• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Ratchet Clank? Maybe after WOLVERINE, Would you like that?

HighPoly

Banned
Is it possible to render something better than Rift Apart, even on the currently PS5 FAT/Slim ??

Or we'll need a PS5 PRO to make another jump?

Do you like the franchise?

Which sequel did you like?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
A fourth new PS5 game while ND is remastering the same IP from a decade ago.
Sadly they're going down the same path with the wokery but at least they're still productive.
I'm just not sure I want it.

[Sigma]

Im a Ratchet fan so I want another of course but I say it's time bring back Resistance after Wolverine. If not try your hand at a new IP and then make another Ratchet.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I mean, I love your enthusiasm for graphics but you don't have to make 20 threads a day.

Come on by. We talk about this stuff all the time.

To your question - I wouldn't mind another R&C game. Rift Apart production was S-tier and I think Insomniac can push the engine even further towards PS5 end of life cycle/

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Fuck. No.

Stop asking for everything to be open world. It’s fucking tiring.
ratchet and clank + open world + different planet + level up and skill /abilities system + customizable weapons + day night cycle + open world quest system

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

Audiophile

Resistance.

I just wanna play Rossmore shotties-only multiplayer on the aircraft carrier deck 24/7 with modern visuals.

..those who know, 'll know.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Nah, theres a lot of entries in the R&C franchise, I think it would be best for Insomniac to give it a rest for a bit, try some new IP’s.
They know how to make fun combat and traversal, I’d build from that.

StueyDuck

Not with infiltrated insomniac at the helm.

Bring back old sensibilities and deliver me anything going commando or a crack in time and im there.

I'd love resistance to come back, but again... infiltrated insomniac, so give that one a skip too, don't need to play as a blind alien who's confused about their gender or something

Last edited:
If they bring back the writers from the Original trilogy and deadlocked, I’m down.

This Disney tier writing is just milquetoast at best

Wonko_C

I'm always up for more R&C, but their next game needs to be playable both in flat and PSVR2. Imsomniac made awesome VR games like Edge of Nowhere and Stormlands, so they already have experience with VR. Whatever they come up with next will be special.

Last edited:
I think Ratchet and Clank is dead. Rift Apart didn't do super well and didn't find a home on PC.

It was this weird follow-up of Into the Nexus after the PS4 Ratchet and Clank remake came out and I don't think that Rift Apart really evolved the franchise in any meaningful way.

I haven't been blown away by an RC game since Crack in Time.

I think outside of Wolverine, they're probably working on some multiplayer Sunset Overdrive sequel in the vein of Fortnite. Maybe we'll get some of the weaponry from Ratchet and Clank and it'll continue in that way. Maybe a character cameo as well, but Ratchet games don't hold much promise for Insomniac anymore. Not at this point. I think we'll see either Sunset Overdrive or Resistance.

Imagine Wolverine is a hit and putting people on Ratchet instead of an X-Men follow-up. That's just a waste of time.

Wtf are you talking about? Ratchet remake on PS4 was insomniacs best selling game ever, until Spider-Man.

He didn't say it was their best selling game, he said it was their most successful game.

My guess is that their actual best selling game is Spyro 1, which sold nearly 5 million copies, but the launch msrp was 50 dollars and the game would have been discounted to 20 dollars for PS1 Greatest Hits a year later.

Ratchet and Clank PS4 launched at 40 dollars but the increase in digital sales and the increase in early sales may have created a significant increase in overall revenue for Sony/Insomniac. The game did drop to 20 dollars relatively early as well though, but again may have been more profitable based on digital sales.

Duchess

Personally, I feel the franchise has run its course. I think they introduced Rivet into the last game, but it needs to rest now.

[Non spoiler]

Also, the plot of Rift Apart has R+C coming out of retirement, sort of implying this was one last ride.

Last edited:

Zuzu

The gameplay of Rift Apart was top tier. Super polished and the shooting mechanics were excellent. But the world and characters have become so vanilla and uninteresting. If they continue writing their stories and characters like this then their games will continue to fall short of true excellence.

Dazraell

Insomniac has several teams working on various projects so if Rift Apart was successful enough I'm sure they will do another one

NahaNago

I'd prefer it if they made the next ratchet and clank game for the ps6. Maybe create a new ip similar to ratchet and clank.

Seider

New Ratchet & Clanck in 2025, 30 fps on Ps5 and 60 fps on Ps5 Pro.

With Unreal Engine 5 Matrix demo quality and graphics level or even better.

First game developed with Ps5 Pro in mind, so players can gain interest in buying the new console or upgrading if they already have a Ps5.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The gameplay of Rift Apart was top tier. Super polished and the shooting mechanics were excellent. But the world and characters have become so vanilla and uninteresting. If they continue writing their stories and characters like this then their games will continue to fall short of true excellence.

Yep. ACIT had great gameplay and visuals, but the story and characters were the absolute worst in the series. So milquetoast, so nice, so progressive and bland ... that emo robot who just wanted a friend, the female space miners, the pregnant dragon, the scary monster that was just misunderstood, Clank who lost an arm but said he felt complete without it (because if he said otherwise it would send the wrong message to disabled children of course) ... It's all so fucking nice, because god forbid someone somewhere of whatever gender would feel left out or offended ...

The only way to salvage Ratchet & Clank is by firing everyone who was involved in the writing, the new characters, didn't object and/or greenlit it. And give whoever's left at Insomniac daily testosterone shots until their balls are visible again.

Robb

Gold Member
I’m not convinced Rift Apart was pushing the Ps5 very much, if at all, in terms of the hardware so I’m sure they’d be able to render something better given time.

I’m not against a new R&C, although I’d rather see them do something new/else. Why not make a new IP that’s also a colorful platformer? Show Nintendo how it’s done (at least in terms of amazing visuals).

Last edited:
Top Bottom