• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Wife is watching this. I don't know any if these except muppets and moneyball.

Al Davis was healthier looking than Angelina Jolie.

jakncoke

Banned
angelina-jolie-oscar-rehearsal.jpg

:me

the oscars are fucking lame. so are the grammys. so are awards shows in general. a bunch of fucking idiots voting on shitty music and shitty movies then all the richards getting together to jerk each other off

bionic77

Not to beat a dead horse, but had Five Guys for the first time in a while today.

The In-N-Out defense force is crazy.

Both defense forces are crazy. Both chains make fast food shit that is only good when you compare it to worse shit like Burger King. Bragging about one chain versus another is like being proud of power rankings.

The best burgers are made at home.

Both defense forces are crazy. Both chains make fast food shit that is only good when you compare it to worse shit like Burger King. Bragging about one chain versus another is like being proud of power rankings.

The best burgers are made at home.

The best burgers I've had we're always at mom n pop hole in the wall type places.

It goes mom n pop burger > home made stuff > five guys >>>>>>>>>>>>>> that burger salad thing they serve at in-n-out

squicken

I am admittedly well out of touch, and with 100% sincerity think Die Hard is one of the 10 best movies ever made, but did a silent movie really win best picture? lol

jakncoke

Banned
Even though I like silent movies, it is a bit strange seeing one happen in this day and age and win a major award. Been meaning to see it, will whenever it hits redbox/netflix

LJ11

Undefeated won, probably going to brave the bed bugs and go watch it.

From the clips, reviews, interviews I've watched it looks really really good. Head coach seems impressive. I'd pay double to watch at home, no bed bug worries!

Talon

Undefeated won, probably going to brave the bed bugs and go watch it.

From the clips, reviews, interviews I've watched it looks really really good. Head coach seems impressive. I'd pay double to watch at home, no bed bug worries!
That thread is going to make me work from home all week.

RBH

Undefeated and The Artist are both hitting Netflix sometime this year, so I might just wait until then.

Undefeated does look pretty intriguing.

mr2xxx

Banned
Just watched the trailer for Undefeated, actually "The Undefeated" The Sarah Palin story FML. Where is the real trailer?
Edit: Found it

MechDX

Ok now for some NFL talk!

The Packers are damn dirty cheaters!

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/228574/football-headlines?r=1

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Packers discussed free agent C Chris Myers with his representatives "in one of the technically illegal but nonetheless widespread meetings" at the Combine.
The Journal-Sentinel's venerable NFL writer, Bob McGinn, insists nearly every re-signing and free agent signing in March "germinates" from the "supposedly illegal cub-agent meetings in Indy." Pro Football Focus' top-rated 2011 center, Myers makes sense for Green Bay as a replacement for fellow under-sized zone-blocker Scott Wells. It's conceivable that sources leaked the talks to tempt Wells into lowering his reported $7.5 million asking price. Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Feb 27 - 12:52 AM

Wellington said:
finally watched Drive last night. Pretty meh to be honest with you.
I'm amazed at how divisive the movie is. I don't think I've read any impressions where someone said "it's pretty good but not incredible". It's either its meh it's overrated or I love it.

Put me in the "love it" category. For the elevator scene alone. People shit on the simplicity of its story but that's exactly what I like about it. It comes down to the performances of the actors (which are all excellent) and the amazing cinematography and soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom