• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Another loss because of netminding. Call back Markstrom, both of these can't do it. Dominated the game and because Clemmer is shit, we lose. Theo not much better, he was painfully slow in the shootout.

Realtalk:

In 12th place with less games played than the rest of the conference (3 pts out of 8th seed)

Team burdened by key player injuries (kipper, backlund, sven, cervenkas poor conditioning)

The Kings were three points away from us, as they always are, last season, Cinderalla Stories do happen

On the other side..

Canucks were prez winners for how many years running? Had a lock for a cup win, blow it horribly.

You tell me whats crazier? Do I think we have a championship team? I've already said I'm not jaded, but things happen in playoffs, why should I deny myself the pleasure of being optimistic about it?

E: I'd like to add we got a new coach in a shortened season plus a ton of moves in the off season, it's taking a bit to get some chemistry going, from what I've seen they've only improved as the season drags on.

The Kings had Brown, Carter, Williams, Richards and Kopitar in their top six. You guys have Iginla Cammalleri and Hurdler. Hurdler.

They also had actual defensemen. Not Dennis Wideman.

MacAttack

Hmm who's available? :) No idea.
I like Lucic. ;-). Seguin, need a good centre. Heh. We really need picks. Enough of this rentaplayer quick fix stuff.
I think the Bruins are positioned to trade some combination of picks and prospects but moving any starting players :)lol Lucic) would leave the team with weaknesses elsewhere. Would you be interested in a *ahem* young up and comer like Chris Bourque?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Finally a dominating win. Feels good, man. Think we missed Nash? 12 shots, a goal, and an assist. And while we're at it, a multi-point night for McDonagh in his return too.

This was also probably Richards' best game of the season.

And holy crap were the Lightning bad in the first. The most lopsided one-goal game I think I've ever seen at that point.

2 desperately needed points.

zedge

I think the Bruins are positioned to trade some combination of picks and prospects but moving any starting players :)lol Lucic) would leave the team with weaknesses elsewhere. Would you be interested in a *ahem* young up and comer like Chris Bourque?
Anyone with the last name Bourque is off the table, foerever. ;)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
iLahpnDhrhu3B.gif

5KGgu.gif

The Kings had Brown, Carter, Williams, Richards and Kopitar in their top six. You guys have Iginla Cammalleri and Hurdler. Hurdler.

Wideman has been pretty damn good, I'm as surprised as anyone, he's had a couple of bad give aways but I feel hes a good addition with 10 points in 18 games. TJ Brodie has been progressing pretty good too. Hudler is also putting up numbers, I think he's a really creative play maker. Not saying that we are a first rate team but it feels better than it has for probably 18-20 months.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So it's going to have to be Detroit to beat the Hawks in regulation. Can't wait to not see the game since I'll be at the Emerald City Comic Con. Well I might be able to see the first two periods since it starts at fucking 9:30am for me.

calder

Watching the Jets with a lead in the third is like watching a toddler playing with a loaded handgun. The odd man rushes, broken coverage low, point blank shots at both ends and just constant refusal to play effective D is almost impressive by now. I have to assume it's intentional because a mediocre peewee team would have figured it out by now.

But whatever, they actually held on and, bafflingly, scored an empty net goal to increase their lead (novel!). Good game, and lmao/holyshit as Byfuglien channels his inner Paul Coffey to go coast to coast on Ladd's winner.

Canuck76

Banned

I agree with this a bit. They won't win the stanley cup. No way. I'll be happy if they make the playoffs though. If Iginla can have one last good playoff series i'll be happy. Then trade all these guys for picks and cap space for the rebuild.

Maybe not iginla because he maybe wants to stay with this franchise but scalp everyone else.

I agree with this a bit. They won't win the stanley cup. No way. I'll be happy if they make the playoffs though. If Iginla can have one last good playoff series i'll be happy. Then trade all these guys for picks and cap space for the rebuild.

Maybe not iginla because he maybe wants to stay with this franchise but scalp everyone else.

That's about where I'm at with it. I'm not for blowing it all up though, problem is a lot of our guys don't carry much value.

Top Bottom