• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 and 10 available November 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiar_m

In France, off-contract and therefore without a subsidized phone, you can get unlimited calls, SMS / MMS and Internet (up to 2GO and your speed is limited after) for less than 30$ a month.

The same plan, with a phone? 80-100$. I'm never purchasing a phone through a major carrier ever ^^.

And LTE is a non-issue, none of our carriers have it yet (and it's going to cost an eye and a leg).

ektoll

Thanks both!

In France, off-contract and therefore without a subsidized phone, you can get unlimited calls, SMS / MMS and Internet (up to 2GO and your speed is limited after) for less than 30$ a month.

The same plan, with a phone? 80-100$. I'm never purchasing a phone through a major carrier ever ^^.

And LTE is a non-issue, none of our carriers have it yet (and it's going to cost an eye and a leg).

Yes, my contract cost me 16€/month for everything unlimited, so, in one year, with the Nexus 4, I would be paying 491€! :D
As Maiar_m said, it's less that if you buy a contract with a subsidized phone and that's not even the "regular" price of a smartphone. Thanks you based Google.

If you live in the UK Virgin Media do a £12 per month rolling 30 day sim only contract which gives you 150 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data and if you have Virgin home services then they also bundle in free virgin to virgin calls too. Amazing deal for prospective UK Nexus customers. <disclaimer I work for Virgin, I'm not trying to pimp this deal, but it's such great value I thought UK gaffers should know> If I hadn't tied myself into a GS2 contract I'd be setting that up pronto.

And the unlimited parts truly are unlimited, but likely have some form of traffic manangement. Plus, tethering is cool too.

Thanks both!

Yes, my contract cost me 16€/month for everything unlimited, so, in one year, with the Nexus 4, I would be paying 491€! :D
As Maiar_m said, it's less that if you buy a contract with a subsidized phone and that's not even the "regular" price of a smartphone. Thanks you based Google.
Which carrier? Since my contract ends in January, I'm thinking about either Free Mobile or Sosh, but I've heard bad things about Free Mobile's network reliability.

ektoll

Which carrier? Since my contract ends in January, I'm thinking about either Free Mobile or Sosh, but I've heard bad things about Free Mobile's network reliability.

I'm using FreeMobile and I also have a Freebox revolution so that's why I pay 16 instead of 20euros. The network can have some hiccups although I must admit that I never used SFR or Bouygues so I can't compare. Nevertheless, when there are problems, it's mostly due to Orange, Free borrowing some of Orange's relays. Finally if Free didn't come, whe wouldn't have those awesome prices so I would definitely choose them. I also switched my parents contract to the 2euros contract, they're now paying 4e/month instead of 45, for essentially the same thing.

/thread_derail :)

Cyrillus

As someone who has been debating jumping from Virgin Mobile with a Triumph to an AT&T Straight Talk SIM with an unlocked phone, this seems just about perfect. Sure, I'd love more space, and the option of a micro SD slot, but I don't really keep much more than apps and podcasts on my phone right now, so not a huge deal.

I can see how no LTE is a disappointment for many, but for a $300 unlocked phone this is awesome, and with no LTE in my area anyway I'm going to be ecstatic to go from 3G to HSPA+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom