• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
360 has loads of great exclusives though. And most of the best multiplatform ports.

Looking at the internal teams now, it seems to me Sony have more first party devs. MS has a lot of Kinect devs or smaller devs like Twisted Pixel. Sony used to have a few underperforming devs like Superbot, Zipper and etc which they have let go, while they have expanded their big studios into two teams like Naughty Dog and Guerilla. The only prominent devs MS have are Turn 10, 2 Lionhead teams, Rare, Black Tusk and 343 while they have Crytek contracted to make Ryse. While Sony has 2 Guerilla Games teams, Media Molecule, 2 Naughty Dog teams, 2 Santa Monica teams, Sucker Punch and Polyphony while they have Quantic Dreams and RaD contracted to make a exclusive game each.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Looking at the internal teams now, it seems to me Sony have more first party devs. MS has a lot of Kinect devs or smaller devs like Twisted Pixel. Sony used to have a few underperforming devs like Superbot, Zipper and etc which they have let go, while they have expanded their big studios into two teams like Naughty Dog and Guerilla. The only prominent devs MS have are Turn 10, 2 Lionhead teams, Rare, Black Tusk and 343 while they have Crytek contracted to make Ryse. While Sony has 2 Guerilla Games teams, Media Molecule, 2 Naughty Dog teams, 2 Santa Monica teams, Sucker Punch and Polyphony while they have Quantic Dreams and RaD contracted to make a exclusive game each.

OK, but we're not talking about internal studios, we're talking about games.

360 kept me more than happy this generation. I only bought a PS3 last year.
And that's the thing they won't be able to claim next gen.

Unfortunately no, not if Sony keeps moneyhatting exclusive DLC and the like :(

KAL2006

Banned
OK, but we're not talking about internal studios, we're talking about games.

360 kept me more than happy this generation. I only bought a PS3 last year.

Guess what? internal teams are what makes games, just look at MS output for the past 2 years and Sony's, it's obvious who is coming out with more games these days, its because Sony has more internal developers. However this may not be a big issue for MS if they can get 3rd party exclusives, but again if its just timed or the devs dont stick around to make the sequels exclusive then I won't care. Of course if MS are smart they can have a deal like they had one with Gears.

statham

Enjoy your PS4. Lets us enjoy our Xbox.

I just want to see the next Fight Night or UFC game from EA.

Fight Night Champion is beyond beautiful to this day, I can't imagine next generation.

Sorc3r3r

This so much, why should I care for a couple of teraflops less if the games showing on the console look freaking amazing?

Trying to answer you seriously.
The higher will be the baseline for 3rd party games the better, in the end we will play more external games than in house games.
If the baseline is low, it will hurt everyone, from pc gamers to ps4 gamers and infinity gamers too.
It will hurt, and bottleneck the game development for 5 to 7 years, is it a good thing to you?

In my opinion no,it's a very bad thing for us , gamers.
I hope that Microsoft will show a system as much as power as the sony one, and hoping for even more powerful one.

Fingers crossed.

Guess what? internal teams are what makes games, just look at MS output for the past 2 years and Sony's, it's obvious who is coming out with more games these days, its because Sony has more internal developers. However this may not be a big issue for MS if they can get 3rd party exclusives, but again if its just timed or the devs dont stick around to make the sequels exclusive then I won't care. Of course if MS are smart they can have a deal like they had one with Gears.

Quality > Quantity.

Into

Fight Night Champion is beyond beautiful to this day, I can't imagine next generation.

Fully agree, we need a new next gen Fight Night, i want to see it, FIFA 14 and Madden from EA at this MS event.

Enough time has passed since Champion that i think people will be more interested rather than if it was a yearly sports game. Plus with next gen graphics, i would be all over it.

Unfortunately no, not if Sony keeps moneyhatting exclusive DLC and the like :(

I wasn't even talking about DLC. I'm talking about Digital Foundry face-offs that consistently give the edge to the PS4 version, with differences that will matter to the hardcore.

Those face-offs really helped cement the 360 as the platform of choice for multiplatform games.

wizzbang

Banned

Your avatar made me angry :mad: as it is no doubt meant to!
Man I wish they'd make a sequel that ISN'T on fucking facebook.

chrizzl0r

Neo Member
Did anyone read the latest spec rumours over at IGN?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/latest-new-xbox-leaks-some-old-some-new.453025687/#post-474027579

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/latest-new-xbox-leaks-some-old-some-new.453025687/#post-474036773

there is 12 gbs of ram in the new xbox.
to be precise, there is 4gb gddr5 on the gpu and 8 gb gddr5 on the 8 core ibm custom cpu.
the gpu is the first gcn 2.0 gpu produced and was designed by MS+IBM+AMD.
Eric from IBM will be a speaker on the 21st. gpu spec 4.9 tflops.
I know you all think I'm crazy but tuesday will go down in history as the biggest megaton dropped in gaming history.

;)

These last days are driving everyone crazy. haha.

I wasn't even talking about DLC. I'm talking about Digital Foundry face-offs that consistently give the edge to the PS4 version, with differences that will matter to the hardcore.

Those face-offs really helped cement the 360 as the platform of choice for multiplatform games.
Not really,people still favor ACT,Football etc games on PS3,FPS,Madden etc on 360

Drewfonse

I adore the Fight Night games. Some of my most epic online experiences ever.

The mind boggles at the prospect of a next gen version.

Into

Sounds like satire.

Sounds like a 9 year old wrote it

I never understood why people who take the time to make up such rumors, at least do not copy previous way specs were written and just edit the numbers by increasing them, at least that way it would look like a adult wrote it and seem somewhat legit.

chrizzl0r

Neo Member
Please don't waste people's time with that. People posting stuff like that have no idea how this stuff works, and it's obvious the moment you see their fake specs.

Speculation is just too much fun, we've got to kill time. Still, Eric Mejdrich (who is - according to the lunchtime rumour - supposed to speak on Tuesday) is the Director of SOC Architecture and Principal Architect Xbox. So much thought into spreading rumours, everybody is really creative. I love the hype.

good morning

isQduCfckCZ7H.gif

Choo choo.

Pistolero

Those were the old specifications, as of yesterday to be exact. They've moved to a 7,4 TF card since then, and word is that the number may double before the production starts. Hell, IBM+ATI+MS have introduced a revolutionary fab process thanks to which the TF count increases at each step of the chain, and literrally quadruples once you hook your machine to your TV post...

TheOddOne

Wtf:
i have a friend who is a producer at volition studios who shared this and more with me over lunch.
there is 4gb of gddr5 on the actual gpu. the gpu is 512 bit and isa custom designed based on amd's volcanic islands gpu
line. the one in the xbox is the first gpu with gcn 2 and it is indeed 4.9 tflops.
i dont pretend to be tech savy, im just repeating what i was told. essentially what microsft did was allowed the fake specs to be leaked and made all developers who knew the truth sign nda. the cpu is a custom 8 core ibm power pc and there is no 360 soc included. the shrunk 360 soc is infact going into the 360 mini. the next xbox achieves about 85% BC . there is a special sauce tho. what was being called the oban, does exist but its not called the oban anymore, just advanced micro memory something. im sorry but i didnt understand this part. i was told, that a eric from ibm led a conference call yesterday with some studios to explain to them about the final specs. If the original person who started this thread is not lying, they can confirm what im saying now. btw.... i just remembered, eric from ibm will be a key speaker on tuesday during the video doc about the design and creation of fuzion. im typing this on my phone so sorry for poor grammar and typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom