• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Why weaken one position to maybe improve another. He could have just kept Rowe and Matthews and his 3rd and only lost out on a 4th.
They traded from a position of depth for a position with zero depth. If Darby blows yes it's going to bite him in the ass, but that's any trade.

They traded from a position of depth for a position with zero depth. If Darby blows yes it's going to bite him in the ass, but that's any trade.
How the fuck is wr a position of depth? Matthews was the only good one last year. They got alshon for one year, and Torrey Smith who is nothing. Nelson aghalor might be their 2nd best wr now and there has been a ton of talk about cutting him. This move makes no sense at all.

K-Gun

This is such a bad move by the Bills, I mean it's devastatingly bad unless Watkins health is still in question, just awful. Darby too.

FTF

Obtained the letter from NFL's Todd Jones to Ezekiel Elliott. It cites photographic evidence of three instances of "physical force."

In letter to Zeke Elliott, Todd Jones calls the parade incident "inappropriate and disturbing, and reflected a lack of respect for women."

Zeke also directed to arrange a clinical evaluation by a qualified professional and must undergo counseling if it's deemed necessary.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/896046462467026948

Ok yeah that's bad. Hopefully Zeke learns from this.

Also, wow at that Watkins trade.

effzee

Fuck Dallas. Zeke is an idiot and needs to grow up.

Who is Philly's slot receiver now? Damn the Bills rebuilding hard.

Now, this is all based on camp impressions but apparently, Nelson Agholor has been shining as a slot WR, a spot where he seems to be fitting better rather than a true #1 or #2.

The guy they drafted, Hollins, looked really good last night and could also push for the slot guy.

But basically they are relying heavily on Alshon staying healthy for all 16 games, Torrey Smith to be good #2, and the guys they drafted in Nelson, Hollins, and Breggs to fill in the slot and #3 roles.

Will take time to to process but obviously J. Math is a nice player but not special. Also going to be a FA and unless they planned to resign him and Alshon, he was probably gone this off season. So in that view, they gave up a 3rd round pick for a starting CB (I hope).

Risky considering Alshon's injuries and suspensions but WR is still in much better shape than any other position on the team.

Darby hopefully starts right away. Now if Rasul Douglas and Sidney Jones pan out they could have a pretty good secondary.

This is such a bad move by the Bills, I mean it's devastatingly bad unless Watkins health is still in question, just awful. Darby too.
How in the world is this a bad move for the bills? They get a very good young wr and a pick back for some cb. This seems like an absolute steal for them.

Beach

Like what the Bills did. Sets them up for next years draft well. Can really get whatever QB they want considering the picks they have.

I'm an Eagles fan. Is Darby any good? Assuming he is because of what we gave up, but our luck with CBs has been shit since the Lito/Sheldon era.

Zeke

"pattern of behaviours of disrespecting women" I link a tweeg last page that had the entire league memo
That's the flimiest support of a six game suspension. Shit might as well start suspending players going to titty bars and throwing bills on strippers.

cdyhybrid

How the fuck is wr a position of depth? Matthews was the only good one last year. They got alshon for one year, and Torrey Smith who is nothing. Nelson aghalor might be their 2nd best wr now and there has been a ton of talk about cutting him. This move makes no sense at all.
:jnc Torrey Smith isn't nothing. People forget he can play because he got stuck with a trash head coach in a trash offense last year.

effzee

Well obviously Agholor is not going to be cut now. He isn't a pending FA either.

I think it's :

1. Alshon Jeffries
2. Torrey Smith
3. Agholor
4. Hollins
5. Breggs/Gibson

and starting CBs:

1. Darby
2. Mills
3. Douglas

Well depends on what they are doing.

They still got in return a starting CB and WR plus a 2nd and 3rd round pick. As Mech pointed out, they now have 2 first round, 2 second round, and 2 third round picks in 18. Not bad.

That's the flimiest support of a six game suspension. Shit might as well start suspending players going to titty bars and throwing bills on strippers.

image.php

K-Gun

How in the world is this a bad move for the bills? They get a very good young wr and a pick back for some cb. This seems like an absolute steal for them.

They already had a receiver that was better than Matthews, so it comes down to additional draft picks which are always question marks, and Darby vs Gaines, I would probably take the younger Darby. Bills are a complete shit pile, enjoy the 8 man boxes which you won't option away with Tyrod this season. There's no point in keeping Tyrod or McCoy. Full on tank job. Only upside is the draft picks, everything else is an L.

I have never heard of Darby. Can he really be worth what they got for him?

Was DROY candidate, took a step back last season.

Striker

:jnc Torrey Smith isn't nothing. People forget he can play because he got stuck with a trash head coach in a trash offense last year.
Chip made Riley Cooper look like a legitimate NFL reciever, friend.

Bad QB play and well, he is primarily a deep play guy that Flacco misses dearly.

effzee

I can't tell when you are joking or not. Chip isn't in the league any more and we all know I have strong opinions on this, but Chip made every WR he had either have career #s or look better than they are.

Ask D-Jax, Maclin, Jordan Mathews.

Torrey Smith is the exception. Big year for him to prove if SF was really the terrible team around him or he doesn't have anything left anymore.

MechDX

He pulled a girls top down in public and on camera.... Maybe not 6 games worthy but that is a pretty big deal for a league dealing with womens issues

cdyhybrid

Chip made Riley Cooper look like a legitimate NFL reciever, friend.

Bad QB play and well, he is primarily a deep play guy that Flacco misses dearly.
Nah, that was all Vick/Foles/Sanchize.

Chip made it work with Reid's players but we all saw what happened when he started calling the shots.

Striker

Still better than any CB on the Eagles, great rookie yr, but not as good in the 2nd year.

Les hope he lives up to his potential. 2nd round pick and very young. If Mills, Douglas, and or Jones pan out they could have some really good corners.
Eagles defense is going to be great. Nice to have Engram and BMarsh but it won't mean shit if Cox, Jernigan and Co destroy the line.

Zeke

He pulled a girls top down in public and on camera.... Maybe not 6 games worthy but that is a pretty big deal for a league dealing with womens issues
That's the point tho his susepnsion is ridiculous if they wanted to get him on his flashing incident two games and fine works but six games? Come the fuck on Josh Brown was beating his wife and he got a one game suspension and a one year contract with Mara knowing what he was doing.

JABEE

This all comes down to the Eagles not being interested giving Matthews $11m per year after this season.

I don't know enough about Darby to know if a 3rd and 1 season of Matthews is worth it.

I would like to hear from some Bills fans who watched him every game.

Edit: I guess the clearance Jordan Matthews jersey I bought this summer is useless now.

gutshot

Sad to see JMatt go as I liked him, more as a person than a player. Because let's be honest, he is a good number 2 WR at best. They weren't going to resign him, so trading him is the right move.

I don't know much about Darby, but sounds like he is a good young corner. Which we desperately need right now.

MechDX

That's the point tho his susepnsion is ridiculous if they wanted to get him on his flashing incident two games and fine works but six games? Come the fuck on Josh Brown was beating his wife and he got a one game suspension and a one year contract with Mara knowing what he was doing.

He will appeal it down to 4

Hey you cornered the market in Texas on thugs. I just want one. :(

Brown's wife and local law enforcement did not cooperate with the NFL's investigation. The Brown suspension is a joke, but it's not as cut and dry as you state

Somnia

Honestly not too worried about Zeke's suspension. He'll get it appealed down to 4 and hopefully he'll clean his act up in the future.

Dallas has a good depth in the backfield to run behind that oline, they will be fine. It won't be as good as if Zeke was there, but it will be in the top of the league.

JABEE

The Eagles front-7 is going to be awesome this season. If Darby can slot in, start, and perform right away, that is a huge pick-up.

The writing was on the wall for Matthews though. I was preparing for this day.

I have also been posting stories online all summer about the Elliott situation. It seemed like the Cowboys were going through the offseason like nothing was going to happen. People were saying at worst he was going to get 2 games.

After the Ray Rice incident, Domestic abuse cases were supposed to get 6 games on first offense.

I think everyone just expected the NFL to spare Elliott because he is such a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom