• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus Mods removes anti-gay Baldur's Gate 3 mod (Update: Nexus are too far lost in their sauce)

Majormaxxx

i imagine if you make a mod to make a straight relationship into a gay one though they'll physically come to your house and dump truck loads of money on your porch.

definitely not regular woke hypocrisy at work.
No, they will come with a truck with a platform and on the platform there will be men in short-short-shorts and they will twerk

lyan

Disney isnt putting a tagline in the movies written "No white trash".

As I said before, my problem with it is putting the mod in a "No Alphabets" pack. Its like removing black NPCs and putting it in the "No N*" pack.

You really dont see the problem with it? There's no point in discussing if you dont.
While I think it is up to the owners what content they wish to host, may I ask what "problem" does such a mod would actually cause. I don't think people will be turned into racists just because content that pleases racists exists, nor would I as a PoC myself feel any different knowing some bigot made something or not.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's an interesting moral dilemma, sort of. Ok, so the author is a bigot (?), it's still just some digital files on someone else's computer. I can't see how it compares to CP either since this arguably won't drive a harmful demand AFAIK.

You could also say that banning this mod is ironically transphobic.

Edit: Either way, Nexusmods have the right to set their own rules.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If he was going for the opposite approach he could get a job at Netflix!
Nah nah nah. In fact let me quote myself from another thread. Changing history is not ok. Making a bigoted mod pack called No Alphabets and also making a racist mod is not ok. And please do not compare bigotry with creative decisions.

First Ancient Rome is a myth. Now an emperor was trans. What's next?

Reactions: Dis

Flutta

Banned
Does this game even have a Middle East version?

Not sure, but i know Spider man 2 has one. I bet people here created a Saudi account just to play the straight version.

Just sayin…

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I remember when they banned the mod for Spider-man PC that turned the pride flags in the city into US flags. It wasn't even a real mod, it was just enabling the Middle East version of the game, which had those changes. They clearly have a desire to push certain agendas.
That's the rub in all of this. Especially what's going on with current events. :pie_roffles:

Solidus_T

I think gender swap mods are generally okay as some people would like to change the main character of a game or other characters' models. This one is obviously more about the ideology driving the modder who is really pathetic as a person. Irony is not lost on the people saying that the mod offended people, when the very essence of the person who created the mod is that they are a perpetually offended snowflake who is hurt by pronouns, a lesbian relationship, and a black person as a character.

Last edited:

Sinfulgore

I'll never understand the "it's their site they can do whatever they want" type of people. While technically this is true but that doesn't mean people can't discuss the decision that was made or disagree with it. If people just accepted every dumb decision a company made we would still be paying $10 for online passes to play used games online.

Mozzarella

I mean i liked Dame Aylin and Isobel, but if someone wants to fuck around with mods and change shit, who am i to judge them, let them enjoy the game however they want, its their mod, their effort, whatever.
The problem with these takedowns is it usually starts somewhat on a rightful cause, but then down the line it starts to become a hivemind, anything you dont like gets takendown, i dont think its a healthy environment for freedom of expression, its optional, download it, dont download it, i dont care lol.
Besides this whole fiasco just advertised the mod and its alternative sites for them.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
But that's the point of what we're saying. Nexus is a one-stop shop when it comes to mods for the large majority of games. I don't want to scour page 538 of a Knitting forum's thread on Hogwarts Legacy for a mod that changes Dumbledore into a orangutan.

It's going to be alright man. People aren't going to flee Nexus because they banned some racist jerk. The majority of regular, compassionate, functioning human beings don't care.

Majormaxxx

How about this. My idea for a mod should make everyone happy.

A menu with all characters and you simply select which ones you want to be straight and gay etc.

You can gay it up if you want. But you also can make everyone straight or every girl into both girls and guys etc etc.

BTW I'd prefer no sex stuff in games altogether but that's another topic. Like - I didnt much care that Shepard banged that tattooed chick or that this guy on the ship was into dudes.

Guilty_AI

So apparently this mod was made by a woman (+ team) who got the hots over the male guardian's voice, not some "bigoted basement-dwelling far-right dweeb". Had nothing to do with the 'no alphabets' mod, it was a redditor being a redditor and speaking out of his ass.

To add insult to the injury, the mod was also designed to let you create a 'trans' Aylin in the form of a male body+female voice or female body+male voice (all the jokes about trans Aylin in the first page were actually on point :messenger_tongue:). AND they were planning to make a similar separate mod for Isobel, allowing people to enjoy the couple in multiple formats.

This is the modern state of gaming media people. I seriously hope the people who were so quick to jump on the hate bandwagon start reconsidering their attitude and beliefs. Oh, who am i kidding.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member

So apparently this mod was made by a woman (+ team) who got the hots over the male guardian's voice, not some "bigoted basement-dwelling far-right dweeb". Had nothing to do with the 'no alphabets' mod, it was a redditor being a redditor and speaking out of his ass.

What a surprise, a bunch of "progressive" lunatics misconstrued a well-intentioned person's work and ended up harassing and bullying them. I've definitely never heard that same story a dozen times before.

DeathGuise

Going out of your way to make a mod, and even bother using AI to change the voice so you dont have to deal with "alphabets"?

Nah, thats pretty fragile to me

Be happy using your homophobic mod. Doesnt change my opinion that you would be a very fragile loser.
Such a dumb take. Why go out of the way to make any mods? Lol they're so fragile right??

To add insult to the injury, the mod was also designed to let you create a 'trans' Aylin in the form of a male body+female voice or female body+male voice (all the jokes about trans Aylin in the first page were actually on point :messenger_tongue:). AND they were planning to make a similar separate mod for Isobel, allowing people to enjoy the couple in multiple formats.

This is the modern state of gaming media people. I seriously hope the people who were so quick to jump on the hate bandwagon start reconsidering their attitude and beliefs. Oh, who am i kidding.

thank you for posting this video

from now on I will only play BG3 with this mod installed

now if you excuse me I ll go search for sexy clothes mods for the female characters and npc and mods to make female characters more sexy

Pejo

This just speaks to the point that Nexus should just fucking let people decide for themselves which mods they want to use in their own single player experiences instead of being some arbitrary defender of social issues. That's the whole point of mods, to custom tailor a game to your wants.

VHznMn3.jpg

SaiyanRaoh

Funny and 'shocking' (Per usual with leftist media) that this side of the story isn't as widespread as the pearl clutching, bigoted narrative they want to spin. Out of principle, I will install and use this mod for the foreseeable future.

I remember when they banned the mod for Spider-man PC that turned the pride flags in the city into US flags. It wasn't even a real mod, it was just enabling the Middle East version of the game, which had those changes. They clearly have a desire to push certain agendas.
Exactly its fucking crazy, the devs and Sony are happy to remove these flags but this guys site can’t stand the idea that others might have a different opinion on things lol.

Last edited:
If you have the means, this is a golden opportunity to setup a "hands-off" mod site that doesn't have an authoritarian agenda over what mods are and aren't allowed (within the law) and you can ride these dumbasses' bad publicity to establish yourself as the go to mod site. Easy advertisement money.

Hudo

Can't you just kill or ignore male party members so that you'd only end up with female ones anyway? Not sure if the mod is really needed.

Guilty_AI

Can't you just kill or ignore male party members so that you'd only end up with female ones anyway? Not sure if the mod is really needed.
Mod just changes the gender of one of the characters (who was a lesbian) and this triggered the Nexus moderators.

Top Bottom