• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 announced, new features detailed

This is, what, the fifth year in a row they've mentioned this new feature? Sure feels like it.

Yeah I know right? At least they've shown that they mo-capped actual goalies doing saves and movements and shit. I hope to god they programmed the goalies to actually hug the fucking posts.

The other thing I want is TWO fucking DRs for EASHL. Seriously. What if we have a club of 10 people? Have two games going at the same time that is 5v5. Sounds great to me. But yeah EA...

The really bad bugs they don't bother fixing in the last few games has been ridiculous. I've only recently gotten back in playing the NHL series (15 and 16) but the bugs they don't fix and in fact introduce with patches is beyond pale. How can they not fix these bugs:

NHL 15: Pulling your goalie will result in the goalie getting stuck half way between the bench and net, turning to go back to net, then back to bench, back to net, in an infinite loop. The goalie will start doing it again sometimes even after the other team scores on you. They introduced that in a Dec update I believe, wasn't fixed.

NHL 16: Playing online teams in EASHL drop in (and most likely other online modes too) the game fails to start getting stuck on the waiting screen at least 50% of the time. The games eventually time out and by time all is said and done you've wasted 7 or so minutes of your life you won't get back.

I noticed an increase of people pausing the game before it started and was getting annoyed by it, until someone in voice chat mentioned that if this works the game will usually load and work fine. How is it possible that the game is so broken it takes a pause to get the online team play to work? This has been an issue for months, or maybe even since the game launched and nope, no fix.

If someone from EA would comment on why I should continue to support this franchise given the apparent lack of support for it I would love to hear from them. I find it laughable that they update HUT crap every few days but can't find the time to fix fundamental issues with the game's online play. (Yes I know updating some HUT cards is easier than fixing broken online).

weekev

Banned
No thread for the Beta launch? Just started playing it tonight after a layoff of about 8 years. Seems OK gameplay wise. Thinking about dropping money on this when it comes out.

The Team Creator is stupidly indepth.

I think there's something very appealing about being able to create a team, their stadium and then trying to build a roster. I was mostly pulling ex-Belfast Giants from the free agents list and Hamburg Freezers (I assume) from DEL. All in all, I'm impressed with that aspect.

I like how the level up system for your player is not limited to classes anymore. Whatever you do with any class will add up the whole sum of everything, not just the specific class/build you're playing.

No beta thread?

Here, have an angry Slovakian bear.

Co7YEWAVYAAWbUW.jpg:orig

Top Bottom