• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

Mascot

LTTP I know, and the CSW is undoubtedly better, but my CSR Elite arrived today and it is a thing of absolute engineering beauty. My GT2 genuinely looks and feels like a kid's toy next to it. Can't wait for the Formula rim to arrive now to complete the package.

paskowitz

Anyone here use a Clubsport Shifter SQ? There's a chance I can get one cheap from the US so am a little bit tempted.

If you can get it for a good price I'd say it is worth it. There are better shifters out there, but most of them don't go between sequential and manual modes or are just really expensive. I use sequential mode as an ebrake in DiRT so IMO it is a nice feature to have. Only complaint is the lateral action in manual mode leaves something to be desired. I would have also like a vibration motor since that seems to be Fanatec's thing but whatever.

Mascot

If you can get it for a good price I'd say it is worth it. There are better shifters out there, but most of them don't go between sequential and manual modes or are just really expensive. I use sequential mode as an ebrake in DiRT so IMO it is a nice feature to have. Only complaint is the lateral action in manual mode leaves something to be desired. I would have also like a vibration motor since that seems to be Fanatec's thing but whatever.

Ah, thanks for the feedback. Very useful!

Gustavoh

Neo Member
So what do you guys think at this point: is there still a sliver of hope for G27 support on the PS4 (especially Driveclub) in the near future? Is the whole Immersion patent expiring in November thing still reason to hold out a little longer? Or should I just throw in the towel and go for the T150?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So what do you guys think at this point: is there still a sliver of hope for G27 support on the PS4 (especially Driveclub) in the near future? Is the whole Immersion patent expiring in November thing still reason to hold out a little longer? Or should I just throw in the towel and go for the T150?

Don't hold your breath. Either Get the G29(highly *NOT* recommended) or get one of the shitty dongles.

Or just say fuck it and come to the master race(PC) and never look back ;)

Shaneus

GHG

LTTP I know, and the CSW is undoubtedly better, but my CSR Elite arrived today and it is a thing of absolute engineering beauty. My GT2 genuinely looks and feels like a kid's toy next to it. Can't wait for the Formula rim to arrive now to complete the package.

The CSR Elite is the one that's compatible with all platforms right?

I need a wheel but I refuse to have to chose between whether I support my PS3/4 or Xbox One.

Mascot

The CSR Elite is the one that's compatible with all platforms right?

I need a wheel but I refuse to have to chose between whether I support my PS3/4 or Xbox One.

You're thinking of the very expensive Clubsport Wheel (CSW), and that needs a special rim for Bone usage. My CSRE is compatible with 360, PS3 and PS4 (pCARS so far) but not the cockblocked Bone because reasons (MS are dicks).

Tell you what though, I fucking love this wheel. And even more so with the Formula rim.

GHG

You're thinking of the very expensive Clubsport Wheel (CSW), and that needs a special rim for Bone usage. My CSRE is compatible with 360, PS3 and PS4 (pCARS so far) but not the cockblocked Bone because reasons (MS are dicks).

Tell you what though, I fucking love this wheel. And even more so with the Formula rim.

So you're trying to tell me that if I get the CSW then I need to get a separate rim for use with the Xbox One? And that rim isn't compatible with the PS4/3?

paskowitz

Fanatec is, at present, the only wheel manufacturer that has one wheel base (CSW V2 + XB1 wheel rims) that is compatible with all systems. You will pay over $1,000 for a full set up (base, wheel, pedals, shifter), but IMO you get what you pay for. It is hard to say the CSW V2 is twice as good as a comparable Thrustmaster setup (costs twice as much). Probably not. But it is distinctly better. It is also clearly a couple steps below a true $2,000+ servo wheel. For me, the V2 has been great. I have had terrible experiences with Fanatec "reliability" in the past, but the V2 (and V2 pedals) have been rock solid for over a year, without even a hint of wear.

MGR

Finally some promising news for old Logitech wheel owners!(And yes, this is REAL and TRUE force feedback, not emulated controller rumble).

https://youtu.be/i7vz6dHRpe4

https://youtu.be/Pl0A6FQYIJg

http://blog.gimx.fr/

http://blog.gimx.fr/gimx-5-0/

He's trying to raise funds for Xbox One support as well.

Very interesting.

So it looks like they've been able to circumvent the G29 security chip authentication issue by using a genuine dualshock4 in conjunction with GIMX to fool the PS4 into thinking its still talking to a G29?

I would've though the PS4 would be able to identify through the authentication process that it was in fact talking to a dualshock therefore block any other devices or emulations. But it seems like (at least for now) the dualshock just provides the key to the system then you can emulate any PS4 compatible controller you like (provided somebody has bothered to write the emulation code).

So far:
EMUJOYSTICKPS3: HID joystick emulation, with 16bit stick axes, for PS3
EMUPS3: Sixaxis emulation, for PS3
EMU360: 360 pad emulation, for Xbox 360
EMUPS4: Hori Pad FPS Plus emulation, for PS4 (with touchpad support)
EMUXONE: Xbox One pad emulation, for Xbox One
EMUG29PS4: Logitech G29 gaming wheel emulation, with force feedback support for Logitech wheels (G27, G25, DFGT...)

Still looks like a PITA to use for now but how long until the functionality of the GMIX software is embedded into an external adapter?

desu

Mascot

My CSW V2 does not come with a money printing feature... explain???

Sorry - just saw this!

The wheel came as part of a package with a bunch of stuff I didn't want/need (desk clamp, shifters, shifter mounts, wheel stand, Elite pedals etc etc). I sold off the other bits for more than the overall package originally cost. Ergo: free wheel + cash!

Greenymac

Ove been looking at getting a racing rig going and this thread ( along with many other forums and informative media) has helped me craft the decision on my first setup. Gonna go with the Thrustmaster T300RS with the T3pa Pro Pedals to replace the pedal set that comes with them. Thinking of going without the shifter at first. What would some of the more experienced wheel rig owners suggest? Is the shifter really super necessary or just really nice to have?

Shaneus

That does look legit and sounds like it does what it's supposed to (not seeing the wheel as a controller, but as an actual wheel), but I just checked the price of the official one:
R13ALzM.png

Yikes.

I think we'll see something a lot cheaper soon, but this looks like the start of proper wheel support without needing a PC. An RPi (or even RPi Zero) solution will be the optimum, tiny DIY solution I think.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I posted some questions on their YT page....let's see what people have to say about it. It's intriguing nonetheless

Checked it out, it seems only DC/PCars work properly with it. If I understood it right it will only emulate a controller in Forza 5 MEH!

That doesn't make sense, why would it work with a few games and others not? o_O

Also, playing Battlefront with a mouse and keyboard... got damn.

desu

That doesn't make sense, why would it work with a few games and others not? o_O

Quite honestly, maybe it's just ripping off the work from Matlo (GIMX) who I think was the first person to make FFB available and his stuff is open source ... (and what a surprise he doesn't have native FFB for Xbone either).

Also it might support more games, those games are just listed on the official website of the product as tested.

Might just be a coincidence though, who knows.

isamu

Quite honestly, maybe it's just ripping off the work from Matlo (GIMX) who I think was the first person to make FFB available and his stuff is open source ... (and what a surprise he doesn't have native FFB for Xbone either).

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

z3phon

Thinking about getting an xbox one soon. I already have the T300RS with the pro pedals on the ps4. Is there any possibility to get the wheel working on an xbox one or do I need to buy another set of wheels.

Shaneus

Checked it out, it seems only DC/PCars work properly with it. If I understood it right it will only emulate a controller in Forza 5 MEH!
Yeah, and I think that's only because DC/pCARS are the only PS4 games (currently) that support the G29.

Absolutely, does not surprise me in the slightest. Hoping someone can extract code from these new guys and see if there's any similarities.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*nods*

I still think there's going to be an easy/one-stop way to build this with an RPi, the boards and a case to fit everything in. That they say the box takes 30 seconds to boot up suggests to me that it really is a computer running similar software to GIMX and possibly Linux. A dedicated board shouldn't take that long to boot.

Top Bottom