely gif was made in the other topic ->

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Ass+saurus+in+Jurassic+park_6494b6_3846645.gif[/i mg]

THE BUTTOCKS HAS ARRIVED. ASS STORM INCOMING.

Thanks Lovely Salsa for the GIF![/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C06jAb-e_iU"]CBOAT theme[/URL]

These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.
Bad post. Unrealistic expectations.

Really now.. Then I guess there will be a lot of surprised Xbox One owners on day one, myself included. :)

This is the kind of exaggeration that makes this kind of stuff hard to take serious. That there might be issues at launch? Nobody is surprised by this. But going so far as to say we won't be able to even use it? That we're just buying a $500+ box that we can only stare at, but not use at a reasonably adequate and reliable level? Yea, no...
Good post. Realistic expectations.

Hopefully everything is sorted by spring / summer when I'll pick up my Xbox One.

btkadams

I don't normally get involved with this stuff, but I saw this video and found it somewhat interesting...so I thought I'd share.

And I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it, but it kind of fits since it talks a lot about XBL and PSN (and how they're a big part of all of the problems happening right now). If it belong somewhere else (or more importantly, if it's already been discussed), please remove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h9l5Gb5hE

Basically, what he mentions in order:

1) All information is from "very, very reliable sources" (take that for what you will, but he does sound very sincere - and also mentions that he hopes they are wrong)

2) Both XBL and PSN are having major issues right now (he mentions they are BOTH in shambles) - he mentions specifically that XBL network systems are months away from working correctly

3) Watchdogs delayed because of XBL and PSN network issues

4) The Crew and Driveclub were also delayed because of PSN network issues

5) Smaller rumor that has been overshadowed by other big rumors as of late - if you take part in the PS4 trade up program, you can never trade in the PS3 disc because the PS3 disc is required to play the PS4 upgrade version

- not very damning to me, but he makes it sound like this is new information - and I'm not familiar with it, so I can't say either way

6) Dead Rising 3 removed some key online features in order to keep it as a launch game (due to the previously-mentioned XBL issues)

7) COD Ghosts is 720p on both consoles (despite what's been stated about the PS4 version?) - because the online features of both versions are being gimped due to network infrastructure issues on both PSN and XBL

- this one goes against what we've heard lately specifically about the PS4 version (nothing official has been announced about XB1 version)...and he mentions that his information could be somewhat shaky but is just letting us know what he has heard

8) He has heard from a variety of sources that COD Ghosts on the Wii U will run at native 1080p!...

9) PS4 day one patch is needed to add in some key features, but will also remove a major feature: DRM (just like Xbox One's patch, according to the narrator)...

- Sony never fully announced their DRM intentions due to the backlash that MS received and kept it under wraps (which also happened to be a great marketing opportunity for them)

10) Basically all of the DRM bullshit from earlier this year has completely screwed this launch up for BOTH Sony and MS, and both companies are having major network infrastructure issues to remove the DRM implementations that were baked into their operating systems...

If true, a lot of juicy stuff in here...

As always, all of this "insiders" stuff should be taken with a truckload of salt. He seems genuine about the information he's passing along and mentions that he hopes they are wrong (since basically all of this info sucks ass), for what is worth.

I personally don't know what to make of a few of the rumors.
- Some of them seem very logical (PS4 DRM stuff always seemed likely, and I know no company really cares all that much about us in the end), while a couple seem to go against what we know (COD on PS4 1080p? or 720p? what?).

- We've been hearing a lot of negative stuff out of the Xbox One camp for a while, but it's interesting to hear that the PS4 side of things aren't as shiny as we all suspected.

- Perhaps it's more likely that both sides are having some gigantic issues that they're trying to keep hidden. I do know that I'm probably more confused than ever...

I will say this, though: if having a crappy launch is what it took for both MS and Sony to throw their DRM bullshit out the window, then I'll take it. Gamers should be better off for it in the long run (at least this generation). Software can always be fixed later.

That being said, I'm getting less pumped for the coming generation by the day...can't wait for 2014 when we can go back to just playing and talking about games...
sounds like total bs to me.

if this is true, what is working for microsoft like? It sounds like the management is completely disconnected from engineers.

