• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

Bombless

Did Week 1 and 2 in one shot tonight : 9 wins 1 loss. Only a single team threw the match and it was a lvl 70+ Korean full team lol. 7 of those games I was teamed with randoms <10 and for the 3 I was paired with a buddy so still plenty of randoms. The games were fun tbh.

Played Zarya most of the time, with two Tyrande games. I love Zarya. She packs a mean punch and with proper support she will wreck any opposition.

Mutant

The cop skin for DVA's mech hides her head. That's the first time I've seen a skin offer an advantage like that.

I guess I'll try for the skin even though I haven't played OW in a while. SixMachine#1693. I'm on at weird hours late at night and I probably will suck but eh, I'll wing it.

SRTtoZ

Was in some brutal QM games earlier. I was playing with an Auriel who didnt even know how to use her trait :/

XaosWolf

The skin is worth it but I actually like HoTS anyways. Mainly because it's not like the other MOBAs. (No shopping/equipment, team EXP bar, no final blows) I never liked the final blow system or "jungling" and playing the same map over and over is not for me at all.

Pity I'm at work because I'd have no problem helping people with their HoTS matches. =)

I'm getting serious Future Cop:LAPD vibes from that D.Va skin.

Exactly the reason why its my favourite skin. God that game was fun. =D
The sirens sound when she boosts too.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's bad enough they tie content to putting considerable time into an entirely separate game, but forcing you to play it with a friend absolutely kills this for me.

I don't have a single friend who could even be suggested a MOBA without possible vomiting on the spot.

Sayad

Man this is torture! How can a game be so boring! Finished this week's challenge for D-Va's skin, not sure if 10 boxes is enough of an incentive for me to play this again.

It's bad enough they tie content to putting considerable time into an entirely separate game, but forcing you to play it with a friend absolutely kills this for me.

I don't have a single friend who could even be suggested a MOBA without possible vomiting on the spot.
Just add randoms from your team as friends then delete them later, best thing about this challenge is that people understand how awful the situation is. ;p

Shahadan

Just add randoms from your team as friends then delete them later, best thing about this challenge is that people understand how awful the situation is. ;p

If they could understand mechanics and objectives instead I'm sure everyone would have a better time

SoulUnison

Banned
Man this is torture! How can a game be so boring! Finished this week's challenge for D-Va's skin, not sure if 10 boxes is enough of an incentive for me to play this again.

Right?

Blizzard seems to think this will cause people to go "Wow, this HOTS thing I've been sleeping on is pretty great!"
But instead I'm just seeing a massive amount of "Wow, no wonder they have to incentivize playing this. It's boring as shit."

fr0st

Banned
How do I fix the authentication module thing

I followed the steps that blizzard gives but none of them worked

Can't play because of it

roytheone

I'm glad that I'm at an MMR that doesn't have to deal with people throwing games to get skins.

I see a lot of people complaining about this, and it's just such a shitty thing to do. You make the game awful for long-time HotS players at that MMR, you make a terrible first impression for other new players, and you waste everybody's time.

And don't blame the event either. You don't need your damn Overwatch skin. Just stick to games you enjoy.

I am not going to actively throw games, but I am also not going to put in extra time learning the game /characters. Will try my best during the games, but will most likely be horrible.

I really want the overwatch rewards but none of my friends play the game, since they are mostly console players :(

If anyone here is interested, you can add me blackgandorf#1443

Clipse

I really want the overwatch rewards but none of my friends play the game, since they are mostly console players :(

If anyone here is interested, you can add me blackgandorf#1443
Type in "/join nexuschallenge" in the chat box to find other players to group up with. Don't forget to add people you group up with to your friends list so you get credit for the rewards.

Azriell

Me and my OW buddy got the Dva and Genji skin a few days ago. It was my first time playing a MOBA (excluding the Battleborn beta), so I was pretty confused for the first few matches, but I found HotS to be really fun. Made me wonder why nobody has ever made top-down MOBA for console, with 1:1 controls like Diablo 3. It's not like HotS really needs that many inputs, or even mouse aiming.

Unfortunately, we'll probably never touch HotS again (my friend only plays console games, and I, myself, don't play a huge number of of PC games). I do think I'll try to get those Dva sprays and 10 loot boxes, though.

Looks like Blizzard's scheme worked. The person I played the Nexus challenge with wants to continue past the DVa skin, and possibly past the challenge. Now I feel some type of dumb obligation to play every now and then, and not let the other person down.

Jacobson

forgot to do this, now i only have less than 2 weeks left lol. i can still get the earlier weeks' rewards as long as i play the correct amount of matches, right?

forgot to do this, now i only have less than 2 weeks left lol. i can still get the earlier weeks' rewards as long as i play the correct amount of matches, right?

You can still get all the rewards even on the last day. The quests to unlock stuff goes in order, and unlocks the next one when you complete the previous. Genji Overwatch skin -> Officer D.va -> D.Va Sprays -> 10 Lootboxes.

Cronen

Is there a pool of GAFfers that are teaming up to play through this event? I want these Overwatch rewards, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a few friends together to play.

data

Wow people are being harsh on this game

I literally fell asleep during a game doing the challenge last week

Seems that still a lot of people dont really "play" that game and just randomly do shit to not get kicked out of the rounds. Almost every round you have some level 10 that runs around getting killed or just attack the walls and stuff like that.

LiK

Zarya makes this game fun. Holy shit. I went from not knowing what I was doing with Jaina to MVP with Zarya.

Yup, I've been playing only her and got MVP in a QP too. She's awesome. I want her Hanamura skin as a result lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hots is more fun than ow at times

we need a Sonya type character in OW... hopefully doomfist comes soon so i can play it again

Fancolors

Is there a pool of GAFfers that are teaming up to play through this event? I want these Overwatch rewards, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a few friends together to play.
You can go to the main chat and type "/join neogaf" to see GAF people who are online. You could also join the nexuschallenge chat and say you are looking for a group for it, just make sure you add people before the match begins.

Indurian

Neo Member
Dumb question here. I recently started playing HOTS and I don't have OW. If I were to pick it up at later date would I be able to claim the rewards from this event or do I need to have OW now?

Dumb question here. I recently started playing HOTS and I don't have OW. If I were to pick it up at later date would I be able to claim the rewards from this event or do I need to have OW now?

Pretty sure you would still get them once you connect OW to your battle.net account.

Top Bottom