• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Ratchet Clank? Maybe after WOLVERINE, Would you like that?

Quezacolt

ratchet and clank + open world + different planet + level up and skill /abilities system + customizable weapons + day night cycle + open world quest system

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF
Not every game needs or should be open world. I wish this mentality would stop.

EDMIX

fuck wrong wit yall?

Wolverine, Spiderman Venom side game, Spiderman 3

Wolverine 2 launch PS6 title lol

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I love R&C but would prefer they tried something completely new. I'd still buy it day one of it is R&C though.

AmuroChan

I would like to see Insom work on a new IP. Ratchet is great, but I think that IP is better suited to be a launch title for a new system. So I would rather see the next Ratchet to be part of the launch lineup for PS6.

Mowcno

Is it possible to render something better than Rift Apart, even on the currently PS5 FAT/Slim ??
For someone with a Mario 64 profile pic and who recently created a thread saying the Switch 2 was your last chance for gaming you are weirdly obsessed with graphics.

Why does the next Ratchet game need to look better? Rift Apart is an incredible looking game.

I love Ratchet but I don't think we're getting another anytime soon. It took 5 years from the PS4 one and I expect the wait to be at least that long this time. It'll either be one of the final PS5 games or a PS6 launch window title.

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
fuck wrong wit yall?

Wolverine, Spiderman Venom side game, Spiderman 3

Wolverine 2 launch PS6 title lol
listen!

Wolverine and a Spider 2 DLC, then I think we'll get another Ratchet!

Spider Man 3, will be a launching tittle on PS6 !

Audiophile

I really enjoyed Spidey 1, MM was ok, I'll probs pick up Spidey 2 at some point; and I'm intrigued by Wolverine.

Beyond that, I'm concerned Insomniac is just gonna turn into Marvel Games Studio Burbank and forever be caught in a loop of Spidey then a Wolverine/Other Marvel Property, then Spidey again and so on.

I already get the sense they've been spread thin and pushed too hard for the beginning of this generation and I don't see much room for anything else.

The big money for Insomniac is in Marvel. I'd argue Naughty Dog truly hit big and became a much more financially viable studio with an original IP with Uncharted 2 in the PS3 era, for Guerilla Games it was Horizon ZD on PS4, another original IP. Insomniac did okay and were always well regarded, but their long term viability as a first party, heavy hitter didn't really come 'til Spidey on PS4, a non-original IP.

I fear their entire existence is going to be tied with Marvel and pushing new IPs is gonna be a hard sell for them with Sony and possibly even the fanbase.

Last edited:

Caio

Maybe I'm alone about this, but I loved Resistance2, but I understand Sony do not want it anymore, as probably most Playstation fans.

I felt nostalgic, and remembered how much I have enjoyed the Campaign, and how many wow moments.
I would love a Next Gen Resistance, but it will just remain a dream, sadly.

MAtgS

Next game could very well be the finale of the lost lombax race subplot. Just kill Nefarious for good and make it the grand finale of the franchise and move on.

RedC

I really enjoyed Spidey 1, MM was ok, I'll probs pick up Spidey 2 at some point; and I'm intrigued by Wolverine.

Beyond that, I'm concerned Insomniac is just gonna turn into Marvel Games Studio Burbank and forever be caught in a loop of Spidey then a Wolverine/Other Marvel Property, then Spidey again and so on.

I already get the sense they've been spread thin and pushed too hard for the beginning of this generation and I don't see much room for anything else.

The big money for Insomniac is in Marvel. I'd argue Naughty Dog truly hit big and became a much more financially viable studio with an original IP with Uncharted 2 in the PS3 era, for Guerilla Games it was Horizon ZD on PS4, another original IP. Insomniac did okay and were always well regarded, but their long term viability as a first party, heavy hitter didn't really come 'til Spidey on PS4, a non-original IP.

I fear their entire existence is going to be tied with Marvel and pushing new IPs is gonna be a hard sell for them with Sony and possibly even the fanbase.
This concern is likely a very real concern due to the economics around it.

Top Bottom