I don't know anyone working in Microsoft's entertainment and devices division, but from a few friends and acquaintances working elsewhere in the company, Microsoft's a pretty toxic and dysfunctional place to work.

Example: Ballmer made it a requirement that departments/managers fire someone after each review period (the idea being to encourage people to be the best employee in the department).

Not only does this make a lot of employees constantly terrified, it also means that managers deliberately hang on to shitty employees so they can have someone to fire at review time instead of having to let go of someone valuable. If they've got multiple shitty employees, they trade them to other managers/departments for favors so that those managers can save their department from having to someone who knows what they're doing.

If this sounds insane and unreasonable, that's because it is.

ESRam is problem and tools will help down the road. Hardware will always be grim in comparison. This can never change without new hardware. Fact. Get mad at who you should be getting mad at.

Boom...you can't fix a broken design. You have to live with it and work around it. But it will never be better than a system that is well designed. Cerny said they looked at esram and decided against it. This guy has the vision.

Boke1879

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6h9l5Gb5hE

Basically, what he mentions in order:

1) All information is from "very, very reliable sources" (take that for what you will, but he does sound very sincere - and also mentions that he hopes they are wrong)

2) Both XBL and PSN are having major issues right now (he mentions they are BOTH in shambles) - he mentions specifically that XBL network systems are months away from working correctly

3) Watchdogs delayed because of XBL and PSN network issues

4) The Crew and Driveclub were also delayed because of PSN network issues

5) Smaller rumor that has been overshadowed by other big rumors as of late - if you take part in the PS4 trade up program, you can never trade in the PS3 disc because the PS3 disc is required to play the PS4 upgrade version

- not very damning to me, but he makes it sound like this is new information - and I'm not familiar with it, so I can't say either way

6) Dead Rising 3 removed some key online features in order to keep it as a launch game (due to the previously-mentioned XBL issues)

7) COD Ghosts is 720p on both consoles (despite what's been stated about the PS4 version?) - because the online features of both versions are being gimped due to network infrastructure issues on both PSN and XBL

- this one goes against what we've heard lately specifically about the PS4 version (nothing official has been announced about XB1 version)...and he mentions that his information could be somewhat shaky but is just letting us know what he has heard

8) He has heard from a variety of sources that COD Ghosts on the Wii U will run at native 1080p!...

9) PS4 day one patch is needed to add in some key features, but will also remove a major feature: DRM (just like Xbox One's patch, according to the narrator)...

- Sony never fully announced their DRM intentions due to the backlash that MS received and kept it under wraps (which also happened to be a great marketing opportunity for them)

10) Basically all of the DRM bullshit from earlier this year has completely screwed this launch up for BOTH Sony and MS, and both companies are having major network infrastructure issues to remove the DRM implementations that were baked into their operating systems...

If true, a lot of juicy stuff in here...

As always, all of this "insiders" stuff should be taken with a truckload of salt. He seems genuine about the information he's passing along and mentions that he hopes they are wrong (since basically all of this info sucks ass), for what is worth.

I personally don't know what to make of a few of the rumors.
- Some of them seem very logical (PS4 DRM stuff always seemed likely, and I know no company really cares all that much about us in the end), while a couple seem to go against what we know (COD on PS4 1080p? or 720p? what?).

- We've been hearing a lot of negative stuff out of the Xbox One camp for a while, but it's interesting to hear that the PS4 side of things aren't as shiny as we all suspected.

- Perhaps it's more likely that both sides are having some gigantic issues that they're trying to keep hidden. I do know that I'm probably more confused than ever...

I will say this, though: if having a crappy launch is what it took for both MS and Sony to throw their DRM bullshit out the window, then I'll take it. Gamers should be better off for it in the long run (at least this generation). Software can always be fixed later.

That being said, I'm getting less pumped for the coming generation by the day...can't wait for 2014 when we can go back to just playing and talking about games...

Dude that's from ReviewtechUSA. HE literally has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

i-Lo

Newsflash: That's a super old E3 build of Ryse. See the big x button over the head? The new version of the game looks incredibly clean and quite a bit better by comparison.

So, if a game happens to be 900p on the PS4, too, is that also an ESRAM limitation? :p

Forza is 1080p 60fps, Crimson Dragon, I think, is 1080p 60fps. Where's the ESRAM limitation there? So, really, developers all have different objectives, and they will learn more about the system overtime. The strength of the GPU itself and the number of ROPs may have more to do with devs not hitting 1080p more so than the ESRAM being the culprit. The ESRAM may just play an important role in helping developers get over that hump, but that doesn't necessarily also make it the primary culprit, I think. I don't have a major issue with games not being 1080p. I never did. As long as the game looks great, and looks like a game I'll enjoy, I don't have a problem.

If I demanded a specific resolution in all my games, I would do all my gaming exclusively on the PC alone. 1080p seems like it will be common on the PS4, which is something I like and appreciate a lot. It's certainly not a negative to the PS4, but I don't see it as the end of the world for the Xbox One if it's games don't all hit 1080p. The order 1866, one of the most interesting looking PS4 titles announced right now, if not the most interesting, isn't 1080p. Say whatever about it being an artistic choice, about them wanting to go for a specific vision with their game etc. It's still not 1080p, and, surprise, it isn't the end of the world. Rumors imply that BF4 is 900p on the PS4. Who cares? I bet it looks incredible.

This guy speaks the truth. Stop complaining about Xbone. It's got the prettiest and the most interesting games. It is a machine for gamers by designers whose vision revolve around balance. Resolution is only one part of the equation. Framerate dominates everything and Titanfall, CoD, BF, Forza, etc all run at 60fps. In the end, it's not even about framerate but about games and Xbone has that in spades. If devs can toil away on PS3 to produce games as beautiful as Uncharted, TLoU then they can definitely outshine all console competition with only one alleged obstacle.

Elginer

Posting in EPIC thread. CBOAT has spoken TRUTHFACTS for all. FUCKING HELL, what happened at MS? J Allard, you are missed. :(

Asd202

CoD 1080p on WiiU but not on Xbone and PS4? This is such BS.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sometimes Albert blacks out. He wakes up an hour later - his nose is bleeding. NeoGAF is open on the computer. Not again.

"Just who is this buttocks character?" He ponders. "Quick, better fix this mess fast!" he thinks, as he frantically hovers his mouse over "Post New Thread" and gets to work.

Vizzeh

Banned
I actually feel really sorry for cboat, he comes here on his own time, he knows X1 sometimes gets a hard time here (they brought it on themselves) and speaks to us like gamers, he is clearly a gamer the way he speaks, you can tell hes a bit saddened by it all. He puts himself at risk to put the message out. Dont blame the hardware guys or the software guys, BLAME THE EXECUTIVES

Hope he stays safe and can enjoy next GEN with us :)

'His vision, his fault.' = Don Mattrick?

astraycat

These line up with nothing I've heard so far, especially the Sony DRM stuff. That sort of deep DRM requires quite a bit of engineering, and I've never had so much of a whiff of any actual engineering effort of that sort going on.

Prelude.

This guy speaks the truth. Stop complaining about Xbone. It's got the prettiest and the most interesting games. It is a machine for gamers by designers whose vision revolve around balance. Resolution is only one part of the equation. Framerate dominates everything and Titanfall, CoD, BF, Forza, etc all run at 60fps. In the end, it's not even about framerate but about games and Xbone has that in spades. If devs can toil away on PS3 to produce games as beautiful as Uncharted, TLoU then they can definitely outshine all console competition with only one alleged obstacle.
Is this a parody account or something?

it's all bullshit, dude.
It is all bullshit.
Totally bullshit. He gets even known, published facts that aren't even rumors wrong.
Remove this please, we've had a thread locked with this already. He's twitted complete falsehoods and is unreliable.

Thanks for the comments. Yea, I was leaning on the side of thinking it was mostly wrong, too. Just thought it might be interesting. But, I don't want to derail this thread, so I removed the comment.

Remove this please, we've had a thread locked with this already. He's twitted complete falsehoods and is unreliable.
Dude that's from ReviewtechUSA. HE literally has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

Thanks for the comments, I didn't realize this person's reputation was so bad. I had personally never heard of him.

Get this shit out of here. You thought wrong.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom