• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 8 |OT| - Plays of the Week

I can understand the Pats hate, no one wants to see cheaters prosper but Cowboys SB would be amazing! They are a blast to watch, hopefully Romo is playing. Stop trying to reverse jinx that shit losers!

So now it's official that the Cowboys hold the best record in the NFC. Patriots have the best AFC record. That would be one hell of a superbowl in Houston, and a wet dream for Roger Goodell

I can understand the Pats hate, no one wants to see cheaters prosper but Cowboys SB would be amazing! They are a blast to watch, hopefully Romo is playing. Stop trying to reverse jinx that shit losers!

cowboys are a garbage team with a drunk driving QB, a garbage owner and a bunch of guys who like to beat on women on the team. thumbs down!

MechDX

Here come the cock roaches from Southern Oklahoma.....

Amazing that most of them haven't been heard from since the mid 90's

Good morning..

Look fellas we need to emotionally prepare ourselves for a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl
giphy.gif

The fact that everyone would hate it.. I need this to happen.. :)

Bitanator

Well..not everyone.

You will have your day again, Big Head will plow through your line. Actually more impressed with Giants secondary this year, Redskins Dline is more impressive. Vernon is getting his pressures I assume though, lack of sack must be frustrating

Striker

You will have your day again, Big Head will plow through your line. Actually more impressed with Giants secondary this year, Redskins Dline is more impressive. Vernon is getting his pressures I assume though, lack of sack must be frustrating
OV was fantastic vs. Tyron in Week 1 but he's been playing with a bum wrist/arm for a long time now. It's affected him but he is still applying good pressure and holds quite a bit.

squicken

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith
Roberto Aguayo has made 58% of his field goals. Every other kicker in the NFL has made at least 70%

Spinluck

If the Patriots don't make the Super Bowl it is the biggest failure since the Hindenburg

Will any AFC team magically come to life to defeat them in the postseason? I don't see it, not sure if it will translate to stats, but this looks like a historically bad season for AFC teams. They all severely flawed except the Pats.

I'm still not 100% sold on the Cowboys for some reason. They remind of the Chargers back when they would make the postseason last decade. Dak is damn good for a rookie though, proves that some QBs are just straight up more turnover prone than others.

He's young but doesn't throw anything too stupid. The good O-line and coaching helps though.

Farooq

Banned
You should watch the effect of Church coming off the field and Jeff Heath taking his snaps, or the aggressive tackling Claiborne has shown suddenly going away, there will be a drop off, the Steelers game could get real ugly. I hope our offense can stay relatively healthy, it is looking like a top three unit this year

To piggyback off your comment, I am curious about the type of personnel Marinelli will use in the dime and nickel. Is Heath going to replace Church or is it going to be WIlcox?

Byron will mitigate some of the the pain and allow them to be a little bit more flexible. A nickel group of Carr, Brown, Scandrick, Wilcox/Heath, and Jones is not too terrible. The other safety comes in in dime. Heath played some snaps in the slot in GB when they were out of CBs at the end of the game , he did alright but I think the Cowboys would rather not be pressed into a situation like that again. The depth will be in dire situation if another corner or Byron gets hurt. I wonder if they bring in Olatoye or someone else who was with them in training camp.

If Brown stays outside, he is a willing tackler so I don't think they will miss Claiborne's physicality that much. They will miss Claiborne's ball skills though.

Edit: Looking at the Cowboys PS they have a corner in Sammy Seamster.
Let's put his numbers into the SPARQ spreadsheet.
(Intercept) 181.924227
HT -4.592111
WT 0.361056
X40 -15.159259
X10 -45.532307
Shuttle -18.731278
X3Cone -5.985102
Bench 0.252199
Vert 1.327290
Broad 9.557272

Tom Penny

Will any AFC team magically come to life to defeat them in the postseason? I don't see it, not sure if it will translate to stats, but this looks like a historically bad season for AFC teams. They all severely flawed except the Pats.

I'm still not 100% sold on the Cowboys for some reason. They remind of the Chargers back when they would make the postseason last decade. Dak is damn good for a rookie though, proves that some QBs are just straight up more turnover prone than others.

He's young but doesn't throw anything too stupid. The good O-line and coaching helps though.

Steelers and Denver are the only teams. Steelers can drop 30 plus if healthy and Denver can give a QB no time to throw and force turnovers.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just looked at Brady's stat line, you can barely tell that he's missed 4 games.

Yep

There's some small consolation that even if the Patriots win out, Goddell made sure it wasn't an undefeated season. So there's still plenty of Pats fan salt to be had!

How the fuck is Trump leading in the polls

What the fucking fuck are you guys doing
Besides it being one tracking poll (thus inaccurate), the secret is this: we're all idiots

Hillary is the president we'll get, despite us deserving an eternity of Trump

Our media has gotten bad enough to the point they care more about ratings than about not making everything scandalous

And there's 40% of the voting population who can't see minorities as humans, even if they're given a diagram of the anatomy and body parts they have in common

Top Bottom