• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 7 |OT| Newton's Laws of Football

Greg

if you remove Peyton or Luck from their respective teams, they go from 1st place/contenders to pretenders. If you remove Watt from the Texans they go from suck to suck a little more. It's not his fault, but the way the league is set up and has evolved in recent years I don't see how a QB isn't the MVP every year. No other position is anywhere near as important.
that's what I mean, it's a quarterback of the year at this point in the eyes of everyone

Vikings didn't even win their division with Peterson as MVP

Greg

just like Peterson and that offense, what is that defense without Watt? doesn't that say more for a player that still puts up incredible numbers when he's the only one expected to produce?

just like Peterson and that offense, what is that defense without Watt? doesn't that say more for a player that still puts up incredible numbers when he's the only one expected to produce?

The difference between AP and no AP was the playoffs. The difference between Watt and no Watt, at least last year, was 2 wins.

JJ Watt is a dynamic player and far and away the best defensive player in the league. This is the second game I can say i've watched where despite a superhuman effort by Watt the Texans were blown off the field. Some players just have more weight to their efforts.

Greg

The difference between AP and no AP was the playoffs. The difference between Watt and no Watt, at least last year, was 2 wins.

JJ Watt is a dynamic player and far and away the best defensive player in the league. This is the second game I can say i've watched where despite a superhuman effort by Watt the Texans were blown off the field. Some players just have more weight to their efforts.
I know that's how it's always been, I just don't buy into the wins/losses/playoffs thing when it comes to an individual award

Rodgers is more valuable now than he was when he won it, but he's not topping that record

and if the Texans have a franchise QB and Watt puts up the same numbers he is this season, does he get it just because his team is winning more?
Just a quick poll but does anyone else here literally have no fucking idea what "gamergate" is? I don't know if I'm out of touch or just lucky.
I don't know what that means

Syrinx

If this was baseball we were talking about, then I would probably say that Watt was the MVP, since that's a sport where the MVP should just go to the best player since baseball players' performances are largely independent of each other (unless you love RBIs), so the player that elevates the team the most is simply the best overall player. Also baseball players on their own, at any position, can only elevate their team so much in the win column.

Football is different. Teams' performances are so dependent on the quarterback that the best QB in the league will almost by definition be the most valuable player. Great QBs can elevate a team that otherwise would be picking in the top 10 to being a playoff team, or elevate a fringe playoff team to an elite Super Bowl contender. There are rare cases like Peterson in 2012 where somebody else has that impact, but a QB will almost always be the most valuable player.

no joke for the longest time I legit thought it was some new gaming convention that was starting up. Then Jeff Gertsmann weighed in on it so I guess it's some scandal about feminism. Yeah I got nothing.

is it that thing about the girl game designer who banged that reviewer and then he gave her game a good review?

zychi

Banned
So I sold a copy of fifa 15 to a mob boss' son apparently on Amazon. And the little douche is trying to file a chargeback, even tho he signed for the item.

I fucking hate people.

So I sold a copy of fifa 15 to a mob boss' son apparently on Amazon. And the little douche is trying to file a chargeback, even tho he signed for the item.

I fucking hate people.

They wanna have a meeting with you to return the money, right? It will be you, the douche and his dad. Let's set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place, a bar, a restaurant... some place where there's people so you feel safe. They're gonna search you when you first meet them, right, so you can't have a weapon on you then. But if Kas can figure a way to have a weapon planted there for you then you kill'em both.

Greg

They wanna have a meeting with you to return the money, right? It will be you, the douche and his dad. Let's set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it's gonna be held. Now, we insist it's a public place, a bar, a restaurant... some place where there's people so you feel safe. They're gonna search you when you first meet them, right, so you can't have a weapon on you then. But if Kas can figure a way to have a weapon planted there for you then you kill'em both.

Let me know the time and place and I'll be there.
hahahaha

eznark

Banned
Just a quick poll but does anyone else here literally have no fucking idea what "gamergate" is? I don't know if I'm out of touch or just lucky.

First I actually heard about it being a REAL CONTROVERSY and not some neck beard/white knight battle was an article last week in Reason magazine.

I still don't fucking get it, nor do I give a shit.

I don't think the people heavily involved in gamergate know what the fuck it is. It's a muddled mess of supposedly calling out corruption in games journalism to feminist shaming of game culture to general bitching for "reasons".

Every time I try to read a thread on it or any of the twitter stuff, it just gives me a headache and I move on.

eznark

Banned
One thing I did find humorous as I glanced at it last week was that supposedly one of the criticisms was regarding a private listserv that all the games writers use to collude and whatnot. Vehement denials across the board that they collaborate so closely!

Then last week like every single big outlet published, almost simultaneously, letters from the editor condemning gamergate. Tone deaf. Of course, I spent five minutes scrolling through that hashtag and it's probably best to be tonedeaf to those clowns.

Eleuin

Link to the new thread for people who only check their subscriptions

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916057

ufdup.png

Colasante

Tennessee Titans trade OLB Akeem Ayers to the Patriots. Patriots trade a 6th and get a 7th back. Ayers was Pro Football Focus' #4 overall OLB last season.

Top Bottom