• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw Browns-GAF Jerruh is planting marijuana in Myles' car and CGI'ng bong hit videos as we speak so you can just forget about grabbing him with the first pick!

Pepiope

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 50m50 minutes ago
More
Joel Corry Retweeted Stephen Clapp
Alshon Jeffery was looking for a Dez Bryant/Julio Jones type deal in the off season. PED suspension didn't change things.

Guess he isn't coming to Philly

Groh connection and all.

Btw Browns-GAF Jerruh is planting marijuana in Myles' car and CGI'ng bong hit videos as we speak so you can just forget about grabbing him with the first pick!
Let us have this..

More
Alshon Jeffery was looking for a Dez Bryant/Julio Jones type deal in the off season. PED suspension didn't change things.

Groh connection and all.
That's adorable Alshon..

Bitanator

Dez Bryant as an alternate to Pro Bowl, much more deserving players but I would not call his year a failure.

Dez was Dallas only real threat in the pass game, enjoyed one of his highest ypc, and was on pace for a ten TD year if he did not rest the last game. He missed the equivalent of 4.5 games, and is always a late bloomer during seasons, so I think he would have enjoyed his regular years like 2012-14. Next year will be better, I still believe what an asset he is and his ability, some of the catches this year proves he still has it

Jarnet87

I want Alshon in Tampa. We've replaced the useless ASJ with a real tight end, let us envision the dream that never materialized with Jackson, Evans, and ASJ.

Hindl

More

Groh connection and all.

Lol ok. He's one piss test away from being suspended over half a season and he's had some nagging injuries. I could see him getting $9-10M a year but not Dez/Julio money. Plus Groh is gonna bring Britt with him

No it isn't...

TRUST THE SYSTEM, TRUST THE SWITCH, TRUST YOUR BOYZ TO SERVICE YOUR BOYZ!
giphy.gif

cdyhybrid

More

Groh connection and all.
Mike Williams or Dalvin Cook?

Jarnet87

More analysts keep mocking Dalvin to the Browns. Daniel Jeremiah joined the train. Please make it stop, don't kill him. This ain't Draft Day where Kevin Costner turns the Browns around in the most farcical take on a draft ever.

Hindl

More analysts keep mocking Dalvin to the Browns. Daniel Jeremiah joined the train. Please make it stop, don't kill him.

That makes no sense. Crowell and Duke Johnson are a good enough backfield, and this is a class stacked with RBs. If they want another one they can wait till later. They have the chance to get two elite playrmakers on defense. That'll make a much bigger difference than another RB in the backfield

Dalvin please be there at 14/15

Jarnet87

That makes no sense. Crowell and Duke Johnson are a good enough backfield, and this is a class stacked with RBs. If they want another one they can wait till later. They have the chance to get two elite playrmakers on defense. That'll make a much bigger difference than another RB in the backfield

I have resigned to the fact that Dalvin has zero chance of getting past Baltimore and will not be firing the cannons at the new sombrero. Now I just want him to land in a spot where he will succeed and produce fantasy numbers so I can draft him.

Is Garrett Von Miller?
I hope so

TRUST THE SYSTEM, TRUST THE SWITCH, TRUST YOUR BOYZ TO SERVICE YOUR BOYZ!
giphy.gif
No QB is worth it

More analysts keep mocking Dalvin to the Browns. Daniel Jeremiah joined the train. Please make it stop, don't kill him.
If we don't do anything with Crowell, then it's probably going to be him.

We are trying to work a deal with Crow.. if we don't work it out, then Cook will be gone..

If Browns take a RB with the number 1 pick...LAWD!

What the hell are you guys thinking. You had two good RBs last year and won one game. Adding another one isn't going to do shit!

What the hell are you guys thinking. You had two good RBs last year and won one game. Adding another one isn't going to do shit!
We aren't.. we'll use the Eagles pick on Cook/Fournette if we can't get anything worked out with Crow

The only running back I would have said take at number one is in Dallas.

Hindl

We're talking about 12, the Eagles pick

We are trying to work a deal with Crow.. if we don't work it out, then Cook will be gone..

Fuck you Floy! Don't you doom him!

Whatever, at 14/15 we're bound to get someone. One of Cook/Fournettte/Davis/Williams will be there and if they're all gone that means a premiere edge rusher or Reuben Foster is available. If not trade back and grab a CB

Bitanator

We aren't.. we'll use the Eagles pick on Cook/Fournette if we can't get anything worked out with Crow

The only running back I would have said take at number one is in Dallas.

You'd really be comfortable for a team to snag a RB with the first pick even if it is a Big Head type of back?

I love Big Head and glad Dallas got him but shit, if Joey Bosa was there at 4 in a draft again scenario, Dallas snags him and grabs Jordan Howard in the 4th, we might have had a shot at the Falcons yesterday

Cook. From everything I've read, it doesn't look like there are elite WRs in this draft. Williams is just one of the best in a weak class. Cook can be a stud.
Williams can be a stud as well..

I am Tony Grossi
You bastard.. I wish you nothing but misery..

You'd really be comfortable for a team to snag a RB with the first pick even if it is a Big Head type of back?

I love Big Head and glad Dallas got him but shit, if Joey Bosa was there at 4 in a draft again scenario, Dallas snags him and grabs Jordan Howard in the 4th, we might have had a shot at the Falcons yesterday
No, but if I had to take an RB number one overall.. it would have been Zeke. I like Zeke in terms of his all around technique. He isn't truly lacking overall and even in his weakest part (use in the passing game), he's still solid.

Bitanator

Williams can be a stud as well..

You bastard.. I wish you nothing but misery..

No, but if I had to take an RB number one overall.. it would have been Zeke. I like Zeke in terms of his all around technique. He isn't truly lacking overall and even in his weakest part (use in the passing game), he's still solid.

Damn straight, passing to him was such an underutilized asset I hope gets more use next year, so many times he could have been an option and Dallas looked away. His vision will get better next year I expect another fantastic season.

I'm really intrigued by some of these RB prospects though, scared of the thought the redskins/eagles might grab one

Hindl

Damn straight, passing to him was such an underutilized asset I hope gets more use next year, so many times he could have been an option and Dallas looked away. His vision will get better next year I expect another fantastic season.

I'm really intrigued by some of these RB prospects though, scared of the thought the redskins/eagles might grab one

That's why I want Cook. He's pretty much the perfect back for the Eagles offense. Great runner, patient, and can catch out of the backfield. It's tough to choose between him and Davis, but I'd be happy with Cook. Especially if we got a decent WR in FA

Pepiope

That's why I want Cook. He's pretty much the perfect back for the Eagles offense. Great runner, patient, and can catch out of the backfield. It's tough to choose between him and Davis, but I'd be happy with Cook. Especially if we got a decent WR in FA
I wouldn't mind a haul of Britt/Jackson with a rookie WR in round 3 or 4 to challenge Matthews, with Cook in round 1. I would love if we could somehow trade for Brandin Cooks too.

That gives us an immediate upgrade at the WR position, takes pressure off of Matthews, and an actual run game will make Wentz's job that much easier. Then all we need is for Johnson to stay off the supplements and we're good to go.

You don't have to tell me..

I remember when I had Zeke and Joey on my team..
CyBMPQy.jpg

:')

But even at Ohio State, we didn't utilize him in the passing game that much (considering we had Curtis Samuel at H-Back, it's understandable)

And you should be if they land Cook.. Cook can line up and play WR a la Le'Veon Bell and he's such a violent runner.

Hindl

I wouldn't mind a haul of Britt/Jackson with a rookie WR in round 3 or 4 to challenge Matthews, with Cook in round 1. I would love if we could somehow trade for Brandin Cooks too.

That gives us an immediate upgrade at the WR position, takes pressure off of Matthews, and an actual run game will make Wentz's job that much easier. Then all we need is for Johnson to stay off the supplements and we're good to go.

I think we only get one of Britt or Jackson but otherwise I agree. Cooks would be awesome but I doubt that'll happen. And the only thing keeping me from Cook is if an great defensive player drops and the fact that it's so deep at RB. Plenty of RBs in the 3rd and even 4th. Spending the first two picks on DL/CB could push this defense over the top. And I'm hoping they can get a CB in FA too

Edit: Honestly I wouldn't mind grabbing a TE in round 2 or 3 either. This is a really good TE class and Ertz is good but Celek is going to retire next year. Getting another good TE would help Wentz a lot and they could help the run game with blocking too

Bitanator

Do you think there might be a run on RBs early for some dumb reason, I was actually surprised by last year draft, they were all there in the fourth for the picking, I figured Dixon or Howard would be snagged earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom