• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York, here i come (advices needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loops

Hi all,

I'm heading for New York in a week for 15 days and wondered if some of the new yorkers could give me some good addresses for hyped and trendy places to go in the evenings.
I'm looking for lounge bars, house/electro clubs, pop-rock clubs and strip clubs. Even some restaurant !

Let me feel the hype !

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
NYC won't be much fun without a girl or a bunch of guy friends you enjoy going to clubs with and etc.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
there are some awesome bars down on Christopher Street. seriously, you'll find hot tail there in no time

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Spirit and Crobar are really good... Spirit has some house, like Danny Tenaglia was there last week... Crobar is more prog/trance... They're both between 10th-11th ave, around 27th-28th street.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Loops said:
thanks for the first tips.

I'm actually going with friends and girls so don't worry :)

Alrighty. If you're over 21, hit a few of these spots:

NuBar -- 33-08 Broadway, Astoria Queens. Very close to the city. I think it's like 3-4 stops out of the city. Definitely check it out. It's a club, bar and lounge.

Club DNA -- 25-22 34th Ave., Astoria Queens. Great club. Two dance halls, one is hip-hop, one is techno/house.

Webster Hall -- 125 E. 11th Street New York City, NY 10003. It's still NYC's hottest club. It's expensive too. Somedays the admission is worth it, somedays it isn't. I suggest checking the club out just to see the hooplah.

If you guys want to go to a nice restaurant and you end up in one of the clubs in Astoria, make sure you check out:

Byzantio -- 28-31 31st St., Astoria Queens. There are three of them in Queens, the other two are bit far from this one. Great place to eat, talk and have a good time.

Enjoy.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
TIPS

1.Always keep and eye on your wallet

2. Do not approach any type of animal..ever. They all have rabies.

3. Thats not a cat, its a rat. Run! Run like the wind And dont look back

Didnt I tell you not to look back. Another rat releated tourist death :(

4. Never stop moving in central park

5. DO NOT MENTION JESUS. EVER

Loops

Thanks for those addresses and tips ;)
if you have other, i'm interested !

I'll stay in a flat in Harlem with a friend who's studying there. No Hotel charge for me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom