• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
dolphins-capitalize.gif

BigAT

Is he unpopular with the current voters, or is it that the current voters feel that his negative acts should be enough to deny him entry? Is there nothing a player could do to make them unelectable in your eyes?

Well the precedent has already been set for murder, bigotry and blatant homophobia. I'm sorry if "being a crummy teammate" doesn't really rate compared to those in my eyes.

BigAT

TO's homophobia wasnt blatant enough for you?

The whole thing with Garcia was disgusting, but if it didn't affect Dungy (and numerous other HoF members, if we're being honest) why should it be used against Owens?

I don't even know what you're so salty about. No one but 49ers fans should be allowed to bitch about TO. He was already a known quantity when he joined every other team that signed him.

I mean the only reason the Eagles were able to trade for him in the first place was because he was such a shitty teammate. You don't actively trade for a guy that is problem in the locker room, then bitch and cry when he is a problem in the locker room.

The whole thing with Garcia was disgusting, but if it didn't affect Dungy (and numerous other HoF members, if we're being honest) why should it be used against Owens?

I don't even know what you're so salty about. No one but 49ers fans should be allowed to bitch about TO. He was already a known quantity when he joined every other team that signed him.

I mean the only reason the Eagles were able to trade for him in the first place was because he was such a shitty teammate. You don't actively trade for a guy that is problem in the locker room, then bitch and cry when he is a problem in the locker room.

Why not? The only reason the Eagles traded for him was because Mcnabb went to Ried and Banner and begged them to, hell he even went public saying what great chemistry they had together and shit like that. I am sure that the Eagles felt coming in to a veteran team that was close to a SB would help focus TO. They also singed him to a new contract, and money seemed to be his biggest problem in SF. I am sure that the Eagles thought TO would come in play well and help the team. No way did they think after just one season he would be taking public shots at Mcnabb and trying to force another trade.

Spinluck

If Texans had Romo last year they would've probably won the SB.

They were actually competitive outside of their dogshit offense.

BigAT

Why not? The only reason the Eagles traded for him was because Mcnabb went to Ried and Banner and begged them to, hell he even went public saying what great chemistry they had together and shit like that. I am sure that the Eagles felt coming in to a veteran team that was close to a SB would help focus TO. They also singed him to a new contract, and money seemed to be his biggest problem in SF. I am sure that the Eagles thought TO would come in play well and help the team. No way did they think after just one season he would be taking public shots at Mcnabb and trying to force another trade.

Delusional teams often fool themselves into believing a lot of incorrect ideas.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Why do people keep saying that? A group of people get together and weigh the merits of a person. The look at their stats and how the acted on the field/in the locker room. If it was just a straight up popularity contest then tons of guys who didnt get in would. It took Kenny Stabler 27 years to get in, by all accounts he was a popular guy.

We have multiple generations of voters keeping out certain guys (or just making them wait) who deserve it due to how they interacted with the media. Personal bias is a huge part of the voting.

Jarnet87

Bucs should go for Tony Jefferson. Then our safety duo can be called Jefferson Tandy. Should like a quality 70s soft rock band.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trent Truck was never BG's boy.

In fact I'm pretty sure Floy was always down with him and even came up with the Trent Truck nickname.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It's fun watching them complain though. TO not making it this year was their first victory in a long time.

I don't see how it's a victory tbh. Yeah he was an asshole and a bitch, but he's one of the goat recievers. My big problem is that murderer Marvin Harrison made it and even all things equal personality wise TO was still the better wr.

Edit- I will be absolute bullshit if they snub Randy like this.

MechDX

As Browns GM I will vow to take care of my boys Kave, Gobias and Floyd.

I'm going to bring back JFF and Trent for BG. BG doesn't deserve Brandon "Colt Killer" Weeden

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't see how it's a victory tbh. Yeah he was an asshole and a bitch, but he's one of the goat recievers. My big problem is that murderer Marvin Harrison made it and even all things equal personality wise TO was still the better wr.

Edit- I will be absolute bullshit if they snub Randy like this.

Moss has a good relationship with the media though.

He will likely have to wait a year or two. It's like the jerry rice rule now or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom