• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 7 |OT| - The Green Green Grass of Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Damn I thought Rivers 7 kids were from babymamas, good lord that vagina...

ibwdembP1kYCC4.gif

cdyhybrid

Am I the only one thinking Houston is going to give KC a run for their money Sunday? Despite Schaub being absent, I think the D is going to come out wild. Probably going to be a low scoring, ground and pound game, but I think Houston can pull it off.

I want to believe in the Houston D, but their QB situation is such a dumpster fire that I dunno if the D will be able to muster up the will to win the game after so many weeks of trying to win games by themselves.

I wish. It's either going to be the Broncos or the Chiefs and likely the Pats unless the AFC East gets in order fast.

Pats are going to start sliding soon. They only put it off a week because Payton and Brees prioritize padding stats over winning games.

Slurmer

Banned
Am I the only one thinking Houston is going to give KC a run for their money Sunday? Despite Schaub being absent, I think the D is going to come out wild. Probably going to be a low scoring, ground and pound game, but I think Houston can pull it off.
KC will probably score 3 touchdowns on defense alone.

Narag

I think their D is about a taint or two from checking out themselves.

Greg

nice work, Godslay

I can't wait to see how many FGs Crosby gets this week and who decides they want to rush for 100 yards

Narag

nice work, Godslay

I can't wait to see how many FGs Crosby gets this week and who decides they want to rush for 100 yards

I remember this time last year you couldn't wait to see how many FGs Crosby missed. How times have changed.

Godslay

Banned

You might be right, but I think it will play out similar to last week. Protection issues are going to crumble the Texans QBs (whoever happens to play). Alex will put together a drive, score a TD and some FG, and the defense will wrap it up for KC.

I'd love to see Houston give them a test, and I hope Kubiak gets it together, but it's looking like a tailspin at this point.

nice work, Godslay

Thanks. First ever thread post for myself. Had no clue what I was doing. Just realized it looks terrible on mobile? GAF must do some resizing.

Bowser

@bowser yeah I am hoping that is the answer. Fisher being an 8-8 coach should trump Rivera being a 4-12 coach

Rivera and Shula have turned the corner! Rivera is going for every 4th and short ever now!

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 13 Oct
Rivera on early fourth downs: it's what we're going to do now

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 11h
Rivera on new aggressive 4th downs: "One of the things I've learned," "it's been enlightening," "kicking field goals aren't good enough."

Shula is designing flea flicker TE screens!

We got this.

Meanwhile on the Defense DeAndre Levy is quietly have his best season yet.

Agreed, he has been amazing. It seems like the game has finally "clicked" for him; he's never been bad IMO, but there were seasons where he just didn't look like a good LB, constantly missed tackles, etc. I was rather concerned about the LB core going into this season, as were many others fans...but I gotta say they've played well. Tulluch is also having a good season. Overall the team is tackling a lot better than they used to.

Btw Patrick Edwards was cut today, to make room for another TE. Dude was the ultimate preseason warrior/season bust for two years. It seems like he fucked up nearly every time he was given an opportunity to make a big play.

Not sold on the Chiefs, so overrated. I hope Chargers and Broncos expose them late in the season when the match ups finally happen. I give Texans a chance.

Narag

You aborted that baby. Can't claim him now.

To be fair, he's the only person here who has believed in him year in and year out. Every year since like 2006 FMT believed the phoenix would rise from its ashes and Alex would finally turn the corner.

In Bong Miller We Trust.

i signed him in one of my fantasy teams! over the years it is RARE that i carry 5 defensive players (we start 1 dl, 1 db, 2 D) but i figure i'd take a shot on von and see what happens! with so many close FF games sometimes a few extra points from a defensive player makes all the difference

Godslay

Banned
i signed him in one of my fantasy teams! over the years it is RARE that i carry 5 defensive players (we start 1 dl, 1 db, 2 D) but i figure i'd take a shot on von and see what happens! with so many close FF games sometimes a few extra points from a defensive player makes all the difference

Yeah, I'm excited to have him back. He's at 262 lbs, up from 246 his rookie year. 10% body fat, down from 12% last year. Extra power, same speed. If he stays healthy, he should be a force in the next ten games. Too bad Aldon won't be around to push each other. That was exciting to see those guys go back and forth even though Aldon pulled away.

Farooq

Banned
PFF really loved the Dallas defense last week. 3 guys win their Team of the week including Jason Hatcher who had the highest grade out of anybody.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/14/pff-team-of-week-6-2/

Imagine having Ware, Hatcher, Ratliff, and Spencer as your starters. Dallas' rotational guys were pretty good too, with Crawford and Bass.

Damn...D line got decimated this year. Although Rod Marinelli is working some magic with these street guys. Drake Nevis is getting a lot of interior pressure, would like see more of what he can do.

Yeah, I'm excited to have him back. He's at 262 lbs, up from 246 his rookie year. 10% body fat, down from 12% last year. Extra power, same speed. If he stays healthy, he should be a force in the next ten games. Too bad Aldon won't be around to push each other. That was exciting to see those guys go back and forth even though Aldon pulled away.

Doesn't look like Aldon will be back this year. What a waste of talent. Oh well, lemon party and the rest are manufacturing pressure somehow!

LJ11

Not sure if any of you regulars watched Gravity, but man what a film. Not a big fan of 3D, gave me eye strain, but this film was the first one I really enjoyed. Definitely worth seeing.

KaYotiX

Banned
Going to see my first Browns game this weekend!

Hold me. :(

Have fun! Lambeau is amazing. Sorry your going to watch the Browns lose but enjoy the fried cheesecurds!

Only thing I miss about not living in Wisconsin is going to packer games in the fall :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
THU, OCT 17
Seattle at Arizona 8:25 PM -- Upset City! calling it now. Hawks are playing well below what they should be and I think we'll hit a perfect storm next week
Granted, Thursdays are awful, but if this were a Sunday....

Yellow are teams we've played, Green are teams we're to play before the bye. Sorted by passing yards allowed per game.

BIawPTR.png

cdyhybrid

Granted, Thursdays are awful, but if this were a Sunday....

Yellow are teams we've played, Green are teams we're to play before the bye. Sorted by passing yards allowed per game.

BIawPTR.png

Russell about to go HAM. We start playing those teams right around the time when Harvin comes back, too.

#FreeJermaineKearse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom