• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Conference Championship |OT| - Better Games than the Switch's Launch Lineup

I agree with everything you said, but I still give credit to the Chiefs coaches for keeping them in a game when the Steelers were obviously more talented on both sides of the ball. It could only be close if we let the stay close. I just appreciated the creative play calls they used to move the ball because they could not just line up and beat us one on one or man to man.

Ben is due to have a great game. I hope our players are as wide open as the Texans players were this weekend. I think we can run and pass on the Pats. We just have to execute and finish them off.

We coming!

I think what we're both saying, bionic, is that Tomlin has to Switch tactics: TDs instead of FGs.

Such a Switch can defeat the Trumpriots!

bionic77

The Steelers marched up and down the field at will all game and the defense hit and stymied Smith all night. How is none of that coaching?
A lot of our success during this run has been all Bell and the line. How much of that success do the coaches get credit for?

And regarding the coaching we are a better team than the Chiefs. We dominated the entire game and won by 2 points. That is a fucking Steelers special on the road in the Tomlin era. We have found so many ways to lose games against teams that we are just better than. I am not sure what the reason is because the games are usually lost in different ways.

Thankfully we almost always bring our A game when we are the underdogs. Especially Ben. That fat fuck gets up for these type of games but will lay an egg against teams we are supposed to crush.

tmdorsey

I just found out that I'll be going to the Falcons/Packers game this Sunday!

Going to the game with my dad, who was somehow able to pull some strings and get tickets.

I'm glad to have the chance to go to the Georgia Dome one last time. :')

Cannot wait to experience the atmosphere in person. Hope the crowd is as hyped as they were for the Seahawks game.

My man! I will be there too with my father. We need to get up!

BTW, once again Falcons-GAF celebrating a home NFC Championship game.

infinitedancefosc0.gif

kn5Ei53.gif

We coming!

We coming for that racist ass New England!

Thats my coach fellas!

Unfortunately, Antonio Brown kinda' let the cat out of the bag.

It's going to be an interesting week leading up to the game. There's a lot riding on this game from a reputation standpoint for Pittsburgh. Their last playoff win against NE was in 1997. Pete Carroll was the head coach, Drew Bledsoe the QB. A young rookie linebacker named Mike Vrabel sealed the game for Pittsburgh with a sack/fumble. Yes- that Mike Vrabel.

That was an awfully long time ago. The Pats have consistently tormented the Steelers in Brady/Belichick era. You can already sense the animosity just from Tomlin's post-game speech last night. Like I said- it's going to be an interesting week.

Duxxy3

Should have kept Chip. Even if it was just to prove that ownership won't just fire coaches on a whim.

I don't blame McDaniels, Shanahan or Cable if they don't take the job. There's no guarantee that you'll get more than a year. Why ruin your career with such impatient ownership?

bionic77

Unfortunately, Antonio Brown kinda' let the cat out of the bag.

It's going to be an interesting week leading up to the game. There's a lot riding on this game from a reputation standpoint for Pittsburgh. Their last playoff win against NE was in 1997. Pete Carroll was the head coach, Drew Bledsoe the QB. A young rookie linebacker named Mike Vrabel sealed the game for Pittsburgh with a sack/fumble. Yes- that Mike Vrabel.

That was an awfully long time ago. The Pats have consistently tormented the Steelers in Brady/Belichick era. You can already sense the animosity just from Tomlin's post-game speech last night. Like I said- it's going to be an interesting week.
That was dumb but it is only polite to let someone know when you coming.

And we definitely coming for those racist scumbags!

Jarnet87

Conference Championship weekend always reminds me of Ronde taking it to the house and closing down The Vet. What a game.

Chip was made GM like he wanted, and managed to make the team worse, and that deal he wanted to make for MM would have set us back about a decade. Glad TEN rejected it.

That would be so great.
QB is the most important position and the eagles could have had a great one rather then Wentz.

That was a live assessment. It was more a dumb decision than a melicious play. Yeah, he's trying to dislodge the ball, as you're taught to do even in today's NFL - but he led with his shoulder and not his helmet. But with the receiver laying out for the ball, he shouldn't have gone for the hit. It's tough for your brain to override instincts at that point though, especially since it was a boom boom play. It deserved a penalty, and it ended up being a nasty hit, but I don't think the intent was malicious enough to warrant any criticism north of it deserving a flag and fine.

Also, it was Matt Moore's own fault.

squicken

SF media saying that McD was Jed's #1 choice but McD didn't like the way they do business

Chip was made GM like he wanted, and managed to make the team worse, and that deal he wanted to make for MM would have set us back about a decade. Glad TEN rejected itt.

I think the trade for MM would have been really good for Philly, but that's assuming he doesn't get hurt. Hard to say when it comes to something like that. But getting nothing for DJAX and McCoy was criminal and for that Chip deserved to be fired. But Howie should have been fired long ago so ..

SF media saying that McD was Jed's #1 choice but McD didn't like the way they do business

I think the trade for MM would have been really good for Philly, but that's assuming he doesn't get hurt. Hard to say when it comes to something like that. But getting nothing for DJAX and McCoy was criminal and for that Chip deserved to be fired. But Howie should have been fired long ago so ..
Eagles traded a RB that was #2 in salary, aging, and lead the league in negative runs the year before. For him they got a lber that was great as a rookie and who the HC knew. The money they saved by trading shady they were able to add to rbs. If the ol had been better that would have been a great trade. McCoy is also a terrible character guy with all the rape party crap. Chip was 100% right to move on from him.

Pepiope

No way. What was it? 3 first rounders, 2 seconds, Cox and another player on the defense of their choosing.

We got a potentially better QB at a cheaper price.

Bread

Banned
i believe that we should all jump on TDR and make him feel bad for rooting for the steelers

it's the most wonderful time of the year!

Top Bottom