• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread: "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think the game has passed him by.

yZbru.jpg

MechDX

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8542447

Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description.

Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but I'm told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business. And don't underplay the competitiveness between Peyton and Eli -- it "does" matter that Eli has two Super Bowl rings to his one.

This is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen.

A big factor is Peyton's arm strength and right now he's still not back to what he was, but it's early. And then there's Matt Schaub to factor in as well.

All that aside, be it a long shot or reality, I know for a fact that he does have a definite interest in the Texans.

Dont see this happening. Kubiak and McNair love Schaub and will give him every chance and then some to come back from his injury.

MechDX

Peyton to AJ? Scary.

Peyton to AJ, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Arian Foster, Joel Dreesen, FA #2 WR ......combined with dat o-line whose left tackle didnt allow a sack in over 220 snaps and throttled T Suggs and broke James Harrisons face. And a defense that just swarms opposing QB's with tons of pressure.

Wont happen though.

Peyton to AJ, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Arian Foster, Joel Dreesen, FA #2 WR ......combined with dat o-line whose left tackle didnt allow a sack in over 220 snaps and throttled T Suggs and broke James Harrisons face. And a defense that just swarms opposing QB's with tons of pressure.

Wont happen though.

Manning would find a way to choke the game away, rest assured.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If Pey-Pey is healthy, he's got another 3-4 years, max. He's going to want a ring. The Texans and Niners offer the best chance at that in the immediate future.

He'll probably end up in Miami.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He did it after going to New York and I don't think Peyton's going to go that route.

Ted filed tampering charges against Chilly and the Queens, he wasn't about toilet him go in-division.

So unless the Colts GM is a dummy, Peyton won't either.

Irsay is a fucking idiot. He's proven that by the entire handling of Peyton's situation. Absolutely nothing Manning has done should be causing Irsay to throw jabs at the guy who made your franchise successful again. He's not bitching to the media. He's not retiring/unretiring. He's just trying to prove that he's healthy.

Fuck Irsay and fuck the Colts.

PFF's write-up on top 20 and worst 20 tackling Corners in 2011. They go pretty hard at the Eagles Corner trio who were all in the bottom 20 list (reinforcing the Eagles as one of the worst tackling teams in the league in one of their earlier articles). Some shout outs to some quality tacklers including some surprising names like Kareem Jacksonwho I know is much maligned by Texans GAF. Worth a rad:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/12/2011-tackling-the-cornerbacks/

BigAT

Honest question. In ten years, would it really shock anybody if Tebow came out of the closet?

I said this to a friend a few months ago. His mannerisms and the way he speaks, sometimes he comes off as a subtly gay guy. Plus the story of the guy that is struggling with his sexuality and becomes overly religious to try to avoid seems to happen so frequently, it's almost cliche.

RBH

PFF's write-up on top 20 and worst 20 tackling Corners in 2011. They go pretty hard at the Eagles Corner trio who were all in the bottom 20 list (reinforcing the Eagles as one of the worst tackling teams in the league in one of their earlier articles). Some shout outs to some quality tacklers including some surprising names like Kareem Jacksonwho I know is much maligned by Texans GAF. Worth a rad:

Not surprised at all that there are 3 Bucs players in the bottom 20. From the Bucs games I saw this year, there was some absolutely horrid tackling involved.

Troll

Banned

Champ Baily in the bottom 20?

funny-gifs-thanks-laughing-mantis.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom