• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One X Commercial Dropping October 22

I got my 4K TV 3 weeks ago, I've got a backlog of games which are set to get X enhancements, and now I'm just playing the waiting game.

I can see how some would find Xbox touting of power silly, but it makes me excited. The original Xbox was the most powerful console for its time, and the 360 was an incredible machine when it released. It's great to see that Xbox is embracing console power as an important part of their identity again, and I hope this aspect continues with future devices.

Daedardus

Wait, this is a full on-press release for a preview of a trailer? These 'announcements of announcements' are getting out of hand more and more each day.

Fredrik

I got my 4K TV 3 weeks ago, I've got a backlog of games which are set to get X enhancements, and now I'm just playing the waiting game.
Same here, new Sony xe9305 a few weeks ago and I've got plenty of games waiting for the X launch, planned to wait with Forza 7 too but couldn't do it. Planning to buy some UHD blu-rays too before the launch. Anyhow I'm super excited to see this beast flex it's muscles!

Same here, new Sony xe9305 a few weeks ago and I've got plenty of games waiting for the X launch, planned to wait with Forza 7 too but couldn't do it. Planning to buy some UHD blu-rays too before the launch. Anyhow I'm super excited to see this beast flex it's muscles!

I got the Sony x930e which I believe is the same TV (US). Loving it so far.

MilkyJoe

What if I've Felt True Power with my PC?

í
DKP8HKTW4AAQqNC.jpg

Jumeira

Banned

I can see how some would find Xbox touting of power silly, but it makes me excited. The original Xbox was the most powerful console for its time, and the 360 was an incredible machine when it released. It's great to see that Xbox is embracing console power as an important part of their identity again, and I hope this aspect continues with future devices.

Amen! Which is why this thing needs to surpass MS expectations (i think it will) to keep them investing in power. Xbox One was such a punch in the stomach when unveiled, just feels 'right' to have MS go for power once again.

FN-2187

Well the console's aimed at hardcore Xbox fans isn't it?

I'd say it's aimed at console gamers in general as well 4K TV owners.

Who will actually buy it is a different story. I am sure it will largely be already-happy Xbox owners who want a better version of the hardware.

ElfArmy177

Hey cool, ive felt the power too with my gtx 1080 pc, right before I got a driver conflict and it froze. Lucky for me, I can feel the power on my xbox.. without driver conflicts.

On topic, seriously can't wait for this, I've had it pre-ordered since day one and for some reason these teasers always hype me

katsais

Looking forward to it. As long as I don’t see any more of the uncharismatic Xbox executives...I might jump back on the hype train.

Breakage

I'd say it's aimed at console gamers in general as well 4K TV owners.

Who will actually buy it is a different story. I am sure it will largely be already-happy Xbox owners who want a better version of the hardware.

I don't see the average gamer parting with £450 (UK price) for what is really just an uprated version of a 2013 platform. I mean, that's next gen money - One X is still just an Xbox One. Yeah, people will buy it, but it's not gonna light up Xbox sales imo.

That’s only what Spencer and friends have been saying. I’ve never believed them. It is for every new 4K TV owner, as its UHD drive makes it a perfect addition to any 4K TV purchase. The ad is to too see how many of those potential One S customers they can upsell to the One X. I still believe they are trying to jump start the next generation of consoles.

You want a cheap console? The One S is a great choice because it plays UHD discs. Want to upgrade, everything moves with you.

Microsoft is trying to lure three groups to the One X. The Executive Gamers, who will want the most powerful system, XB1 owners with 4K TVs, and former 360 owners that moved to the PS4, but have not bought in to the Pro yet.

They will live with the One X as a premium product, but I think they really hope they can inspire a mass migration and generate a bigger install base than anyone expects.

Of course, what they want and can pull off are two different things.

No it's aimed at console fans in general who love graphics and framerate . Hardcore Xbox fans will probably buy it in general but console fans who missed out on xbox will consider getting one as well. Even ps4 fans who didn't upgrade to the pro will consider one because xbox offers a different variety of games at higher graphical settings.

ch4fx_

What's the over/under on many times they'll say "the best Holiday lineup" combined with "worlds most powerful console"?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm not that surprised but I was chuckle when they tease something as simple as a commercial. I wonder when they tease the Best Buy flyers with an X1X ad?

I'm pretty excited to play Assassins Creed Origins and Forza 7 on launch day on my Scorpio X, but at the same time I have a feeling that in six months my X will be turned on maybe once or twice a month. Hope Microsoft actually follows through with the X and keeps their foot on the games gas pedal, they keep stumbling hard on that.

Weirdly stuff like true 4k (I do have a 4k TV) and anti-aliasing/shaders don't really matter that much to me, I am more excited at using the elite controller, which I prefer to the Dualshock 4.

JoeLT

Nor just that, but going all in with

I hope for them that every single one of the upcoming games on XB1X will be native 4K constantly, or the eggs on their faces will be plenty justified.

#shrug
I certainly hope they’re not all native 4K, what a waste of processing power that could be used elsewhere tbh.

Syrus

Banned

Me too. Just Bought RE 7 and Dishonored 2 for 34$. Got Wolf 2 , AC Origins and Shadow of war ordered

Will do Titanfall 2 campaign , Halo 5 Campaign. Maybe some gears horde. Will play Witcher 3....some.

Will beat Recore with the 1 month gane pass we get

Yup it's the same TV, I love it too, even playing 1080p games looks great on it, can't wait to see some 4K games on it :)

I have the x900e, and I am also surprised at how good 1080p content looks. I wonder if having it pass through the One S is a benefit. The TV recognizes all of my cable TV content as 3840 × 2160 even though most channels are only 720p. The One X has a really good upscaler. Obviously the content is not 4K, but sometimes I admit to doing a double take, thinking that it is as clear as the 4K content I stream.

Just can't wait for the One X.

Severianb

Then you can spend the time you would have spent watching this commercial on downgrading/upgrading drivers, tweaking settings rather than actually playing games and bitching on forums how a software developer hasn't optimized for your particular hardware combination out of the millions out there.

Should be a fun time for you.

spad3

OH BOY THE XBOX ONE X I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE GAM---oh.........well...well then...

I really want to like the thing but there's nothing to play on the system

Akai__

I said next week. Damn it MS. Couldn't you have waited for Monday?
:p

OH BOY THE XBOX ONE X I CAN'T WAIT FOR ALL THE GAM---oh.........well...well then...

I really want to like the thing but there's nothing to play on the system

Yep... No games at all. Like, not even one.*

*Except for the same 3rd Party Games that will release on almost every other platform, but those obviously don't count. Already released Games also don't count.

Feels like I'm reading YouTube comments sometimes.

Severianb

Yep, the OG Xbox destroyed the PS2 specs-wise, The XBox 360 had a better GPU and memory layout than the PS3 so had better looking games. The XB1 is the first Xbox that was "meh" specs-wise.

Xbox may not be the sales leader anytime soon, but at least they have the performance crown back.

Top Bottom