• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Alien movie may be titled Awakening. Set between Prometheus and Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The dude is totally fucking up. Ok, I want to know who created the xenomorphs (I guess that's already been spoiled), why (considering who creates xenomorphs, I suppose that's easy to figure out too) but I think the biggest question is how have they been able to proliferate across the universe. Some outside entity has to be spreading them across the universe...maybe the Yautja? I liked the idea that Humans and subsequently Xenomorphs were created by Engineers to combat the Yautja in an ongoing war between the species.

I think if he wanted to do something unique, I'd do a movie based on the Alien: Defiance comic, it's super good. It is the best piece of alien material in the expanded universe in my opinion. It's bits Alien and Aliens, telling a unique story with prominent female and minority characters.

Jedi2016

Dude's got prequels on the brain... now he's down to making movies not for the sake of making that film, but for then going on and making a prequel for it. Someone help this man!

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Wait.

This is a bridge even Ridley won't cross.

It can be handled better than in the AVP films. It would be a sensible reason as to why Engineers had created humans and xenomorphs, as a potential slave force, fighting force and host. We don't have to actually see the conflict but maybe the results of it. But from what I understand
some higher entity created Engineers and Humans
so what I've wanted to see won't come to pass anyway.

Alien: The Pre-se-prequel

I would like to think that Ridley has a plan for this new series but I very much doubt that. It's just going to be a convoluted mess by the end but hey, at least it'd look nice.

rou021

Until Ridley makes newer, shittier, revisionist edits of Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3, I don't think we can compare him to Lucas...yet. Labeling him the new Peter Jackson might be more apropos.

It's also possible Alien: Covenant (and Awakening) could actually be good. Sure, it's a long shot, but there's still a chance.

I'm really hoping they at least try to expand the mythos.

I mean there's tons of Giger artwork out there to draw inspiration from. We could
have a hold thread on his stuff for crying out loud. It's time these designs made it into film.

Of course, and I'm sure the next film will be a midquel set between the events of the previous film. Sure!

Why not wait and see how Covenant is received, before making such plans, Scott? Ridiculous, I know.

rou021

Everyone's so cynical in this thread and missing the silver lining. If Ridley devotes all this time to Alien, he won't be as involved in making a bunch of Blade Runner sequels.

So wait

is he just making the original Prometheus sequel he was talking about for years before it suddenly turned into an Alien film due to Alien 5 talk?

Why. There HAVE to be other ways to tell that story, whatever it is.

Blader

The mythology Ridley is trying to invent out of Alien is pretty insane. It's as if Spielberg wanted to make a prequel to Jaws that focused on the creation of the Earth's oceans.

Wollan

I'm in.
We're past the 'this franchise has to be kept sacred' point and I've been a fan of the universe since elementary school.
If they can deliver outings at ~Prometheus quality (despite very mixed aspects, a far cry from mediocrity) then I will continue to be entertained.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yay. I'm very excited for the sequel to the pre-boot.

This and Terminator haven't had a genuinely good movie in over 25 years. I guess they'll just keep fucking that chicken until they stumble ass backwards into a halfway decent blockbuster again.

HeySeuss

Is covenant a direct sequel to Prometheus though? I thought it wasn't really but I guess I haven't been paying too much attention.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is covenant a direct sequel to Prometheus though? I thought it wasn't really but I guess I haven't been paying too much attention.

Covenant adresses all loose ends from Prometheus and features David, Engineers etc.

TP-DK

Maybe towards the latter end of the series we can get a marvel crossover where the aliens have to fight spider man.

It'll actually be a crossover with Fast and Furious. The Rock and Vin Diesel fighting aliens, in their cars, while in space, for the family. It will be called Two Brothers.

Magwik

Banned
So basically Covenant is a bunch of batshit stuff they have to walk back on later to explain it. Or the power of the FASS is that strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom