• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

i have a friend who is a producer at volition studios who shared this and more with me over lunch.

Over lunch? Lol I hope his friend is not under NDA.

I wish these guys would at least try and be realistic.

Kajiba

good morning

isQduCfckCZ7H.gif

This is so good.

Can't wait for tuesday

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
i have a friend who is a producer at volition studios who shared this and more with me over lunch.
there is 4gb of gddr5 on the actual gpu. the gpu is 512 bit and isa custom designed based on amd's volcanic islands gpu
line. the one in the xbox is the first gpu with gcn 2 and it is indeed 4.9 tflops.
i dont pretend to be tech savy, im just repeating what i was told. essentially what microsft did was allowed the fake specs to be leaked and made all developers who knew the truth sign nda. the cpu is a custom 8 core ibm power pc and there is no 360 soc included. the shrunk 360 soc is infact going into the 360 mini. the next xbox achieves about 85% BC . there is a special sauce tho. what was being called the oban, does exist but its not called the oban anymore, just advanced micro memory something. im sorry but i didnt understand this part. i was told, that a eric from ibm led a conference call yesterday with some studios to explain to them about the final specs. If the original person who started this thread is not lying, they can confirm what im saying now. btw.... i just remembered, eric from ibm will be a key speaker on tuesday during the video doc about the design and creation of fuzion. im typing this on my phone so sorry for poor grammar and typos.

Simply glorious if true.

Gemüsepizza;58114476 said:
Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if we will have another traditional console generation, because I somehow doubt that the internet infrastructure will improve that much in the next 6 years so that game streaming is a a viable mass market business model. I wonder what specs a PS5 or Xbox 4 could have... GPU with 12 TFLOPS, 128GB RAM (1TB/s) ... the future will be amazing. ^^

I saw an interview with Sweeney where he was talking about an algorithm that needed 20 teraflops to run efficiently.

Pistolero

Over lunch? Lol I hope his friend is not under NDA.

I wish these guys would at least try and be realistic.

Lunch break or as we call it, NDA break :

- Miam this steak is delicious.
- ...4,9 TF.
- Don't understand...Could you pass me the salt?
- (munch, munch) 12 GB GDDR5.1
- What?...The salt I said...
- We're working on a top secret game, a new RPG with tons of characters set in the world of Narnia.
-Hmmm...Not interested.
- You know the next Xbox console is gonna sell for 200 $. (finishes his plate and stares at his friend).
- Ah, you were talking about the Xbox. So what did they decide to name it?
- Haha...my lips are sealed now. Three letters : N-D-A.

iceatcs

Not really, it was more about cost than anything.
Exactly, it show what Nvidia really are. Big head style. High price, fault specs etc..

Not to mention all those HDMI ports. I wonder if they'll backtrack on any of the features announced in February?

We can't, unless you have see the box.
So far we have DS4 and PS eye, maybe we might see some change of these.

If we talking about Software, I think it is little early cos we didn't see OS.

EagleEyes

Gemüsepizza;58121650 said:
At least Microsoft has improved by (probably) 0.23 TFLOPS compared to the alleged 1 TFLOPS of the Xbox 360. Delicious indeed.
At least its going up instead of down. Much like each companies earnings this generation. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom