• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Death Battle is Android 18 vs Captain Marvel

Slayven

I dunno, y'all. Carol may be boring but she's also really powerful.

I don't think 18 takes this.

Carol firing on all cylinders is cosmic, i never shitted on her power. Just her personity and history.

Well I shitted on the 7th sense, cause it needed it

Maligna

Banned
Le Sigh, Carol is going to own her.

What is Android going to do, blast her?

Not too familiar with Captain Marvel's powers. Can she see things moving faster than the naked eye can usually see?

I mean Raditz could move faster than a normal eye could see and he was fast and strong enough to catch bullets and flick them back with lethal force.

18 is probably literately a billion times stronger than Raditz.

Lulubop

I think I've heard of Binary before. So at her best, Carol is a planet buster without much effort.

Yeah, she never tires. And she should have an energy barrier that can absorb attacks . . .

Are these two characters even capable of hurting each other? Lol. Marvel absorbs different types of energy, and 18 can absorbs energy based attacks lol. I guess it might come down to whether or not Marvel can beat 18 in a fist-fight.

DBZ characters are ass tier when it comes to physical strength, especially against comicbook characters. Goku needed to go SS to move with 40 ton weights. Again, I don't no about Super and it's changed.

Vegeta might not have been bluffing but he's exerting a lot more energy than 2 fingers

zeemumu

this is definitely not canon

Probably not, but planet busting is still a common thing in DBZ. It's not a good measure of power in this case, especially if that takes full binary power. It really shouldn't if binary is cosmic-level though.

PSqueak

Banned
Question: why do people put so much importance on this?

I understand why people like them, but what i don't understand is why they take them for word of god.

zulux21

Let's be honest. 18(and most dbz) characters can wipe the floor with the entire Marvel/DC heroes/villains.

man people are gonna be mad when carol wins easily.

how it will play out.
18 starts off strong, beats up carol a little.
Carol activates energy absorption.
gains power.
easily destroys 18.

I understand why people like them, but what i don't understand is why they take them for word of god.

who takes these seriously?
its juvenile and the creators know it. If you dont like the outcome just write your own fanfiction because it means about as much.

dont say youtube comments

PSqueak

Banned
its juvenile and the creators know it. If you dont like the outcome just write your own fanfiction because it means about as much.

A surprisingly large amount of people, not here tho.

Just fans of the series in general in the wide web.

I don't think Carol can go Binary without being powered up from someone else. Off the top of my head she had Blue Marvel boost her to Binary to fight Thanos. So I'm guessing they will have 18 boost her or something mid battle.

Slayven

Not too familiar with Captain Marvel's powers. Can she see things moving faster than the naked eye can usually see?

I mean Raditz could move faster than a normal eye could see and he was fast and strong enough to catch bullets and flick them back with lethal force.

18 is probably literately a billion times stronger than Raditz.
She has a a danger sense
a7fa593047c5f46327aaf936bb4b32a5._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
Let's be honest. 18(and most dbz) characters can wipe the floor with the entire Marvel/DC heroes/villains.
LOL

Cause somebody on the internet is wrong about people in spandex that can shoot lazers out of their butts. I can not let this stand unchallenged!!!

zulux21

Not really, its just a popularity poll.

eh... they usually have decent reason for why certain characters win, and it isn't just based on popularity.

I imagine 18 is more popular than carol, but carol is going to easily destroy her.

Carol wins, but she doesn't deserve to.

I don't disagree with this lol.

dont say youtube comments

plenty of people.
but really I just watch for the fun as they usually do a decent job of covering a characters strength and weaknesses.

though they also have a habit of pointlessly spoiling stuff.
there was no need to cover late story spoilers during the natsu stuff for example.

FStubbs

I think I've heard of Binary before. So at her best, Carol is a planet buster without much effort.

Yeah, she never tires. And she should have an energy barrier that can absorb attacks . . .

Are these two characters even capable of hurting each other? Lol. Marvel absorbs different types of energy, and 18 can absorbs energy based attacks lol. I guess it might come down to whether or not Marvel can beat 18 in a fist-fight.

18 doesn't absorb energy attacks. You're thinking of 19 and 20.

FStubbs

Attosecond Flash could win the upcoming DB Super Tournament by himself even if everyone in the tournament attacked him at once along with Beerus and all the other Gods of Destruction (assuming they're all about Beerus tier).

Daingurse

DBZ characters are ass tier when it comes to physical strength, especially against comicbook characters. Goku needed to go SS to move with 40 ton weights. Again, I don't no about Super and it's changed.

Vegeta might not have been bluffing but he's exerting a lot more energy than 2 fingers

Yeah, I know that DBZ characters don't have the best physical feats. One of the things that has always bothered me, considering how powerful they are in terms of energy projection.

And the main point of brining up Vegeta being able to bust earth during the Saiyan Saga, is simply how early in the series this occurs. Characters in DBZ became exponentially stronger, to the point that blowing up the planet is something that pretty much all fighters are a capable of doing with little effort. Hell, they have to be careful about how they angle certain attacks so they don't bust the planet lol.

But yeah, I think it's going to be hard for 18 to fight Carol. Her abilities would make it hard for 18 to do any damage.

Sheroking

eh... they usually have decent reason for why certain characters win, and it isn't just based on popularity.

I imagine 18 is more popular than carol, but carol is going to easily destroy her.

Popularity doesn't enter into it at all. They have a bunch of geeks research and they script the fight based on whether or not each others abilities would have much effect.

The stupid thing about doing Dragon Ball Z characters is they all basically have the ability to move FTL and can wipe the planet, so there's always going to be a fanwanking done to have that just be the end-game.

zulux21

I like to think its all in good fun. :p

that is the main reason I watch it. even if the outcome is something I don't agree with it's just a fun waste of 10-20 min.

that being said their death battle xtremes are horrid.

at least with the main death battles they do a decent amount of research their xtremes are just quick things that usually don't make any sense. Especially DBX: Spawn VS Alucard. where they decided
alucard losing his head was enough to kill him >.>

Lulubop

If she's worried about being shot I don't see how she even remotely has a chance against 18.

This is a good point

Yeah, I know that DBZ characters don't have the best physical feats. One of the things that has always bothered me, considering how powerful they are in terms of energy projection.

And the main point of brining up Vegeta being able to bust earth during the Saiyan Saga, is simply how early in the series this occurs. Characters in DBZ became exponentially stronger, to the point that blowing up the planet is something that pretty much all fighters are a capable of doing with little effort. Hell, they have to be careful about how they angle certain attacks so they don't bust the planet lol.

But yeah, I think it's going to be hard for 18 to fight Carol. Her abilities would make it hard for 18 to do any damage.

Yea, the lack of physical feats is really what hurts DBZ characters against Comicbook ones, since physical strength is much more emphasized in comics

Akainu

She has a a danger sense

LOL

Cause somebody on the internet is wrong about people in spandex that can shoot lazers out of their butts. I can not let this stand unchallenged!!!

That reads like a bs power they came up with on the spot. lol

How fast is she hand to hand wise?

plenty of people.
but really I just watch for the fun as they usually do a decent job of covering a characters strength and weaknesses.

though they also have a habit of pointlessly spoiling stuff.
there was no need to cover late story spoilers during the natsu stuff for example.

They kind of butcher character personalities though. Turning them all into murderers feels a lot like an edgy tweenaged fanfiction where their favourite character is da bes.

Daingurse

This is a good point

Yea, the lack of physical feats is really what hurts DBZ characters against Comicbook ones, since physical strength is much more emphasized in comics

This is why I loved Toriko. The characters in that series are incredibly fucking strong physically, and the way feats are done and explained, feels like something out of an American comic.

Lulubop

He's right.

I dare you to find anyone besides Superman who could possibly best Goku

I'm telling you why, DBZ characters just lack physical strength to hang with the higher tier heroes. Characters like Thor and Surfer has the energy projection to much, but much higher strength

This is why I loved Toriko. The characters in that series are incredibly fucking strong physically, and the way feats are done and explained, feels like something out of an American comic.

Can't the main character lift like an absurd amount? Like the weight of 3 planets or something crazy

zulux21

He's right.

I dare you to find anyone besides Superman *Who is bs gary stew* who could possibly best Goku and or Vegeta

uh.......
google dc/marvel characters with reality altering abilities.

the list is decently long.

but uh... the flash could easily take goku.

Flash uses speedforce to go back in time to when goku crash landed.
Flash kills baby goku.
current goku doesn't exist anymore.

>.>

Sheroking

I'm telling you why, DBZ characters just lack physical strength to hang with the higher tier heroes. Characters like Thor and Surfer has the energy projection to much, but much higher strength

From what I could find, Carol Danvers maxes out at 70 tons.

This should be right in the range of 18.

PSqueak

Banned
Even in Dragonball its established if you aren't on your full guard bullets can hit and hurt you despite how fast they must be since the days of Raditz

5660615-2952929514-2Rr4l.gif

https://youtu.be/1fr1a27wjv4?t=150

Aren't bullets like rocks to most aliens, though?

Even before this, there was that scene before the cell games where Goku and Gohan come out of the hyperbolic time chamber and Krillin throws a rock at Goku while he's off guard and Goku is in severe pain explaining precisely that if he's off guard shit hurts.

Even before this, there was that scene before the cell games where Goku and Gohan come out of the hyperbolic time chamber and Krillin throws a rock at Goku while he's off guard and Goku is in severe pain explaining precisely that if he's off guard shit hurts.

that scene was filler

Top Bottom