• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Code:
LURIE, JEFFREY
WYNNEWOOD, PA 19096	Philadelphia Eagles/Chairman	$2,700	HILLARY FOR AMERICA - DEMOCRAT	P	04/29/2015

Philadelphia Eagles: The Real America's Team

Gobias

Banned
How long until the NFL just cans the idea of players on the field during the anthem?

That would probably piss more people off. I think it's more likely they would just have the cameras not looking at them during the anthem. Seems like a cowardly NFL thing to do.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How long until the NFL just cans the idea of players on the field during the anthem?

They can just stop doing the anthem altogether

Only at American sporting events is it even a thing. You don't have the anthem playing before you watch a movie or a play, at concerts, its not played at sporting events in other countries unless its directly involving national teams

bionic77

That would probably piss more people off. I think it's more likely they would just have the cameras not looking at them during the anthem. Seems like a cowardly NFL thing to do.
The NFL is in a tough spot.

A lot of their audience are racists. If they were to do the right thing and not blackball Kaep and allow players to express their opinions it would cost them a ton of fucking money.

Like a lot of corporations they are always going to go for the money. I am paraphrasing, but as the stupid ass motherfucker Michael Jordan once said: "Racists buy sneakers too".

Draxal

The NFL is in a tough spot.

A lot of their audience are racists. If they were to do the right thing and not blackball Kaep and allow players to express their opinions it would cost them a ton of fucking money.

Like a lot of corporations they are always going to go for the money. I am paraphrasing, but as the stupid ass motherfucker Michael Jordan once said: "Racists buy sneakers too".

The big thing is that the police unions provide service to the stadiums (basically you're employing alot of off hours police officers to police the parking lots especially with all the tailgaiting).

NFL owners don't have much leverage there. yeah, you will have the Serpicos who are all for this, but remember he got shot by another cop.

bionic77

The big thing is that the police unions provide service to the stadiums (basically you're employing alot of off hours police offices to police the parking lots especially with all the tailgaiting).

NFL owners don't have much leverage there.
Don't the same unions provide service to the NBA?

Its fucking insane how shitty the people who run the NFL look in comparison to the NBA. I will always kind of hate the Spurs because of my own enlightenment, but at the same time I will always have to respect Pop for the way he said what we were all thinking about Trump.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

They can just stop doing the anthem altogether

Only at American sporting events is it even a thing. You don't have the anthem playing before you watch a movie or a play, at concerts, its not played at sporting events in other countries unless its directly involving national teams

I doubt they'd stop the anthem since it's tradition at this point.

And I don't think the league could dictate to the broadcasters not to show the players kneeling. That would be an extremely heavyhanded move but I suppose it would be less overt than having players come out after the anthem.

Its fucking insane how shitty the people who run the NFL look in comparison to the NBA. I will always kind of hate the Spurs because of my own enlightenment, but at the same time I will always have to respect Pop for the way he said what we were all thinking about Trump.

As great as it was for Pop to say what he did, how many NBA players are Trump supporters? I imagine he gets zero player backlash or drama for speaking out. Meanwhile half (figuratively) the NFL is made up of white players from the SEC. The NFL's fan base is also largely less urban (liberal) and more white since there's a significant crossover with college football fans (who are probably 80% Trumpers). What coach is going to draw a line in the sand like that when there's a cultural war going on in the league?

Did Bionic make this?
IcCnrBZ.jpg

MechDX

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL 9s10 seconds ago
More
Call me as crazy as you want, but looking at the #Browns and their schedule, 7or 8 wins is not out of the question.

My boy Kave is so blessed

Draxal

They do, but NBA crowds are 1/4 the size and the tailgaiting scene is nowhere as big. They are also usually in the cities instead of the suburbs as well so you need more transit cops due to all the highway traffic and less mass transit.

NFL and College football games (well talking the >70k stadiums) are logistical nightmares compared to NBA games.

FMT you asked why would you get an Xbox One X last night. Eurogamer got to go hands on with a bunch of games and they had this to say:

Originally Posted by Eurogamer
Just like Sony, Microsoft has left the door open to developers to do what they want with the hardware, but certainly based on the titles we've seen so far, the delineation between the two models looks far more clear cut - Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen, and anything else in addition to that (like Tomb Raider's multiple rendering modes) is a bonus. It's an impressive early showing then, and with over 100 games set for X enhancements, the chances are we're going to be kept really busy from November 7th onwards.

Sounds like multiplatform games are going to be much better on Xbox and also if you don't have a PC that can run games in 4k then Xbox is the way to go.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hands-on-with-xbox-one-x-at-gamescom-2017

FMT you asked why would you get an Xbox One X last night. Eurogamer got to go hands on with a bunch of games and they had this to say:

Sounds like multiplatform games are going to be much better on Xbox and also if you don't have a PC that can run games in 4k then Xbox is the way to go.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-hands-on-with-xbox-one-x-at-gamescom-2017

i have no doubt it looks better (it is more powerful, it should!) my question was what does it have for me, someone who already has a pspro? how does it provide an additional $500 in value?

MechDX

i have no doubt it looks better (it is more powerful, it should!) my question was what does it have for me, someone who already has a pspro? how does it provide an additional $500 in value?

Neither of those "upgraded consoles" are worth the price they are charging for them. Fuck both MS and Sony

Nintendo is like the complete opposite. Stupidly underpowered console at a premium price. fuck them to

My boy Kave is so blessed
BG... may.. have been right??

Oh my god... pls?

Kinda think that dude is suffering from Hugh Grant syndrome since his girl is way better looking
I don't know what that is Wienke

Heh heh heh
*folds arms and smiles
Yes!!

dutch has been so busy :(

#BlameBae
#HorseGirls

He was supposed to make an announcement yesterday
Damn it Dutch. I have been sitting shirtless for 2 days

MechDX

Patrick Maks‏Verified account @maksimuspatrick 16m16 minutes ago
More
Joe Thomas says DeShone Kizer made a jump in training camp. "DeShone really embodies what it means to be a professional, even as a rookie."

Joe endorsed! And joe knows
a LOT of
QB's

Zeke

Yeah Player's Tribune pieces are mostly rah-rah fluff pieces that don't mean much. I've only read one or two that have actually been insightful. And I think he's just talking about returning to the early 2000s when it was a given the Eagles would win the East. But yeah the NFC East is gonna be crazy. I can see at the end of the season all of the teams being grouped together and the division winner barely cracking 10 wins. From the outside it'll look like the East sucks again but in reality it's just all the teams beating up on each other. Dallas and the Giants are the obvious favorites, and the annual preseason Eagles hype train has started up in the national media so they're starting to get dark horse looks, but everyone's ignoring Washington too. Lost in the shitshow that has been their front office and QB situation is the fact that they quietly had a good offseason in the draft and FA
I assumed he was referring to McNabb era eagles.....fuck the McNabb era eagles >.< I dunno man I think the eagles have a good shot at taking the divison wentz should be improved he has a real WR to throw and you're getting lane back to anchor the line. How's the defense look? I won't buy the skins until after I've seen them play a few games. Giants online could be problematic for them and well cowboys defense is going to so damn bad. Bunch of rookies and suspensions to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom