• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch x Heroes event): D.Va, Genji skins, 10 lootboxes, more

Unless 2.0 changed something new players won't be matched with experienced HotS players so this won't be an issue.

Sure, but doesn't change the fact that everyone is gonna be miserable regardless. The OW players who don't give a shit about HotS are forced to play PvP instead of just playing PvAI and thus are going to skew the games of people who actually do wanna play HotS.

Torokil

God damn Blizzard is doing everything they can to boost HotS. They want that leauge money. At this point I don't think its happening Blizz, but you get points for trying.

It says play 5 games to unlock X content next to each separate game's rewards. Not five games each. Its not unreasonable to assume you could just play Overwatch to just get the Overwatch rewards and vice versa.

"The Nexus Challenge is back and better than ever! Play Heroes of the Storm® with a friend to earn sweet rewards in Overwatch® and Heroes of the Storm."

???

Cels

It says play 5 games to unlock X content next to each separate game's rewards. Not five games each. Its not unreasonable to assume you could just play Overwatch to just get the Overwatch rewards and vice versa.

yes, but the video that has that text you refer to is titled "Heroes of the Storm - Nexus Challenge 2.0"; links to playheroes.com; and is on the heroes of the storm channel, the description on the video links to all heroes stuff...

i don't think there's any real possibility of confusion

Neverfade

"The Nexus Challenge is back and better than ever! Play Heroes of the Storm® with a friend to earn sweet rewards in Overwatch® and Heroes of the Storm."

???

That sentence is no where in the OP, no where in the video that was linked, and no where in the description of the linked video. While there's further links in said description, its not asking too much for the video to simply say that.

Again, not an unreasonable question.

yes, but the video that has that text you refer to is titled "Heroes of the Storm - Nexus Challenge 2.0"; links to playheroes.com; and is on the heroes of the storm channel, the description on the video links to all heroes stuff...

i don't think there's any real possibility of confusion

Obviously there is, because while I found the answer, it certainly took more digging that simply putting it in the OP.

LordofPwn

guess i'm downloading HotS when i get home today. anyone want to be my friend and lose 5 matches as quickly as possible for the next 4 weeks?

As someone who plays Overwatch on console and doesn't have a computer capable of running HoTS, these events bum me out. Oh well I guess...

Swiggins

As someone who plays Overwatch on console and doesn't have a computer capable of running HoTS, these events bum me out. Oh well I guess...

HoTS isn't the hardest game in the world to run, if you have an even moderately new laptop/desktop you can probably run it on low settings with just the intergrated graphics card.

Twookie

guess me and my friend has a new game to play these next 5 weeks
pup.gif

Sölf

It's not like I am playing Overwatch or Heroes, but I want those rewards so it's time to play some more Heroes for a few weeks and then stop playing for the next 3 months.

Also, is that a playable D.Va in HotS? <3

Cels

How long does it take you do a game in Hots? I'm tempted for the dva unlocks.

~20 min on average, the first 5 games can be bot games and those can be a lot faster
but for the last 15 games, which cannot be AI games, you're looking at ~5 hours or so if you want all the rewards. but if you only want the dva skin that's just 10 games in total.

idk i like free stuff but i also don't like playing a game that i would have no other interest in otherwise, especially for ~6 hours or so.

Obviously there is, because while I found the answer, it certainly took more digging that simply putting it in the OP.
oh i see what you meant. you looked at just the pictures in the OP which are screengrabs from the video. out of context i can see what you're saying about those pictures, they could certainly be misleading when they're looked at apart from the video. but, if you clicked through to watch the video, there is no possibility of confusion there.

HoTS isn't the hardest game in the world to run, if you have an even moderately new laptop/desktop you can probably run it on low settings with just the intergrated graphics card.

Hm... I'll have to try it out then. My wife has the "new" Macbook that uses an Intel Core M processor so I wasn't quite sure if that would cut it. I'll have to just install later and see what happens. Free loot boxes are worth it to me!

kiguel182

"Please play Heroes Of The Storm" - blizzard

Seems like too much work, especially since you need a friend. I couldn't get into the game before and I doubt this would change that.

Velikost

Soooo not only did they not include the sick Zarya skin, but they re-offered the Genji, spread this out over 4 weeks, and they don't let you play AI games for 3/4 weeks.

Ehhhhh yeah idk bout this Blizzard...

Fancolors

"Please play Heroes Of The Storm" - blizzard

Seems like too much work, especially since you need a friend. I couldn't get into the game before and I doubt this would change that.
Well, the friend part is easy to solve since you can just announce in the chat you in there for the D.Va skin.

Auctopus

The Nexus Challenge was pretty fun last time. I'll definitely play to get the D.Va skin.

Wish they'd do some Hearthstone Challenges.

Well, the friend part is easy to solve since you can just announce in the chat you in there for the D.Va skin.

Yep, people were pretty cool about it last time and were surprisingly sympathetic to how shit I was at the game.

TimeSage

How is HotS doing? Seeing them bringing characters and skins from OW to attract players is kinda make assume the game isn't doing much.

Strakt

How is HotS doing? Seeing them bringing characters and skins from OW to attract players is kinda make assume the game isn't doing much.

?

Overwatch is part of the blizzard universe and a new IP

HOTS = characters from every blizz game

Wut did i just read

Sölf

I would say they bring characters from Overwatch because it's their newest IP with the fewest heroes in the game at the moment.

Used to play a ton during Alpha. Trickled off because I'm not a moba fan (had nothing to do with this particular game).

Not a big fan of forcing people into QM or above. I'm going to do it for the chests and D.va, but the previous setup of allowing people just plow through A.I. seemed more benefiting to the community.

Oh well.

Top Bottom