• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2004 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Starts at Noon Eastern on TSN time I think. Could be some trades (and the rumour the Caps want to deal the #1 pick won't go away) with the labour uncertainty, and with the Russian HF threatening to stop allowing transfers it could get pretty weird - some teams may elect to not bother drafting mid-lvl Russian prospects as high. The top guy will still go 1-2 of course. I hope Cam Barker goes third, just because I've seen him play here a few years ago.

As usual, TSN.ca has the best draft info, including a terrifying (for Flames fans) ability to look through all draft picks from the past few years. Slam.ca has the typically funny Mock Draft going on, where they force themselves to forget that NHL teams know damn well that drafting a LW because you needed one last year is about the stupidest thing you can possibly do. Most teams take the best guy available, period and who cares what they "need". It'll be 4-7 years before most of the guys taken tomorrow are taking regular minutes in the NHL, so just because some team has got an aging goalie now doesn't mean they'll skip 3 much better forwards to take a goalie. Well, they will if their GM is Mike Milbury, but most won't. Fans, and I'm definitely guilty too, just can't watch the draft without looking for guys available to help what they perceive to be weaknesses in the club right now.

Sadly, Bertuzzi getting charged was enough to snap cnnsi out of it's weeks long lethargy and they changed their NHL frontpage before I had a chance to bookmark their hilarious giant closeup of Ovechkins acne scarred mug.

As a bonus, here's a link to the most baffling and outright stupid article yet printed about the impending lockout. No surprise, it's by a Toronto hockey columnist. Surprise, it's not Al Strachan. Instead it's Damian Cox taking a good long hit from the pipe. I love columnists doing those filler pieces when they start off with some vague point and spin it off into a wild conclusion pulled straight out of their ass... only to end up in the last paragraph admitting that the whole thing probably won't happen.

Here's slam.ca's mock draft courtesy of the fine folks at McKeen's. If it lasts 2 picks I'll be surprised, but the whole top 10 is so weird because I can't imagine 2 goalies going that high.
Draft Position -- Selection -- Team -- Pos. -- H/W

1 -- Alexander Ovechkin Washington LW 6-2, 200
Many experts in Russia have said that Ovechkin is the country's finest junior-aged player since Vladimir Krutov. An all-tool force, Ovechkin is a goal scorer who shows splendid two-way upside. He is virtually untradeable.

2 -- Evgeny Malkin -- Pittsburgh -- C -- 6-3, 190
A fine consolation prize for the Penguins who cannot complain after losing out on the top prize. A creative and mature forward, Malkin is the man who will be Mario's successor to carry this team for the next 15 or so years. We consider him to be the smartest player in the draft.

3 -- Cam Barker -- Chicago -- D -- 6-3, 215
The Blackhawks are in a difficult situation, as they wanted Ovechkin, but now have no chance of obtaining him, unless they give up the farm to the Capitals. The word is that the gifted, physical rearguard Cam Barker would be their man here, but don't be surprised if they take the powerful centerman Rostislav Olesz.

4 -- Rostislav Olesz -- Columbus -- C -- 6-1, 200
The complete package of size and skill would compliment Rick Nash and Nikolai Zherdev well at the pivot position. We feel that Olesz has the best vision of the eligible players at the draft and possesses a spacious body to dominate along the boards.

5 -- Al Montoya -- Phoenix -- G -- 6-2, 190
The talk of the grapevine is that Montoya is a wanted man and the Coyotes, despite already having netminder David LeNeveu in the system, are the prime candidate to select him. Montoya is a butterfly goalie with cat-like instincts and excellent competitive nature.

6 -- Marek Schwarz -- New York Rangers -- G -- 6-0, 180
Do not be surprised if the Rangers work something out with the Coyotes to draft Montoya, but Schwarz is even better in our books. The acrobatic goalie has been compared to Dominik Hasek in terms of his style and Dan Blackburn's injury woes have been a cause for concern.

7 -- A. J. Thelen -- Florida -- D -- 6-3, 210
Iron Mike Keenan likes North American kids and Thelen would drastically improve Florida's lack of prime blueline talent. This is a player who has shown the propensity to dominate both ends of the ice, exhibiting outstanding puckhandling and physical upside.

8 -- Lauri Tukonen -- -- Carolina -- LW -- 6-2, 200
Supreme Finn offers a pedigree of great size, superb wheels and excellent puck skills. Tukonen exhibits a budding power game that would complement last year's pick Eric Staal well on the wing.

9 -- Andrew Ladd -- Anaheim -- LW -- 6-2, 210
The Ducks need engine-room guys with size and bite and Ladd provides plenty of all-around spunk. He is smart, aggressive and gelled well with Ryan Getzlaf in Calgary, so it only makes sense for Anaheim to unite the duo.

10 -- Drew Stafford -- Atlanta -- C -- 6-2, 210
A big, very versatile two-way forward plays with power and speed. The centerman would shore up the Thrashers' depth up the middle, although he does not offer tremendous offensive upside. A Joe Nieuwendyk-type pick is a winner.

11 -- Andrej Meszaros -- Los Angeles -- D -- 6-2, 190
Talented Slovaks have been good fits in the Kings' system before, so why break the trend? Meszaros provides requisite size and youth for the blueline ranks and has impressive puckmoving upside. Look for them to possibly trade up to select one of the two top goalies.

12 -- Alexandre Picard -- Minnesota -- LW -- 6-2, 190
Acquiring top-line skill should be paramount for the Wild and Picard is a gifted sniper. There is every reason to believe that he will be a good fit with the Lemaire system due to good two-way work ethic and goal scoring drive.

13 -- Boris Valabik -- Buffalo -- D -- 6-7, 210
6-foot-7, 210 pounds of pure meanness. The Sabres badly need a strong young rearguard to alleviate the feebleness of their blueline depth and Valabik fits the bill. Although his offensive upside is not tremendous, Valabik is an old-fashioned defensive nightmare for opposing forwards.

14 -- Alexander Radulov -- Edmonton -- RW -- 6-1, 175
The goal for the Oilers in this draft is to stack up on skill and Radulov is the best pure talent available here. It is important to note that Edmonton has taken forwards with its first pick every year since 1990. They could draft a goalie, but would most likely trade up or down to do so.

15 -- Robbie Schremp -- Nashville -- C -- 5-11, 200
Badly need a skilled forward, preferably a center and Schremp could still be around at this juncture. Although a wonderful playmaker and a potentially great scorer, Schremp has seen his stock drop after a tumultuous season.

16 -- Mike Green -- New York Islanders -- D -- 6-1, 195
Have not selected a rearguard with their first pick since Wade Redden in 1995 and the position has suddenly become a glaring weakness. There is a lack of big-name talent on the blueline depth chart, so either Green or Ladislav Smid could be taken here. We see Green as a better bet.

17 -- Wojtek Wolski -- St Louis -- LW -- 6-3, 200
They need forwards and goalies and Wolski is a savvy, offensively gifted winger who would be an ideal fit. One of the best skaters in the draft, Wolski impresses with great knowledge of the offensive zone.

18 -- Bruce Graham -- Montreal -- C -- 6-6, 220
Habs desire to add more size and Graham is a huge centerman with excellent offensive range. Although a project, Graham is a competitive player with excellent puck skills, but needs to add meanness and moxie.

19 -- Kyle Chipchura -- Calgary -- C -- 6-2, 200
Darryl Sutter is high on players who exhibit grit, character, size and scoring potential. A mobile center, Chipchura is a blazing fast skater who excels at sharing the puck at full speed. He uses his size well and sticks his nose into traffic.

20 -- Ladislav Smid -- Dallas -- D -- 6-3, 205
Selecting a defenseman makes the most sense here for the Stars, who recently let go of the struggling Martin Vagner. Smid is a mobile rearguard who stands out due to deadly accurate playmaking skills and impression vision.

21 -- Jakub Sindel -- Colorado -- C -- 6-0, 175
Colorado's organizational depth is at an all-time low and many of the team's stars are on their way out. Sindel is a slight, but skilled forward who shows plenty of scoring upside. There is some Milan Hejduk in him.

22 -- Cory Schneider -- New Jersey -- G -- 6-2, 195
The Devils would like to add scoring wingers and a blue-chip blueliner, but the underrated Schneider is a potential number one goalie and New Jersey rarely passes up on these kinds of picks. Ari Ahonen is in the system, but we don't see them drafting for need here.

23 -- Wes O'Neill -- Ottawa -- D -- 6-4, 215
Ottawa is stacked on forward prospects, so the clear need here is on the blueline. O'Neill is a big, gifted and physically mature rearguard who displayed good poise in his freshman college campaign. The kind of player who requires time, but could pay big dividends.

24 -- Roman Voloshenko -- New York Rangers -- LW -- 6-1, 190
A lack of scoring forwards on the depth chart may persuade New York's scouts to select Voloshenko who has been highly productive at every level of competition so far. He has
outstanding hands and offensive instincts, but is only an average skater.

25 -- Lauri Korpikoski -- Edmonton -- LW -- 6-0, 175
The flashy Finn would be a perfect fork in the road for a team in search of forwards who can skate and score. Although a bit of a late bloomer, Korpikoski had a monster second half, dominating with excellent shiftiness and soft hands.

26 -- Devan Dubnyk -- Vancouver -- G -- 6-5, 195
Alex Auld looks poised to take over as Vancouver's starting goalie in the near future, but Vancouver is thin on talented young goalies thereafter. Like Auld, Dubnyk is tall and poised, as well as one of the more competitive players in this draft class.

27 -- Johan Fransson -- Washington -- D -- 6-1, 180
Although Washington has good prospects at each position, blueline is still a considerable weakness and this is where a guy like Fransson would come in. He is a year older than most of the eligibles, but has established himself as a solid pro defender in Sweden and has above-average puck moving upside.

28 -- Viktor Alexandrov -- San Jose -- RW -- 5-11, 185
The Sharks have made surprise selections in the past and Alexandrov is a wildcard due to a lack of exposure. The son of former Soviet star Boris Alexandrov, Viktor is a shifty winger with deceptive quickness and excellent understanding of the game.

29 -- Petteri Nokelainen -- Washington -- C -- 6-1, 190
Played on the high-octane Finnish Under-18 line with the 'Lauries' (Korpikoski and Tukonen) and served as a physical energy forward with surprising offensive gumption. After previous selections of Alexander Semin and Eric Fehr, the Capitals could use a gritty type.

30 -- Dave Bolland -- Tampa Bay --C --5-11, 170
While he would not be described as a sniper, Bolland proved that he can bury the puck this year with the high-scoring London Knights. Tampa Bay is stacked with assertive, two-way prospects in Alex Polushin and Evgeni Artukhin and Bolland would provide a greater goal-scoring aptitude while also excelling in his own end of the ice.

dem

Who's mock draft is that? Yours?

I cant imagine the Oilers picking Radulov for the exact reason you said earlier... Russians looking for a huge transfer fee.

darscot

After about 10 it's a crap shoot. I don't expect Van to take a goalie if there is any player left at any position that is better.

Malakhov

Banned
Crap Shoot? There's plenty of talent left after the top ten picks but it's anyone's guess as to wich order they'll be picked.

Malakhov

Banned
The past few years the overall first picks werent crapshoots.

Rick Nash, Kovalchuk etc.. And Ovechkin is a sure bet. I never figured why the penguins picked Fleury instead of Heatley but oh well.

calder

To compare to McKeen's here's TSN's mock draft. They say rightout that since they aren't predicting trades it's pretty much meaningless. Yet still fun to look at and debate with yourself.

# -- Team --Selection
1 -- WASHINGTON -- ALEXANDER OVECHKIN, C, Dynamo Moscow
Washington's nightmarish season ends with a bright future in this future franchise player.

2 -- PITTSBURGH -- EVGENY MALKIN, LW, Magnitogorsk
The Pens took a punch in the stomach dropping to No. 2, but Malkin is more than adequate as compensation.

3 -- CHICAGO -- CAM BARKER, D, Medicine Hat (WHL)
Barker will one day add depth to a plethora of young prospects on the blueline.

4 -- COLUMBUS -- ANDREW LADD, LW, Calgary (WHL)
With Zherdev and Nash's stock rising, Ladd will only make the Blue Jackets' better up front.

5 -- PHOENIX -- LAURI TUKONEN, RW, Espoo
The Finnish power forward will add a lot of size tothe Coyotes lineup in the future.

6 -- NY RANGERS -- ROSTISLAV OLESZ, C, HC Vitkovice
If Lindros and Messier are gone, everyone else moves up a notch and the Rangers should stock up on centres.

7 -- FLORIDA -- WOJTEK WOLSKI, C, Brampton (OHL)
The Panthers would be getting a solid power forward, but don't be surprised if GM Mike Keenan deals the pick.

8 -- CAROLINA -- LADISLAV SMID, D, Liberec
The curent defence is not getting any younger, and Smid could one day fill in the holes.

9 -- ANAHEIM -- DREW STAFFORD, RW, North Dakota (NCAA)
The Ducks would be getting a character forward with good offensive upside.

10 -- ATLANTA -- ANDREJ MESZAROS, D, Dukla Trencin
Braydon Coburn is their lone blue-chipper on defence so Atlanta could give him some company.

11 -- LOS ANGELES -- AL MONTOYA, G, Michigan (NCAA)
They could use some depth in net, and Montoya could one day reunite with Michigan teammate Jeff Tambellini.

12 -- MINNESOTA -- MAREK SCHWARZ, G, Trinec
Dwayne Roloson is already 34 and Schwarz could one day take the reins with the Wild.

13 -- BUFFALO -- A.J. THELEN, D, Michigan St. (NCAA)
Regier's trend of taking college prospects could continue - Thelen's big and could work well on the power play.

14 -- EDMONTON -- ALEXANDRE PICARD, LW, Lewiston (QMJHL)
The two-way forward has solid offensive potential and would be a goo long-term project in Edmonton.

15 -- NASHVILLE -- ROBBIE SCHREMP, C, London (OHL)
The Predators could use a big offensive playmaking centre, and Schremp could fit the bill.

16 -- NY ISLANDERS -- BORIS VALABIK, D, Kitchener (OHL)
Valabik is the biggest skater available in the draft, and could be a big, physical addition to the Isles' blueline.

17 -- ST LOUIS -- ALEXANDER RADULOV, RW, Tver
With aging wingers in the lineup, the Blues could be replenished with some young scorers.

18 -- MONTREAL -- KYLE CHIPCHURA, C, Prince Albert (WHL)
They need size and toughness at centre. The No. 1 North Amercian skater at the halfway mark could provide that.

19 -- CALGARY -- ENVER LISIN, Saratov
Lisin would add more speed to the Flames' offence.

20 -- DALLAS -- PETTERI NOKELAINEN, RW, Saipa Lappeenranta
Nokelainen could join prospect Jussi Jokinen, Antti Miettinen and Jere Lehtinen in a Finnish Connection one day.

21 -- COLORADO -- LAURI KORPIKOSKI, F, Turku
The Avalanche could stand to re-stock on skilled forwards.

22 --NEW JERSEY -- DEVAN DUBNYK, G, Kamloops (WHL)
Dubnyk's stock rose with a great performance at the World Under-18s.

23 --OTTAWA -- JEFF SCHULTZ, D, Calgary (WHL)
Could one day join fellow WHL blueline grads Wade Redden, Zdeno Chara and Chris Phillips.

24 -- NY RANGERS (1) -- MIKE GREEN, D, Saskatoon (WHL)
Fedor Tyutin and Thomas Pock are the lone prospects on defence, so the Rangers could add some more depth.

25 -- EDMONTON (2) -- DAVE BOLLAND, C, London (OHL)
Could give the Oilers the playmaking centre they need.

26 -- VANCOUVER -- LUKAS KASPAR, RW, Moose Jaw (WHL)
Kaspar could fit the Canucks' offence well as a good passer with a heavy shot.

27 --WASHINGTON (3) -- ROMAN VOLOSHENKO, LW, Soviet Wings
Voloshenko could one day be on a line with that Ovechkin guy.

28 --SAN JOSE -- JAKUB SINDEL, C, Sparta Praha
A finesse, playmaking centre.

29 -- WASHINGTON (4) -- JOHAN FRANSSON, D, Lulea
The Caps' defence was gutted out season, leaving room to take younger blueliners.

30 -- TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING (5) -- BRUCE GRAHAM, C, Moncton (QMJHL)
Graham should be a solid two-way player.

(1) from Toronto, (2) from Philadelphia, (3) from Boston, (4) from Detroit.

If I did a mock draft it would have the Caps dealing their pick to Florida or maybe flipping with Columbus. I wonder if having Sidney Crosby available next year will influence the Caps or Pens to trade on the theory they can get a lottery pick next year instead.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That would be pure idiocy on the part of the Capitals or Pittsburgh. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - and who is to say that they'll get the 1st pick in the next draft?

dem

Malakhov said:
The past few years the overall first picks werent crapshoots.

Rick Nash, Kovalchuk etc.. And Ovechkin is a sure bet. I never figured why the penguins picked Fleury instead of Heatley but oh well.

Rick Nash wasnt the consensus #1... and neither was Kovalchuk.

And the Pens didnt pick Fleury instead of Heatley... Heatley was drafted in 2000. Maybe youre thinking of the Isles/Dipietro.

calder

That would be pure idiocy on the part of the Capitals or Pittsburgh. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - and who is to say that they'll get the 1st pick in the next draft?

True, but teams like the Pens have to be worried about not getting Malkin out of Russia at all without paying a mill to his Russian team. He won't be there next year anyway (and there won't be a next year) but even if there is a season the Pens *will* suck very hard again. Why not deal the potential headache of the second pick, take some young talent back, and then almost certainly get Crosby? The Pens are broke enough that spending a million dollars extra on a transfer would be a big deal to them.

I see Ovechkin as a total package, like a more rugged Kovalchuk with defensive skill. But Crosby definitely projects as a pure, lights-out offensive superstar who should/could end up being a step above Malkin.

Malakhov

Banned
calder said:
True, but teams like the Pens have to be worried about not getting Malkin out of Russia at all without paying a mill to his Russian team. He won't be there next year anyway (and there won't be a next year) but even if there is a season the Pens *will* suck very hard again. Why not deal the potential headache of the second pick, take some young talent back, and then almost certainly get Crosby? The Pens are broke enough that spending a million dollars extra on a transfer would be a big deal to them.

I see Ovechkin as a total package, like a more rugged Kovalchuk with defensive skill. But Crosby definitely projects as a pure, lights-out offensive superstar who should/could end up being a step above Malkin.

Malkin responds!

I don’t think this will be an issue, because in my contract with Magnitogorsk hockey team I have a paragraph, and the team promised me that if I sign a contract with the NHL and decide to go to the NHL, they will not cause any troubles with my departure.

calder

Quiet Malkin, what do you know! ;)

Oh, I haven't posted anything about it yet but let me say now that if the Sens sign Hasek I will not leave the Sens bandwagon, I will catapult out of the bandwagon like a fucking rocket. It is funny how the Sens are trying to deal Bonk, only 4 years too late.

dem

Maxwell House said:
Kovalchuk was most definitely a consensus #1 overall pick.
Not really.... I remember people being pretty split on Spezza/Kovalchuk going into the draft.

calder

Willco said:
Capitals suck.

Have you considered just moving to a city with better teams overall, rather than just trying to glom onto one basketball team? You can move to Boston or something. Sure, the Bruins struggle with even mediocre expectations every spring, and the Celtics aren't exactly "good", but compared to the Caps it's still a big step up.

Spezza was considered the #1 best talent about half a year before the draft but Kovalchuk came on hard. By the time the draft rolled around every publication and GM said Kovalchuk was unquestionably the best talent in the draft. There wasn't any real question who should be picked first when the draft occured.

Malakhov

Banned
Kovalchuk was definetly the #1 pick before the draft no doubt about it. Just like Ovechkin and Malkin this year, sure Malkin got it all too, but Ovechkin is the clear #1.

dem

It wasnt like Malkin/Ovechkin at all. Spezza was hyped as the number one pick years before the draft. I bet there would have been atleast 10 gms who would have taken Spezza first overall instead of Kovalchuk.
But whatever... =P

Malakhov

Banned
I'm talking before the trade and yes it's the same:

A clear #1 (Kovalchuk and Ovechkin)
And a #2 (Spezza and Malkin)

Malakhov

Banned
It was even so clear that Kovalchuk was the #1 pick that a few teams including the Habs tried to get the first pick to get Kovalchuk by offering a package.

I'm glad Atlanta refused though!

Willco

Hollywood Square
calder said:
Have you considered just moving to a city with better teams overall, rather than just trying to glom onto one basketball team? You can move to Boston or something. Sure, the Bruins struggle with even mediocre expectations every spring, and the Celtics aren't exactly "good", but compared to the Caps it's still a big step up.

The Washington area has a fantastic football team and a baseball organization rich in heritage not too far away. And Maryland has a fantastic college program that I adore. Boston sucks, btw.

Kefkaff

Banned
The Canes really need a winger, hopefully they can get a good decent one. As scoring isn't their forte. Their D and Goaltending is above average, simply cuz of Weekes, but they got rid of Irbe and are stuck with Storr for backup... ugh.

Malakhov

Banned
Uh the Canes got Martin Gerber this week from the Mighty Ducks in exchange of Tomas Malec and the Cane's 3rd pick in tomorrow's draft.

Wouldn't suprise me if they end up trading Weekes.

dem

Asked yesterday if he was getting nervous, Ovechkin replied, "A little bit," while taking a moment from his chores at a suburban rink, where he took part in a clinic for youngsters. He appeared to be confident in strange surroundings and waved off a translator who offered to help.
Perhaps he should have accepted the offer. The 6-foot-2 wing was asked what his early impressions of America were.
"I think he's good guy, really good skater," Ovechkin responded.

LOL

Malakhov

Banned
calder said:
Quiet Malkin, what do you know! ;)

Oh, I haven't posted anything about it yet but let me say now that if the Sens sign Hasek I will not leave the Sens bandwagon, I will catapult out of the bandwagon like a fucking rocket. It is funny how the Sens are trying to deal Bonk, only 4 years too late.
Well get your catapult ready my friend because Hasek just signed with the Sens.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/

Malakhov

Banned
Hasek headed to Ottawa

As reported earlier on Hockeycentral, Sportsnet has learned Dominik Hasek has agreed to terms with the Ottawa Senators.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Ottawa Senators will have a new goalie whenever the next NHL season begins.

As reported earlier on Hockeycentral, Sportsnet has learned Dominik Hasek has agreed to terms with the Ottawa Senators.

The Sens may wait until after July 1 to announce the deal when Hasek officially becomes a free agent or they would have to work out a trade with Detroit.

The six-time Vezina trophy winner will sign a new multi-year deal that will pay him somewhere in the neighbourhood of $2 million per season.

The contract will also contain several performance bonuses and if the Czech netminder leads Ottawa to a Stanley Cup title he will become the NHL's highest paid netminder.

Hasek won the Stanley Cup with Detroit in 2002 and then promptly retired before rejoining the Wings prior to last season.

Hasek only appeared in 14 games for Detroit last year as he was sidelined by a troublesome groin injury.

biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

Kefkaff

Banned
Malakhov said:
Uh the Canes got Martin Gerber this week from the Mighty Ducks in exchange of Tomas Malec and the Cane's 3rd pick in tomorrow's draft.

Wouldn't suprise me if they end up trading Weekes.

Soorryyyy I haven't been paying much attention :p

Why in the HELL would they trade Weekes? He practically carries the team.

Oh, and as a little sidenote: I looked at NHL.com and saw the top ranking North American Goaltenders, and I went to High School with the #4 ranked goalie.

Malakhov

Banned
They might as well put him on the IR list already and be done with it.

They just signed a 40 years old goalie with health problems, that's really smart :p

calder

Yeah, wheeler WTF?

Rostislav Olesz welcome to the NH-- OH SHIT LOOK OUT!!!
booya.gif

My favourite part of the draft is looking at the families and picking out the Hot Girlfriend who's been toiling for years schlepping with some goofy looking teenage hockey player and is just now trying to figure out how to ensure she makes the trip to the big city too.

dem

Well... reaches are good. Just means someone you didnt expect to be available will be =P

calder

Man, I pray one of these guys slips to the Flames

Schremp (won't last)
Wolski (won't last, but man I'd love him)
Stafford or Chipchura as 'safe' picks, even teh Flames can't fuck them up

I wanted Picard too, inate goal-scorers with size in the last half of the first round are always nice.

That's right bitches, thank the Flames.

dem

I dunno about that... I think Wolski might slip. Didnt he just get charged with assault or something? And hell.. he was slipping before that happened.

edit:

Holy shit... that guys a beast...

calder

TAKE SCHWARTZ OILERS TAKE HIM

I'm also intrigued by Lauri Korpikoski, any comparison to Brent Burns gets me tingly. But I don't care about the assault thing (that was at the bar, right? I heard something about it but can't remember where) I want Wolski.

Haha Minny has to pick a local boy. Sweet! I'm almost lost now flipping screens because I lost my Hockey News, but I *think* one of the 4 guys I had been interested in the Flames getting will probably be there, especially with Schwartz, Zajac and Schremp still available.

I just don't want Radulov. They say he's got an attitiude problem and showed it at the Combine (when even total idiots know to behave for the interviews). Shit he even poses like a wannabe russian mafia thug.
alexanderradulov_64067.jpg

dem

ARE YOU INSANE LOWE???!?!?

ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?@?!?

DAMN YOU TO HELL YOU JERKY BASTARD

calder

Hahah, good point McGuire, Ty Conklin isn't taking you to shit.

Hell, if I was an Oiler fan I'd want Schwartz. He's slipped to a good spot, and he could be better than Montoya. I think he'll be at least as good.

NO THEY TOOK DUBNYK. IDIOTS WTF SCHWARTZ IS BETTER THAN DUBNYK.
Jesus look at how fucking big that guy is in the footage!!!

dem

Yeah hes HUGE.. but can he move that frame around??

He was my pick with 25... NOT 14!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom