• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

LiK

It's not too late to get any of these right? >_>

Edit: I should've just read the last page <_<

Can I forfeit games in HotS to make this go faster?

Sure, just play like shit. You can even die intentionally so you can idle more during the death cooldown. The game will kick you if you're AFK.

Oh boy my Overwatch buddy had a hard time playing vs real players. He's not a PC gamer so controls are an issue to begin with and if you don't know the hero abilities it can be very confusing.

I guess we are going to slog through week 2 and he's never going to play this again...

On a positive note I have been playing a lot of HOTS and been enjoying it a lot, a lot like DotA 2 but I'm way less stressed out.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man, HoTS is really not very fun at all.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep.

After playing lots of Dota, then taking about a year off and trying to do this for the skins and loot boxes its awful. At least the previous event you could do in vs AI matches where you can screw around and go all mid to end quickly. Versus humans you actually have to play the game and that takes forever (despite being quicker than a Dota game it somehow seems infinitely longer).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I know Blizzard will release the Dva skin one day into the regular loot boxes, but is that only for console players? What about the PC players who really don't want to play HOTS?

LiK

I know Blizzard will release the Dva skin one day into the regular loot boxes, but is that only for console players? What about the PC players who really don't want to play HOTS?

I'm sure when he said that he means both platforms in general.

I gonna try out Samuro tonight. I just need to find the Hero that clicks. If he plays just a little like Wukong then I can see myself dumping hours into this. Sylvanas is ok but I don't fully understand half of her abilities.

KarmaCow

I wonder if Blizzard thinks this was a good idea. In my five games this week it was pretty much a shit show of people throwing games either immediately or when the other team built a tiny lead. HotS already felt pretty shit to play, this seemingly made it worse.

exfatal

Been trying to have some games with with a friend of mine, but no luck. Anyone wanna add me so we can get those skins? I'm 1 away from the genji skin want the d.va skin, but dont really wanna throw matches wanna give this game a fair shake. buuutt if it comes to it i will throw matches if i cant find anyone who actually wants to play.
EdgeWilder #1959

I wonder if Blizzard thinks this was a good idea. In my five games this week it was pretty much a shit show of people throwing games either immediately or when the other team built a tiny lead. HotS already felt pretty shit to play, this seemingly made it worse.

For the people who play it nonstop this must be a buffet of slaughter with how much new people it's attracting.

Moonkeis

Been trying to have some games with with a friend of mine, but no luck. Anyone wanna add me so we can get those skins? I'm 1 away from the genji skin want the d.va skin, but dont really wanna throw matches wanna give this game a fair shake. buuutt if it comes to it i will throw matches if i cant find anyone who actually wants to play.
EdgeWilder #1959

Just jump on the "Newbie" channel and ask people for a group and friend them. I did that last night and was able to finish the challenge pretty quickly.

LordofPwn

would like to do this after work today, would also like to get a full group so we can all suck together and not have to have a teammate, that actually cares, to deal with us.

EdgeWilder #1959

Try joining the NeoGaf channel, I've been seeing more people in there.

Seiru

Banned
I'm glad that I'm at an MMR that doesn't have to deal with people throwing games to get skins.

I see a lot of people complaining about this, and it's just such a shitty thing to do. You make the game awful for long-time HotS players at that MMR, you make a terrible first impression for other new players, and you waste everybody's time.

And don't blame the event either. You don't need your damn Overwatch skin. Just stick to games you enjoy.

I'm glad that I'm at an MMR that doesn't have to deal with people throwing games to get skins.

I see a lot of people complaining about this, and it's just such a shitty thing to do. You make the game awful for long-time HotS players at that MMR, you make a terrible first impression for other new players, and you waste everybody's time.

And don't blame the event either. You don't need your damn Overwatch skin. Just stick to games you enjoy.

