• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Line_HTX

Who really knows. But there's certainly a history of the NHL playing games outside of North America in any case.

Plus, there's that huge Chinese market they can get a piece of.

I'm still stoked by the Chinese play-by-play from this past SCF. Definitely a good sign.

NHL needs to get the Japan market though...

:p

imBask

Banned
I'm still stoked by the Chinese play-by-play from this past SCF. Definitely a good sign.

NHL needs to get the Japan market though...

:p

you would also need a billion weird floating texts in the screen scrolling from everywhere, and a box with people in a studio reacting to the game

PillarEN

Japan is weird when it comes to ice hockey. They have two teams in Hokkaido but none of them are in Sapporo. A city with over a million people (maybe close to two if I remember corectly) but no hockey team. The other Japanese pro teams are in the northern half of Honshu. These best Japanese teams play in a small league that is comprised of teams from Glorious Nippon, Worst Korea, Communist China, and Don Cherry's favorites Russia.

PillarEN

tumblr_mvyqyatZkK1sokw3yo1_1280.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Jimmy Vesey gets a hat trick in Buffalo tonight. Follow Nasher's lead, Jimmy! Go full heel on your sorta former team!

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Japan is weird when it comes to ice hockey. They have two teams in Hokkaido but none of them are in Sapporo. A city with over a million people (maybe close to two if I remember corectly) but no hockey team. The other Japanese pro teams are in the northern half of Honshu. These best Japanese teams play in a small league that is comprised of teams from Glorious Nippon, Worst Korea, Communist China, and Don Cherry's favorites Russia.

Yeah, the Asian League is really weird in how tiny it is. Nearly every team (outside of two) play in a small city in equally tiny arenas that barely fit 2,000 most of the time. Like the biggest city has like 10 million plus (Harbin in China) and has the biggest arena in the league (somewhere around 5,000), yet it's home to the league's biggest punching bag.

I'd love for the NHL to play preseason games in Worst Korea, but they don't have an arena worth playing in unlike in China or Japan.

Marvie_3

Banned
you would also need a billion weird floating texts in the screen scrolling from everywhere, and a box with people in a studio reacting to the game
That sounds at least 4 million times better than eddie olczyk.

Hey Marcie have you started The Division yet? I did and it's really fun so far
Yeah im level 14. I see you on but you never play it with me. :/

iLLmAtlc

Lol how did that "shot themselves in the foot" guy not a get a tag? That post is legendary across the gaming internet.

zroid

Banned
OMG Overdrive couldn't find a golf analyst to come on and talk about Tiger Woods so they got some rando who works at a Golf Town to do it :lol :lol

he was actually pretty good xD

Anyone going to watch the game awards tonight?
you'd have to pay me to watch that garbage

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Stars vs the Penguins of Death and Destruction and Doom

PPG Paints Arena is a stupid fucking name for a stadium.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Vesey-Hayes-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Puempel-Miller-Zuccarello
Grabner-Lindberg-Pirri

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Clendening

Lundqvist

calder

Not looking forward to mcdavids 5 put night tonight. Oilers embarrassed last game, coach reams them next day at practice all indications of them playing week tonight sadly.

MutFox

Banned
Got free tickets to the Canucks/Ducks game tonight...
My GF is busy with a project... :|

Trying to find an person to go... Ugh...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's a pretty soft hooking call, but it's probably a makeup for letting a couple of pretty obvious Buffalo penalties go in the last few minutes.

Top Bottom