• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Alien movie may be titled Awakening. Set between Prometheus and Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...st-four-more-alien-movies-in-the-works-752049

Recently, Scott said he could continue making Alien movies as long as there's an appetite for them, and that the next film is already written. We tried to ask him just how many were on the books now, and we warn you that the following may be a bit spoilery...

"There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] Alien," he said.

We asked Scott what the timeline looked like -- would it be Prometheus, Covenant and then this next movie before we arrive at the events of the original Alien. That's when the answer became a bit foggy as it appears he slips in the title for another movie we haven't seen yet and positions it between Prometheus and Covenant.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant.. fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way...."

Waterston cut in again to stop Scott from spoiling any more information. "You're giving away too much!" she screamed. "But yes, there will be more after this. I think that was the question." To which Scott replied, "If this is successful, and then the next one, and then there will definitely be three more."

Capra

b7pOX75.jpg

Jawmuncher

I want more alien movies.
But damn, i'm getting tired of how it's being handled. Even with scott currently back in the seat. Why would you go in that odd order to begin with.

Anung

Un Rama
This almost sounds like a threat.

"You're getting a Prometheus sequel inbetweeny film and you'll ruddy well like it!"

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
No its not.

I think it is, I had a friend who once debated with me that Prometheus took place simultaneously with Alien. A simple Google search and he would've saw that he was wrong but if that's confusing to him, how would they survive if this guy told the story in a more disjointed order?

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I hope the xenomorphs become an advanced society and apologize to us humans for the havoc their ancestors caused. And we all live out our days in harmony on planet yutani

sn00zer

I rewatched the first Alien again for the first time years with someone who hadnt. That movie is still one of the best in the genre....could use less Alien jazz hands though.

So basically ignore gaping plot holes as a prequel to the sequel will explain it all?

Do you really need 6 movies to explain the genesis of the xenomorph?

Did you ever need to telegraph exactly how they were created to a T?

Some things, like the hatch in lost are better left to the imagination.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So this pretty much means Covenant will a bait movie full of plot holes made purposely to incite viewers to want to know more about what happened between both movies. Should get Lindelof again.

Plum

"Awakening."

So a hapless group of scientists/miners/whatever are going to "awaken" an Alien from some random desolate planet and proceed to run around hallways for the next hour before one of them survives.

Brilliant!

Lothar

Banned
Wait, I thought we were supposed to get a Alien movie set after Aliens that ignores the garbage that came afterwards.

"It will go Prometheus, Awakening, Covenant..

So the film coming out now is a sequel to the one coming out later.

Makes me think there will be so many loose ends and questions (as people look back on Prometheus) in the upcoming Covenant, everyone can just brush everything off with "wait until. . . it will explain everything" whilst giving it 9/10.

This gives them license to do whatever in Covenant and patch things up post-hoc without having to explain shit. Quite clever.

"wait until. . ."™

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Ridley is going to give us Prometheus 1.5 after Prometheus 2? Please make it stop.

Ronin Ray

So movies are getting more like video games. We will just put out dlc for this movie later with another movie that answers all the plot holes. I can't wait for Ridley to start patching his movies why they're in the theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom