• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Game in the Trails JRPG Series Currently in Development

Bullet Club

Next Game in the Trails JRPG Series Currently in Development; New Character Art Revealed

Today, during a stage event at the Dengeki PlayStation Game Fes 2019 in Tokyo, Nihon Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo talked about the future of the Trails series.

We hear that the next game in the series is currently in development and that Kondo-san hopes to provide more information starting around June 2019.

We also get to see some concept art showing the first look at Gaius’ younger brother Toma Worzel, Rixia Mao, and Scarlet. You can check them out below.

f36pwGv.jpg

n8aa04w.jpg

At the moment there are no further details about the new game, but those who are excited about the future of the Trails series now have a reason to look forward to the summer.

June 2019 is significant because June 24 marks the fifteenth anniversary of the original Japanese release of the first game of the series The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It’s likely that the celebrations will include a reveal of the upcoming title at some point.

In the meanwhile, if you’re interested in learning more about the series, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel will finally be coming to the west for PS4 on March 26. While Trails of Cold Steel III will also be released for the same platform in the fall. Now we just need to wait for IV, which has already been out for a while in Japan.

Source: Twinfinite

mejin

Is it safe to assume this series has left PC and is now PS4 exclusive?

nope.

playstation is just Falcom main platform to launch their games, but if there is any publisher like xseed to port to pc they won’t mind.

mejin

Right but NISA has the series now.

Which could mean switch has more chances to receive a port than pc IMO.

Xseed really shoot themselves on the foot with all the focus on pc ports, each new game sold less and less and they lost both Trails and Ys to NisA. It's sad NisA doesn't have the talent to localization like Xseed, but at least the games will come in due time and not take billion years to be localized.

KingT731

Just got into the "Legend of Heroes" series and after playing a few of the games I was wondering what took me so long lol. Would love to see ports/remasters of the earlier games in the series.

sublimit

Banned
I'm waiting to see if Xseed will release ToCS IV for PS4 and only then i will begin playing this series. The way they skipped localizing Trails in the Sky the 3rd for PS3 or Vita (even though the previous games were all on Sony platforms) and only released it for PC was unacceptable and it made me very cautious of Xseed.

If they localize ToCS IV for PS4 and i like this series only then i'll start looking into this new one. But until then this series doesn't exist for me.

Last edited:

mejin

I'm waiting to see if Xseed will release ToCS IV for PS4 and only then i will begin playing this series. The way they skipped localizing Trails in the Sky the 3rd for PS3 or Vita (even though the previous games were all on Sony platforms) and only released it for PC was unacceptable and it made me very cautious of Xseed.

If they localize ToCS IV for PS4 and i like this series only then i'll start looking into this new one. But until then this series doesn't exist for me.

Now Falcom is with NisA, so I bet they will bring CS 4 next year.

Xseed ha a great start on pc with Trails in the Sky FC and the result blinded them. They started to focus on pc and got rekt. Each new game sold less and less.

the result came they lost Falcom in the process which is a damn shame.

Top Bottom