Im off to throw 10 more games because of this post

zashga

I've been surprised how much fun I had revisiting HotS this week. A lot of that is probably because of the big bundle of heroes they gave out (and finding one, Johanna, that I really like). It's been a while since I played any moba, so that probably also contributes to the fun. Even the players are less horrible in this game this week. The worst behavior I've seen has been extremely mild compared to the venom you get in LoL or Dota 2.

On the down side, loot boxes are pretty lame; possibly my least favorite loot system yet. Dunno why Blizzard thought all-common boxes were a good idea.

Mutant

I really hate all the different map gimmicks that changes the rule set. Everytime a new map appears the beginners have to be brought up to speed on how to play each map. I appreciate the creativity, but if they wanted to draw in more players why change the rules so many times? There's a reason why other MOBAs find success with just a map or two, the majority of the complexity of MOBAs lie in the hero mechanics and the dynamics of the fights, not the damn maps.

I was going to hate on Heroes of the Storm but somehow it sorta clicked for me in my last two games for the Genji skin. I don't see this as a game that I can play for a long time but it isn't so bad once you get used to things.

Shouta

Got my D.va skin last night. Gonna continue doing the challenges to get the other rewards, heh like I did with the Genji skin awhile back.

I have way more fun in HOTS than I do LoL or DOTA2. Shifting some the tactics and strategy balance towards strategy helps so much and having map variety is great.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I really hate all the different map gimmicks that changes the rule set. Everytime a new map appears the beginners have to be brought up to speed on how to play each map. I appreciate the creativity, but if they wanted to draw in more players why change the rules so many times? There's a reason why other MOBAs find success with just a map or two.
That's the reaosn why i stopped playing other MOBA's

Shouta

HOTS is fun because of the map variety. It adds so much to the game on top of the hero mechanics and fights. Hanamura with a character like Probius is immensely interesting because of how the fights turn out and the strategies you can implore. Do I push the forts for the extra shot from payloads? Do I setup along payload paths to ambush the enemy team? etc.

rikichi

Oh man, I need that dva skin! If anyone would be so kind to help me out in getting her, you can add me robotwizard#138231 I don't have any friends on this game haha

Zackat

HOTS is fun because of the map variety. It adds so much to the game on top of the hero mechanics and fights. Hanamura with a character like Probius is immensely interesting because of how the fights turn out and the strategies you can implore. Do I push the forts for the extra shot from payloads? Do I setup along payload paths to ambush the enemy team? etc.

all the merc camps on that map are really neat as well. I like how they made them do something other than going down the lanes.

Fancolors

For the people who play it nonstop this must be a buffet of slaughter with how much new people it's attracting.
Not really for most people. The game matches you with people of similar MMR, so anyone very experienced is unlikely to be matched with new people.

Heroes of the storm is... meh, i'm only having fun with it because i'm playing with 3 or so friends at a time but as a game itself i'm not finding it that great, i've never played dota or league so can't compare to anything like that.

If this was more like that Hi Res moba, I'd have more fun. But as it stands, this is more annoying than anything.

Need that D.Va though.

kirblar

I really hate all the different map gimmicks that changes the rule set. Everytime a new map appears the beginners have to be brought up to speed on how to play each map. I appreciate the creativity, but if they wanted to draw in more players why change the rules so many times? There's a reason why other MOBAs find success with just a map or two, the majority of the complexity of MOBAs lie in the hero mechanics and the dynamics of the fights, not the damn maps.
They definitely have too many maps in the pool, and the lack of rotation's been an issue for a long time.

I actually had one fun game that made me give hope to the game from week 2.

2 games was a steam roll, the other team knew they lost and they just fed and ran into towers. 2 other games was just meh, both teams just dying. The 5th I had fun on tower of doom because we thought we clearly won and the other team would give up when we had 20 to 9? and they still fought back and wiped us and almost evened the score so we got desparate and went to gank mode. I see that as what Blizzard reason for force grouping people.

I wonder if they try to force PvP for the next event. Seems like a ton of current players are mad because people are just throwing games for the challenge.

Top Bottom