• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2004 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
Best pick of the draft:
Edmonton Oilers 25th overall pick

The steal of the draft! Schremp still available at #25, what the hell?

Worst pick of the draft:
Phoenix Coyotes 5th overall pick

Wheeler at #5, Phoenix should of traded down and pick him later, boy oh boy did they screw up.

Other notables: Mike Green at 29th for the Caps, Andrej Meszaros at 23rd for the Sens.

On the other hand, Gainey just made me happy:

"Gainey sees Bonk as his team's No. 3 centre behind Saku Koivu and Mike Ribeiro."

``We don't mind qualifying him at $3.5 million,'' Habs GM Bob Gainey said. ``It's a big contract but we'll work our budget in other areas.''

GO GO GAINEY!

Malakhov

Banned
What an awesome day for the Habs! They've just announced they arent gonna make any offers to Darren Langdon and Jim Dowd, like Kovalev, so they're gonna become UFAs.

On the other hand, next week they are gonna make offers to Michael Ryder, Mike Ribeiro, Richard Zednik, Sheldon Souray, Steve Begin.... AND Radek Bonk! ;)

So we got rid of:

Joe Juneau
Andreas Dackell
Stephane Quintal
Yannic Perreault
Darren Langdon
Jim Dowd

Traded:

Mathieu Garon

And we got:

Radek Bonk
Cristobal Huet

I freaking LOVE Gainey. Here's hoping he signs Laperriere and I'd be in heaven! :p

1st. Zednik - Koivu
2nd. Ryder - Ribeiro
3rd. Bulis - Bonk - Ward
4th. Begin

Souray - Komisarek
Markov - Brisebois
Bouillon - Rivet

Theodore
Huet

Still have some trading/signing to do and bring up some prospects like Chris Higgins, hmm :D

calder

1_billups.jpg

Haha, divealanche loves that banner raising pic.

Malakhov

Banned
Lalime got traded for a 4th round pick today wich only reinforces what I've been saying about the goalie market.

Malakhov said:
Lalime got traded for a 4th round pick today wich only reinforces what I've been saying about the goalie market.

STL trading for another goaltender?!?! Who knew?!

I look forward to another Blues season that is so inherently ridiculous it defies the need for Divealanche style ridicule.

Malakhov

Banned
Crazymoogle said:
STL trading for another goaltender?!?! Who knew?!
Yeah, everyone :p
I was sure there would be the ones getting their hands on Garon while dumping some salary with Demitra. I'm happier with Bonk though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom