• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

imBask

Banned
I think i'll go with Panthers in 6 but man...

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Sharks again.
Godammit that team actually scares me.
DeBoer's system was effective against the Kings back in 2012. Would have rather played Nashville, if we lost to them I wouldn't have had to hear about it at least.

Stasis

Well, I know we ain't making it.

So the only teams I'm cool with in the East are the Panthers and Wings. =/

Out West I don't really care. I'd like to see the Sharks or Ducks take it though.

KingBroly

Banned
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNHL/status/719357772324704256

I guess it will be Thursday

HVrIyo2.gif

Having lived in the DC area for the last 7 years, one thing that will never get old is the annual Caps choke job.

Pfft. You act like I haven't been there before. But I'll say it again. I was there when we retired Mario Lemieux's sorry ass the first time before he realized he couldn't handle losing to us like a man. This year, Gary Bettman's gonna have the Stanley Cup shoved up his ass by Putin.

zroid

Banned
Ugh I think inadvertently responded to a GGer who tweeted at me

grosssssssssssssss

I may have really gotten myself into a jam by responding. I didn't even know it was a GGer. Now others are spamming me with their shit. Fuck.

Chris R

Cool, I'll be at G4 for Chicago/St. Louis

Since someone has to win I guess I'll be cheering the Boos on.

Then I'll be at G6 for Anaheim/Nashville, if it goes 6.

It's kind of fitting that the Kings blew the division by blowing a 3 goal lead against a scrub team in their final game.

Good job by the Swans rebounding from their awful start.

Acid08

Banned
So let's look at how these two teams have changed since the last series.

Kings

In:
Andreoff
Lecavlier
Lucic
Versteeg
Schenn
Scuderi
Enroth
McNabb
McBain

Out:
Stoll
Voynov
Jones
Williams
Richards
Mitchell
Regher

Sharks

In:
Ward
Martin
Zubrus
Polak
Dillon
Spaling
Tierney
Jones
Reimer
Karlsson
Donskoi

Out:
Irwin
Sheppard
Boyle
Niemi
Stalock
Torres
Brown
Hannan
Demers
Havlat
Stuart
Desjardins

Honestly, we come out on top here. Got rid of dead weight like Stuart, Irwin, Hannan, Brown, and Havlat and replaced them all with better players. Meanwhile the Kings lost a lot of good players who were big parts of their Cup wins.

Heretic

Kings

In:
Andreoff
Lecavlier
Lucic
Versteeg
Schenn
Scuderi
Enroth
McNabb
McBain

Out:
Stoll
Voynov
Jones
Williams
Richards
Mitchell
Regher

Sharks

In:
Ward
Martin
Zubrus
Polak
Dillon
Spaling
Tierney
Jones
Reimer
Karlsson
Donskoi

Out:
Irwin
Sheppard
Boyle
Niemi
Stalock
Torres
Brown
Hannan
Demers
Havlat
Stuart
Desjardins

Honestly, we come out on top here. Got rid of dead weight like Stuart, Irwin, Hannan, Brown, and Havlat and replaced them all with better players. Meanwhile the Kings lost a lot of good players who were big parts of their Cup wins.

This is your team's year, my friend. If the Ducks don't win, I hope your Sharks do from the West. Sharks or Wild.

grosssssssssssssss

I may have really gotten myself into a jam by responding. I didn't even know it was a GGer. Now others are spamming me with their shit. Fuck.

Make a fake Twitter account, respond to them all saying something pro-woman and watch them go tilt at windmills.

KingBroly

Banned
Get ready for the familiar taste of disappointment.

You should get ready for the familiar taste of Lundqvist ending your season. Because it's happening again.

As for us, if we don't win the Stanley Cup, we'll take it to our fucking graves. OUR FUCKING GRAVES.

OUR

FUCKING

GRAVES

But that won't happen, because we will be The 2015-2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION WASHINGTON CAPITALS

BELIEVE IT

Alucard

Banned
You should get ready for the familiar taste of Lundqvist ending your season. Because it's happening again.

As for us, if we don't win the Stanley Cup, we'll take it to our fucking graves. OUR FUCKING GRAVES.

OUR

FUCKING

GRAVES

But that won't happen, because we will be The 2015-2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION WASHINGTON CAPITALS

BELIEVE IT

Hope the Pens and Caps hook up. Would make for some amazing theatre. Would love to see your reaction when the Caps lost in 5 or 6.

grosssssssssssssss

Fuck I hate it when that happens. Sometimes I antagonize them for the fun of it, and just tweet back "actually" a lot. But god damn. GGers are the literal scrap pile of the internet.

Montresor

Kings

In:
Andreoff
Lecavlier
Lucic
Versteeg
Schenn
Scuderi
Enroth
McNabb
McBain

Out:
Stoll
Voynov
Jones
Williams
Richards
Mitchell
Regher

Sharks

In:
Ward
Martin
Zubrus
Polak
Dillon
Spaling
Tierney
Jones
Reimer
Karlsson
Donskoi

Out:
Irwin
Sheppard
Boyle
Niemi
Stalock
Torres
Brown
Hannan
Demers
Havlat
Stuart
Desjardins

Great post Acid. I'm actually going to switch my pick from Kings to Sharks. I didn't realize the player personnel changed so significantly for both teams.

Curufinwe

I'm pulling for the Sharks, but if Luke Schenn finally gets to experience winning a playoff series I'd be happy for him.

Speaking of high draft picks with disappointing careers, Sam Gagner gets to play his first playoff game on Thursday.

Top Bottom