• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT| - Servicing Us Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lee is fucking insane if he thinks the jets should, would, or could sign Kaep.

Should maybe, he's an able tank commander.

Would definitely not considering the person who owns them is one of the few that truly cares about that anthem crap more than winning football games.

Could absolutely, the guy will probably sign for peanuts if he does sign anywhere.

Fox318

Should maybe, he's an able tank commander.

Would definitely not considering the person who owns them is one of the few that truly cares about that anthem crap more than winning football games.

Could absolutely, the guy will probably sign for peanuts if he does sign anywhere.

The person who owns the Jets practically bankrolls the GOP and is an active member of the Trump Administration.

Jet ticket owners would boycott because of the distraction as well as differences in political beliefs

Though maybe Johnson would throw him a bone as I'm absolutely convinced that Trump won in part from his protest.

cdyhybrid

If you honestly believe that then maybe watching football isn't for you.

cyBrKSJ.png

Looks pretty clear to me, brah.

cdyhybrid

What part of that looks clear to you? Even ignoring that we were talking about last year Bradford crushes him in most areas.

Better rating, better TD/INT ratio, better Y/A, plus the added rushing threat.

Kaep also had to play with the worst roster and worst head coach in the league last season, whereas Bradford had a legitimate defense to help him out.

Kaep also had to play with the worst roster and worst head coach in the league last season, whereas Bradford had a legitimate defense to help him out.
Oh you. I forgot to not try to discuss things seriously with you. Kap was in an offense last year that made Sanchez look decent and foles look great. Minny had no ol or weapons last year and yet Bradford put up great numbers.

cdyhybrid

Oh you. I forgot to not try to discuss things seriously with you. Kap was in an offense last year that made Sanchez look decent and foles look great. Minny had no ol or weapons last year and yet Bradford put up great numbers.

The offense doesn't matter if you have no players to run it! Sanchez and Foles had actual NFL-caliber players around them.

Mindlog

God damn today was a beautiful day.

I see Alterraun Verner is still looking for work. The Bucs secondary was loaded with proven talent. Can't believe he's still looking.

Sweeney's insane list, he had Kap over Bradford for Minny.

???

In my honest opinion, he could start for any of: Bears, Browns, Broncos (only if Siemian is still first, I assume Paxton's starter Week 1 but not confirmed yet), Jaguars, Jets

Backup for any of: Bills (backup and not start because I assume the Tyrod situation has somehow been smoothed over, if not move to Start), Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings (depending on Teddy's situation, I still doubt he ever comes back), Raiders, Skins, Titans (assuming Mariota recovers well) and Ravens

My second half is list of teams I think should absolutely at least consider (if not sign) him for backup. Not start, backup, and Vikings I specified should be only if Teddy's never coming back, because the depth for that team really suffers if so.

I do think Kaep in his career has been better than Bradford ever has been or ever will be, but concede that in 2016 the roles reversed and Bradford was legitimately impressive for the first time in his whole career. I don't think it'll be maintained, but do think Sam should start there going forward regardless of Teddy's situation

Kap was 30th in actual air yards (behind Keenum, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith) and 26th in completion percentage, he pulled in less than 500 yards rushing and barely over 2200 yards passing, Bradford had over 3800 yards passing, as much shit as Bradford gets he's still a far better passer than Kap.

Let's not pretend even with rushing yards included Kap was all that productive in a system basically tailored to a running QB like him, he won't find another Chip to work with this year. Yes he's probably better than Geno but not by much and he's much older with mechanics that simply aren't fixable, everything from footwork to windup and delivery to vision is a mess.

cdyhybrid

If Arkansas wins, I'll retire Leafa

Just in case anyone was on the fence

HOO PIG

Kap was 30th in actual air yards (behind Keenum, Fitzpatrick, Alex Smith) and 26th in completion percentage, he pulled in less than 500 yards rushing and barely over 2200 yards passing, Bradford had over 3800 yards passing, as much shit as Bradford gets he's still a far better passer than Kap.

Let's not pretend even with rushing yards included Kap was all that productive in a system basically tailored to a running QB like him. Yes he's probably better than Geno but not by much and he's much older with mechanics that simply aren't fixable.

Bradford obviously had the better year, but you have to temper that with the caveat that he also had a much better roster around him. I'm mainly talking big picture.

HOO PIG

Bradford obviously had the better year, but you have to temper that with the caveat that he also had a much better roster around him. I'm mainly talking big picture.

You can put a roster around Kap and you still have a QB who prefers to tug and run instead of actually finding the open receiver and throwing a catchable ball to him. The big picture is things like wildcat/pistol don't work consistently anymore. With bigger and faster DE/linebackers your best bet is still getting a good signal caller to drop back and deliver the ball, something that Kap will never be.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't get your hopes up

Arkansas, football team anyway, has a habit of playing up their opponent and then losing in heartbreaking fashion. Then Arkansas homer radio will masturbate about how they're on the upswing and next year will be better.

Hopefully our basketball team isn't the same

cdyhybrid

Don't get your hopes up

Arkansas, football team anyway, has a habit of playing up their opponent and then losing in heartbreaking fashion. Then Arkansas homer radio will masturbate about how they're on the upswing and next year will be better.

Hopefully our basketball team isn't the same

You just have to believe in our Razorbacks!

Fox318

When I went to the Jets-Rams game last year I was shocked how many rams fans were there.

And that there even are Rams fans.

The team literally said fuck you to both of its home cities fans.

brentech

He pulled in less than 500 yards rushing and barely over 2200 yards passing, Bradford had over 3800 yards passing, as much shit as Bradford gets he's still a far better passer than Kap.
Comparing season stat totals against players that didn't play the same number of games and had 200+ less passing attempts. Seems smart.

Based on recent seasons it would be hard to argue that Kaep is actually better, but I question your knowledge if you weren't aware Kaep didn't even start the whole year.

If you add in the difference in games played/pass attempts, they would be pretty much equal in total yards. And Kaep ended up having slightly higher TD/game played average.

So if that's the shit you want to compare, not only has he had a better career, but basically the same season with a much worse supporting cast.

Striker

In my honest opinion, he could start for any of: Bears, Browns, Broncos (only if Siemian is still first, I assume Paxton's starter Week 1 but not confirmed yet), Jaguars, Jets

Backup for any of: Bills (backup and not start because I assume the Tyrod situation has somehow been smoothed over, if not move to Start), Texans, Chiefs, Dolphins, Vikings (depending on Teddy's situation, I still doubt he ever comes back), Raiders, Skins, Titans (assuming Mariota recovers well) and Ravens
Off the top of my head, only the Jets, Browns (though someone like Kessler could be a good player if they get some better WR's and some real development with Hue), 49ers, Bears (Glennon is mostly a 1-yr deal), and Texans, but they're going to get someone else anyways sooner than later.

I won't say Jags because I'd lol at Kaep trying to run an offense Coughlin and Marrone likes.

That's not even a quarter of the league, much less most of it. Anybody could be a backup, but no one is running to sign a guy who creates negative controversy like he does as a backup.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wienku audioshield is great. I played some cool trippy songs and it got really intense, I'm all sweaty.

It's the best for sure.

I'm thinking about getting a flight stick (Hotas?) for Elite Dangerous VR. I've tried several times with kb/m but it still feels like trying to cut a steak with your feet.

Roomscale games are amazing but not good for long sessions. I also have a 8 or 9 foot ceiling and I keep smacking the ceiling fan (or worse, the light) so I'm ready for something I can dig into for a few hours at a time.

Bread

Banned
It's the best for sure.

I'm thinking about getting a flight stick (Hotas?) for Elite Dangerous VR. I've tried several times with kb/m but it still feels like trying to cut a steak with your feet.

Roomscale games are amazing but not good for long sessions. I also have a 8 or 9 foot ceiling and I keep smacking the ceiling fan (or worse, the light) so I'm ready for something I can dig into for a few hours at a time.
Ah that's too bad, the freedom of movement is so important for getting immersed into VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom