• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

So hard to watch movies with twins.

Much easier to follow a tv show on netflix. I got caught up Workaholics (pretty decent comedy on Comedy Central) and in the last 2 weeks I was watching the first season of Sherlock. Sherlock is pretty kick ass. It is good enough to make up for the plot holes that are almost impossible to avoid for this kind of show. Hope they put up season 2 soon.

eznark

Banned
I need to start watching Sherlock. I keep meaning to but it never happens. With baseball starting this weekend I doubt it will happen at all. Luck, Justified and Alcatraz are all I am able to keep up with and since I watch Luck and Justified while I run and the weather is getting nice so I'll be running outside more I will probably be dropping those as well.

mr2xxx

Banned
So I think the Redskins can go ahead and pencil in LaRon Landry to miss at least 4 games next season

Landry-the-Giant-e1330020579417.jpg

Dudes still got Achilles issues so probably more than that

bionic77

Archer is the best comedy on the air.
I have never seen Archer, but my favorite show with a comedic element is Pysch.

Which is starting again this Wednesday!

I of course will be watching this shit on On Demand and Hulu as time permits. I wish I could get Hulu for free on the iPhone, it is so convenient with netflix to pause on the PS3 and then resume later on your iPhone in some other room. Hulu just being on the laptop is so restrictive and I don't want to pay $10 to every streaming service out there.

bionic77

The day I found out Netflix streams on the iPad I was amazed, then pissed that i'm paying 100 dollars a month for nothing but football.
Yeah cable is a huge ripoff.

I can't wait until we can get everything online and watch it wherever and whenever we want.

Speaking of ripoffs, I highly recommend this product to any GAFFERs who might make a lot of phone calls.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045RMEPI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It is a VOIP you hook up with Google Voice. Free national calls and really cheap rates internationally. We got one of these and cut the plug with AT&T for our landline (which we never used anyways). The quality is much better than a land line too.

Dragon

Banned
The day I found out Netflix streams on the iPad I was amazed, then pissed that i'm paying 100 dollars a month for nothing but football.

If the wife lets you, you could always subscribe to Sunday Ticket through your PS3 and ditch cable. Cable prices are outrageous. I'm paying 50 bucks a month for a 25 MB connection and that's it.

I did it last year and after some serious growing pains Week 1, the quality was acceptable (not HD cable, but the Pats play nationally a lot so I was able to watch them through my antenna).

Bowser

Has this gif of Luck, Cam and RGIII's 40s been posted?:

simul.gif

RGIII is a damn beast...his form is leagues better than both Luck and Cam as well (must be that track pedigree).

edit: also one with Rich Eisen getting a 10yd head start and still getting owned :jnc

rich_medium.gif

Wrayfield

RGIII is a damn beast...his form is leagues better than both Luck and Cam as well (must be that track pedigree).

I want Miami to trade up to grab him. It's always a risk if he pans out from a passing perspective, but that speed...

That ain't gonna happen though, we'll probably give away plenty of draft picks for some guy who had one good game :(

squicken

Luck is still pretty fast.

lol?

Luck is an amazing athlete. His broad jump and vertical were very impressive. Really explosive lower half. Oddly the only knock on him seems to be he might not have a cannon arm

Hill from GT is going to be really interesting. Almost no tape b/c he caught so few passes out of option offense, but is exactly whay you want physically from a WR. What I don't get is people getting floored by Floyd's workout. He dropped a lot of weight. Of course he's going to run fast. But he's going to have to bulk up again for the rigors of the season. How fast will he be then?

jakncoke

Banned
I've read several articles that said Rams are going to be able to cash a ticket for RGIII sweepstakes from some qb needy team, I don't think they do personally. I think if there is a trade up top its Vikings cashing in. My reasons, Rams are more than likely going for Kalil and Vikings are right before Browns who will eat RGIII at 4, so anyone after Brownies is going to try and jump them to get them if a trade is going to happen.

eznark

Banned
I've read several articles that said Rams are going to be able to cash a ticket for RGIII sweepstakes from some qb needy team, I don't think they do personally. I think if there is a trade up top its Vikings cashing in. My reasons, Rams are more than likely going for Kalil and Vikings are right before Browns who will eat RGIII at 4, so anyone after Brownies is going to try and jump them to get them if a trade is going to happen.

I think the Rams will be thrilled with either Kalil, Reif or Blackmon, so they will be happy to trade down a few spots if it means another second or third round pick.

mr2xxx

Banned
Morning nfl-age. Once against fuck all yall teams, Go Steelers.

I hope Harrison skull fucks you, oh and good morning BTW. I'll pray the Browns get Matt Flynn before the draft to make it easier for the Skins to aquire RGIII, if not I'll go cry into a corner as Grossman, Manning or whatever horrible choice the Skins makes leads us to another mediocre season.

jakncoke

Banned
lol Stephen Hill led the 2010 Yellow Jackets with a mere 15 catches. Also i know Georgia Tech is known for either running out of the triple option or basically fuck it going deep mentality but its rather funny that Reggie Ball in 2003 is the last qb to have the most attempts for them and finish the season with a 50%+ completion pct and even then it was only 51.7%

RBH

Stephen Hill may be a combine freak, but he had a habit of dropping quite a few wide open, catchable passes at Georgia Tech.

Just something to keep in mind.

jakncoke

Banned
I think the Rams will be thrilled with either Kalil, Reif or Blackmon, so they will be happy to trade down a few spots if it means another second or third round pick.

Yeah the Rams will be happy but going by the points chart and even if that isn't the end all be all, there is still a big jump from 2nd to 3rd pick. A team could still get RGIII and not have to give up quite as much is my thinking. Unless the Rams derp and don't use this clear position of power to rape a qb needy team.

squicken

It all depends on what they are offered. If they can now really get more than CLE's two first round picks, then they aren't picking at #2. I'd almost rather trade down into the 10-15 area, as I think Kalil, Luck, and Griffin are a clear tier above the next group.

#4 isn't that enticing And Blackmon isn't anywhere near worth a top 10 pick imo. It's not just about measurables, but there is a threshold at every position, and he's not fast or tall enough

Greg

Stephen Hill may be a combine freak, but he had a habit of dropping quite a few wide open, catchable passes at Georgia Tech.

Finley made it into the Hall of Fame, so I'm sure Hill will be fine.

Bowser

I distinctly remember him dropping a WIDE OPEN sure TD pass (literally, there was no one within a 15-yd radius of him) in the UNC/Ga. Tech game last year that would have put the game away for good. Ga. Tech still pulled it out, but if the Heels had come back and won, that drop would have been plastered all over SC.

jakncoke

Banned
I distinctly remember him dropping a WIDE OPEN sure TD pass (literally, there was no one within a 15-yd radius of him) in the UNC/Ga. Tech game last year that would have put the game away for good. Ga. Tech still pulled it out, but if the Heels had come back and won, that drop would have been plastered all over SC.

so he pulled a Sweed eh, fuck Limas Sweed. I hope he's working 10 hours a week at a gas station in New Jersey.

eznark

Banned
I hope Harrison skull fucks you, oh and good morning BTW. I'll pray the Browns get Matt Flynn before the draft to make it easier for the Skins to aquire RGIII, if not I'll go cry into a corner as Grossman, Manning or whatever horrible choice the Skins makes leads us to another mediocre season.

I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think Jason Wilde is a great source of info, but he is usually somewhat correct and is loathe to report on stuff that he doesn't feel is almost iron clad. If he thinks THompson isn't willing to bend the spirit of the franchise tag rule, then I probably believe him.

Yeah the Rams will be happy but going by the points chart and even if that isn't the end all be all, there is still a big jump from 2nd to 3rd pick. A team could still get RGIII and not have to give up quite as much is my thinking. Unless the Rams derp and don't use this clear position of power to rape a qb needy team.

Jeff Fisher probably wants as many impact players as he can get, charts be damned. You also have to look at it in relation to what they would be picking. If they think Kalil and Reif are close enough to be a toss-up, I doubt they'll care much what the points chart says in terms of 2nd v. 4th or 5th or whatever.

Dontari Poe. 6’5 346lbs ran a 4.87. Deacon is going ape shit.:)

Apparently Coughlin was at the 10 yard line instead of his regular seat for the defensive line drills. i.e. you'd be silly to think the Giants won't consider a Dtackle at 32.

Bowser

Dontari Poe. 6’5 346lbs ran a 4.87. Deacon is going ape shit.:)

Apparently Coughlin was at the 10 yard line instead of his regular seat for the defensive line drills. i.e. you'd be silly to think the Giants won't consider a Dtackle at 32.

Do you guys have a big need there? I know you've got Marvin Austin coming back from injury...

Bowser said:
Do you guys have a big need there? I know you've got Marvin Austin coming back from injury...
No. It wouldn't matter anyway. Reese places a premium on these guys and if there's a lineman at 32 that's BPA, he'll take him. Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin and we've got depth with Jamie Kennedy and Rocky Bernard (both of which can be brought back cheap) are the current roster.

Technically, we didn't have a need when JPP or Marvin Austin were drafted either. If Poe or Fletcher Cox are there are 32, book it.;)

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think Jason Wilde is a great source of info, but he is usually somewhat correct and is loathe to report on stuff that he doesn't feel is almost iron clad. If he thinks THompson isn't willing to bend the spirit of the franchise tag rule, then I probably believe him.

Doesn't really matter anyway, we are going to have to trade up to get him. The question is what is going to be required to get him? This years 1st,2nd and next years 1st is probably around what it would take maybe a little more.

Bowser

No. It wouldn't matter anyway. Reese places a premium on these guys and if there's a lineman at 32 that's BPA, he'll take him. Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin and we've got depth with Jamie Kennedy and Rocky Bernard (both of which can be brought back cheap) are the current roster.

Technically, we didn't have a need when JPP or Marvin Austin were drafted either. If Poe or Fletcher Cox are there are 32, book it.;)

I actually wouldn't be opposed to the Panthers drafting Poe...might be a reach at 9, but if we could trade back and get him in the mid-to-late teens, I'd be all for it.

edit: Just saw the Chargers plan to release DT Luis Castillo...considering who our HC is, and our need at the position, I wouldn't be surprised to see us scoop him up. Would change our draft plans as well..

Jeeze I hope so.

Bowser said:
I actually wouldn't be opposed to the Panthers drafting Poe...might be a reach at 9, but if we could trade back and get him in the mid-to-late teens, I'd be all for it.
44 bench on him, too. Haven't seen the other numbers as of yet but he looks to be having a good combine.

My hope is that teams reach for QB's (and WR's) like last years draft and it pushes some of these guys like Cordy Glenn and Poe down.

eznark

Banned
44 bench on him, too. Haven't seen the other numbers as of yet but he looks to be having a good combine.

My hope is that teams reach for QB's (and WR's) like last years draft and it pushes some of these guys like Cordy Glenn and Poe down.

Still won't get past the Pats and Packers.

eznark said:
Still won't get past the Pats and Packers.
Or Steelers as mentioned. One can hope though.....

EDIT: Oh and Vontaze Burfict on his 2011 season:

"The coaches kind of messed me up, like, I didn't know if I was going to start a game, I didn't know if I was going to be benched," he said. "So, it hurt me at times, but I tried to fight through it."

So you can't handle being shuffled in and out of a line up?

On punching a guy...

"He hit me (during drills), and we had a little argument," Burfict said. "We started chatting about it (in the locker room). We started, you know, rough housing. He pushed me and my first instinct was to swing, and everybody thinks I'm a bad guy because my instinct was to swing.

"I learned from it," Burfict later said. "... I'm a softspoken guy. Shy sometimes. But when I'm on the field, I just hate to lose."

Lulz. I'm a bad guy cause my first instinct is to swing? NO WAY.

Helping that draft stock one sentence at a time.

jakncoke

Banned
Insane. Yes, the Rams will absolutely trade down. I don't think there is a single player in this draft worth that.

Yeah you're betting a lot of your future on one player if you give up that. Going to laugh if/when this happens and if/when RGIII doesn't live up and sending Redskins into more mediocrity. Remember when Ditka and Saints gave up an entire draft or close to it to get Ricky Williams lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom